View Poll Results: How do you feel about GW2 ?

Voters
140. This poll is closed
  • This game is great !

96 68.57%
  • I feel disappointed :/

44 31.43%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Like the above poster, it didn't feel mindblowing at first but as you play more and more... well, I really really liked it. Loved the dynamic events, one even required us to solve puzzles which is really cool (Norn start area).

Did WvW with friends and it was simply amazing. I can guess it's not half as fun if you're solo though.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Should be more then "great" and "dissapointed" I think it is a great deal of fun, but there are some minor issues I have with it, mainly control and the "Cues" enemies give before big attacks.

With a huge population, some of the mobs were almost impossible, like 20+ minute fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    not really disapointed becouse i didnt go in expecting it to be the best game ever like some people. Dont think its great either to its good and il have fun playing it for a long time.

Id give it a 7 out of 10 at this point. A fun game to play from time to time same as gw1
    And im happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Like the above poster, it didn't feel mindblowing at first but as you play more and more... well, I really really liked it. Loved the dynamic events, one even required us to solve puzzles which is really cool (Norn start area).

Did WvW with friends and it was simply amazing. I can guess it's not half as fun if you're solo though.

I have not done any pvp at all, but playing with friends thus far is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>playing alone. In wow I have no issue playing alone, farming alone, questing along, queueing instances alone...in GW2 a friend makes it all that much more worthwhile.

Really, this thread is appropriate? The question you pose is completely retarded. It's a beta not a demo. Yes it sounds like it's a demo but it isn't. There's no release date, you got into the beta because you prepurchased and I guess that's Anet's fault for wanting some quick cash.

However that cash will be put to use to make the game even better come release. So return once the game has been live for a time and not 48 hours out of which 50% time the servers were down.

Geee.

Tips to those that are disapointed:

-Get to a higher level.
    -Wait for late hours so that quests are not crowded
    -Try a different class, they are VERY different
    -Avoid lag

I stopped leveling my mesmer now level 22.
    I started a new guardian, at a late hour. I had soooooooo much more fun than the first time, I know now the mechanics and don't wonder whats what anymore, quests are less crowded, guardian is a fantastic class.

Cant repeat this enough, this game requires time to get used to. It REALLY gets better once you know what you are doing.

Once you get out of the "How the fuck does this work" state. Once you control your characters correctly. And if you can avoid crowds and lags. This is the best fun I had in a mmo since a looooooooooong time.
    Last edited by rezoacken; 2012-04-29 at 10:55 AM.

Deleted
    I must admit that I was insanely hyped over this game, my hatred towards WoW and my need to play an MMO didn't help either. Anyways, this game delivered. Everything I expected and more. I just can't put it down D= Have perhaps slept 3h in total this weekend because I've played GW2 all night =D

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Originally Posted by Army Dreamer
    Please add an option "I don't care!".
    If you don't care then why post in the thread ?
    So we can see the poll results without giving false information.

I did a poll yesterday about the beta, that was shut down to try to keep conversation consolidated. But it got about 100 votes and the numbers were roughly the same... about 70-75% of the respondants thought the game was awesome/very good, small % average, and then maybe 10-15% were disappointed.

You're never going to please everyone, and the game definitely changes up expecations from people who have been playing EQ-esque hotkey mmos for the past 10 years.

I wasn't sure about the beta for the first hour or so, but several hours in I've decided it will be my MMO of choice from now on.

This game definitely met my expectations, and they were set pretty high to begin with. I really love this game, and I'm willing to bet that it's only going to get better with more polish and optimization!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewislix View Post
    So we can see the poll results without giving false information.
    Click on view poll results ?

Deleted
    Played with my girlfriend these last 2 days and I can say it's quite alright. No it didn't meet the hype and such surrounding it but it didn't fail to deliver either. Naturally the game still has to go far in the terms of options that it provides, yes by this i mean in comparison to WoW simply because WoW is an mmo giant and standards it set are becoming a backbone of any future successful mmo.

Pvp was very fun, although i chew over the fact that i couldn't queue with my gf, which is one of the reasons we never did pvp in gw1. If this continues at release it will become a major disappointment in my eyes. Class balance is so far good to be honest and I haven't come to see someone that is in an incredible advantage over another. Yes Elementalists are squishy, give them some more hp and tune the dmg a bit. Yes necromancers have too much survivability(i can see this getting a nerf in the future). Yes engineers have too much utility, especially when 2-3 are in one place. Played all of those so i can admit to such things without lacking info.

Pve however, felt a bit kiddy-like...and way too easy. I have not stepped into a dungeon so I dare not comment but quest-wise it just feels like the story line is pushing you in aiding these "great heroes" yadda yadda and it's all happening too fast for me. I may still be wrong and all that may seem different later on but as of now I liked gw1 questing a bit more. Possibly also due to the characters/heroes who had their personality and other qualities.

Visuals are at some points stunning to be honest, and at some points weird...Mists in the far distance, terrain blending stressing the eyes, colors and spell effects that can become tiresome after a while...hmm.

Performance is...eh. I hope it will get tuned to flow more smooth then it does now. For as in many other mmo's, people tend to not like games which force them to upgrade to top-of-the-line gaming rigs(Cases with early AoC/Swtor and similar). That just comes down to loosing players=bad business.

All in all, i will most definitely be playing this game, and do not regret in the least my pre-purchase. As a free-to-play mmo it offers a whole lot more than others with that module. In my eyes It's a good game, not great, but well good enough to keep me interested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberdawn View Post
    Was initially a bit disappointed when I started playing, but as I played more, got more and more into it. Now I can't put it down! Really looking forward to seeing the polish they put on the game after the feedback from the beta.
    Exactly! Me too

Could we stop with the impression topics please?