Your computer building check list? What you personally require before end-use.

Hello again.

Here's the scenario:

Step A: After rechecking that you've connected everything correctly, you're ready to press the power button.

Step Z: You're now ready to use your computer; for gaming, for editing, for browsing the MMO-Champion forums!

So for you, what happens between Step A and Step Z? Your input on "things you should never forget" OR "ways to best optimize your hardware and software" whether they be advanced or simple.

Can't wait to hear what you guys have to say!

Usually about 3 days worth of installing games, software, and drivers.

Deleted
    Disable hibernation and reduce the page file. If you use an SSD, this will save a lot of space. I personally don't use hibernation since my PC starts fast anyway, and I set the pagefile to 1GB. Saved 31GB in total that way

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Installing+updating Windows, optimizing Windows and SSD stuffs, (turn off Hibernate, move page-file to HDD, etc) installing games, and the like. Also - test stability of CPU/GPU and RAM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

And don't forget to put the firewall on the computer first.

Quote Originally Posted by schnitzendoble View Post
    And don't forget to put the firewall on the computer first.
    Win7 comes with firewall enabled out of the box, and it also whines about missing AV program & missing OS patches. As long as you're missing AV program Windows Update has the free MSE listed in optional updates.

Big improvement over previous versions there.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_actually View Post
    Hello again.

Here's the scenario:

Step A: After rechecking that you've connected everything correctly, you're ready to press the power button.

Step Z: You're now ready to use your computer; for gaming, for editing, for browsing the MMO-Champion forums!

So for you, what happens between Step A and Step Z? Your input on "things you should never forget" OR "ways to best optimize your hardware and software" whether they be advanced or simple.

Can't wait to hear what you guys have to say!
    B: shout: IT'S ALIVE!
    C: Laugh... like so:

D: Install windows ready for SSD (stick to ACHI boot mode)
    E: After installing Windows 7, install firefox
    F: Do shit loads of windows updates (configure the SSD moar) and get some virus protection
    G: Overclock
    H: Install teh GAIMEZ
    Z
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|