Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MoP Kings vs Might for leveling?

Title says it all. Which one provides more damage? Trying to level as fast as I possibly can.
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

Use might.
    If you have some honor to spend get the lvl 60/70/80 pvp gear or at least the weapons.
    If you level some parts in areas with alot of mobs make sure you use taunt even as ret to get mobs to you. (mouseover taunt ftw)
    If you want to level with mass quest grinding you should go prot and just pull non stop sometimes killing more mobs then needed

Might is a higher DPS gain, but you you should still carry around Drums of Forgotten Kings if you want to maximize your leveling speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpurin View Post
    Might is a higher DPS gain, but you you should still carry around Drums of Forgotten Kings if you want to maximize your leveling speed.
    Thanks for that i forgot to stock up on these!

Deleted
    Might.

It's impossible for kings to EVER beat Might in Attack Power numbers

I am kind of assuming that Might and Kings are staying relatively similar to how they are on live during MoP? Might is reverting back to 10% AP gain isn't it?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporky0 View Post
    I am kind of assuming that Might and Kings are staying relatively similar to how they are on live during MoP? Might is reverting back to 10% AP gain isn't it?
    Not really. Blessing of Might currently on beta gives 1042 Mastery rating @ level 85, no attack power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gringgotts View Post
    Title says it all. Which one provides more damage? Trying to level as fast as I possibly can.
    If solo levelling with no heirlooms, I would use BoK since it adds more surviveability. If doing dungeons I would use BoK if no other Paladin or Druid was at present, since most tanks and healing have a habit of being pretty bad, and therefor I would choose surviveability of my group (regardless of how little it is) instead of higher damage output (Even though one could argue that more damage output is more surviveability).

I don't think Might is even available until level 81 in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. It's class dependent.
    2. If you are really THAT concerned, you should consider playing something else. Rushing through a games content defeats the sole purpose of it.

Prot + Might = Powerleveling for Gods ... or my mage in WotLK when i would freeze everyone then just blizzard them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkiri View Post
    If solo levelling with no heirlooms, I would use BoK since it adds more surviveability. If doing dungeons I would use BoK if no other Paladin or Druid was at present, since most tanks and healing have a habit of being pretty bad, and therefor I would choose surviveability of my group (regardless of how little it is) instead of higher damage output (Even though one could argue that more damage output is more surviveability).
    Kings really provides almost no survivability, unless less than half a percent of parry is very noticeable to you.

Are drums of forgotten kings in beta? And do they still provide 4%?

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 08:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    1. It's class dependent.
    2. If you are really THAT concerned, you should consider playing something else. Rushing through a games content defeats the sole purpose of it.
    @ point 1. This thread is in the paladin forum.
    @ point 2. I have fun by going hard in the paint, to each their own.
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    1. It's class dependent.
    1. Paladin is the only class that can cast both of those spells, so it is safe the assume that he is a paladin trying to level fast. So, it makes sense to consider this question from a paladin PoV, and give a simple answer.
    2. Everyone can level however they want to, it is a game after all...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporky0 View Post
    Might.

It's impossible for kings to EVER beat Might in Attack Power numbers

For today, this is right, but in MoP (read the title again ^^) Might does not provide AP anymore, but Mastery. So it's not that easy to determine, if Might or Kings is better. 5% more Strength provides about 1200 AP in my current Ret-Gear. I would say that's better than ~1k Mastery. For Prot it could be different, since Might increases your survivability much more than Kings and the gain of AP is smaller for Prot than for Ret, there I would use Might, as Ret always Kings.

Yea might gives mastery ATM in the beta and also is not available till level 81. Kings is at 30

10+ Year Old Account
    Half of the posters in this thread didn't even read the title correctly :/

Kings. Stam+ AP + SP.

More damage at a lower level, Kings. You don't get a mastery until 80. You don't get Might until 81. Kings is your only seal really for lower level leveling. For 85-90, so far it doesn't really matter as (assuming you're ret) the damage against quest mobs is retarded. I'm 2 shotting everything at 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Schockadin View Post
    For today, this is right, but in MoP (read the title again ^^) Might does not provide AP anymore, but Mastery. So it's not that easy to determine, if Might or Kings is better. 5% more Strength provides about 1200 AP in my current Ret-Gear. I would say that's better than ~1k Mastery. For Prot it could be different, since Might increases your survivability much more than Kings and the gain of AP is smaller for Prot than for Ret, there I would use Might, as Ret always Kings.
    So, you have like 12000 strength?

I use Might, gives about 10% extra damage to Hand of Light. So on crit of 45k-ish damage that I get with TV thats about 6k extra holy damage on top with INQ up, whereas Kings was giving me at most 46-47k Crits.

51k damage vs 46-47k damage.

And the 5% from kings also doesn't give me enough spell power that it becomes amazing for my spells, which means my Moves that are affected by hand of light generally cover that extra damage and a little more.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!