Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Have you come across any epic jumping puzzles yet?

I've been playing a Norn Guardian and i have found 2 jumping puzzles so far!

1) The first one was in Wayferer Foothills, Shamans Rookery cave. There were a few thin walkways with Ravens on them, The ravens knock you back so you had to wait for them to fly away or jump over them. Then you would get about 1/4 way and there would be a Shaman boss to kill. Took me and a random Necromancer about 2 hours to get to the end. Then we were greeted by 2 of the bosses! Yeh we got owned, Recruited a few other people then waited for them to master the puzzle and then finally killed them.
    A chest was the reward, with a crappy chest plate! haha was really fun though.

2) The second one was today. In the Diessa plateau, Next to the Blaster Moors. It was like a half destroyed watch tower with trebuchet and undead people on it. About 4 of us took on the challenge of climbing up it. There would be a rock or log sticking out of the building a little bit some to trick you. Took us about 30 mins to figure it out but we got there. At the top there was a level 19 Veteran and nothing else hah. Again very fun though!

So, Have you found any?
    Last edited by Cludo; 2012-04-29 at 10:39 AM.

I found that first one you linked, didn't do it as the game was really laggy at that point (like 10 to 20 second response time). So after falling a few times without knowing what was going on I decided to just come back and try again when everything was smooth. Haven't yet though but looking forward to these at release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I forget where this was linked, but someone found this jump puzzle in WvW and decided to record it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSukfvQCuik

On Diessa Plateau at the Breached Wall, took about 40 minutes of experimenting with precarious ledges to get all the way up to the skill point guarded by a veteran ghost captain Several jumps required speed boosts even.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    On Diessa Plateau at the Breached Wall, took about 40 minutes of experimenting with precarious ledges to get all the way up to the skill point guarded by a veteran ghost captain Several jumps required speed boosts even.

I did this one it was extremely fun I am loving how they are implementing all forms of entertainment in the game.

I came across this one in Queensdale:

It was pretty fun, but really short, took me like 5 mins to complete!

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't found any, i suck at exploring lol

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    They're quite hidden, you need to try jumping places you wouldn't think possible

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the problem, all i think it's just "oh i cant go there, it's logical" and it keeps me away from doing it, plus, you guys are on a full server and i couldn't join you!

Deleted
    I was looking for some but i never managed to find one I'm going to do all those now and this forum is better than gw2guru is atm... People are just whining about how "Bad" the game is in there

---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 06:44 PM ----------

I was looking for some but i never managed to find one I'm going to do all those now and this forum is better than gw2guru is atm... People are just whining about how "Bad" the game is in there. And where on the map is the queensdale one ?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    ^this right hurr

It's not so much that I'm not exploring, either. I'm focused on experiencing the game world as a whole, so as much as I would like to get full exploration of every area I visit, the short duration of the BWE makes me feel rushed. Especially since I've been fairly busy this weekend, which is upsetting.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

We spent like an hour in that fucking cave, me and my friend and some random engineer.
    Then when we got to the end the tigers raped everyone and I had to kite the last one as a guardian, soloing it with the two dead people cheering me on was honestly the best part of the beta, so glad I had the sceptre root ability.

Of course the chest was full of crap. While I was filled with the satisfaction of a job well done, my friend who had just spent an hour falling into holes and getting killed by panther-men was less enthused.

There's another one in a cave in the human zone too, full of grubs and spiders. A lot shorter though.

Hell no. I hate terrain jumping. Avoid at all costs. Fuck off, datacrons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hell no. I hate terrain jumping. Avoid at all costs. Fuck off, datacrons.
    hahah! SWTOR jumping puzzles were shit though GWs are awesomely fun

Do I need to jump on ledges? Then no. Pass, pass, pass, pass.

Puzzles are hiding skill points, and can be spotted on the map at all time, correct?

I found one in a cave. I forget the name of the zone, but it wasn't really difficult and it didn't take me long to figure it out. At the end was a veteran mob that had an event attached to it, a chest that gave me some white gear, and an npc with some lore.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I found one in a cave. I forget the name of the zone, but it wasn't really difficult and it didn't take me long to figure it out. At the end was a veteran mob that had an event attached to it, a chest that gave me some white gear, and an npc with some lore.
    You sure it was a jump puzzle? Sounds more like these "tiny minidungeons", with a lot of mobs and a "boss" at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    You sure it was a jump puzzle? Sounds more like these "tiny minidungeons", with a lot of mobs and a "boss" at the end.
    Could have been something like that but the only way to get to it was to do a little jumping puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Could have been something like that but the only way to get to it was to do a little jumping puzzle.
    I thought I had seen "a little jumping puzzle" until I saw an actual jumping puzzle