Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I spent 33 days straight (8-16 hours a day) out in Storm Peaks before I finally got TLPD. I'm trying like hell to avoid the Aeonaxx camp, but I'm sure I'll give in here pretty quick and get started. I bought the seahorse mount and haven't done the camel search yet.

Got my Tlpd and Camel.....been camping aeonaxx for what seems like an eternity now but he just wont show up for me...

Oh wells....One day that dragon shall be mine.

F that underwater mount ....gave up after i lost it two weeks in a row

Got TLPD yesterday at around 13.30-13.40. Never really stayed there for longer than half an hour but I have been checking it since wotlk came out basically. Seen two dead bodies before.

I got TLPD ages ago in the Ulduar days, it happened by luck just flying by. I don't have the patience to camp any of the others lol.

tens of hours of camping, only have camel...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikedriver View Post
    I have the camel. For all of you looking for it that use NPC_Scan be advised that there are 2 npc codes for the mysterious camel figurine. 50409 and 50410. 50409 will ALWAYS turn to dust and 50410 will Always port you to the chump you gotta kill. I got mine by only having 50410 in the NPC scan list so the first time it popped up on me I knew that it was the real deal.

Hope this helps.
    I don't think you can target either one now by selecting the NPC_Scan icon. It triggered one day in oldum; I couldn't target it, I ran around like crazy trying to find that SOB, and later read Blizz made it untargetable. True or not?

---------- Post added 2012-05-25 at 11:50 AM ----------

This is a true story. I swear to God.

I was reading this thread and felt a sudden urge to look for TLPD -- I have never killed any of the 4 rares (Got Poseidus on the AH). I ported to Dalaran with my Kirin Tor ring. Flew to Boars Breath, and NPC_SCAN went off immediately -- literally within 2 minutes or less of reading this thread -- I figured it would be the corpse, but there is was!

Now I have TLPD after 3+ years of searching, waiting, and hoping! =D
    Last edited by macdisciple; 2012-05-25 at 03:33 PM.

Deleted
    I have Aeonaxx twice and Time-Lost Proto Drake, have yet to see Poseidos tho

First Kill:

Second Kill: On Horde

Time-Lost Proto Drake

Best advice I can give is don't give up, just be prepared to give up raiding and the social aspect of wow for these rarities unless you get lucky and happen to pass by as they spawn but the chances are rare, it did happen to me with my second Aeonaxx kill though so can happen
    Last edited by mmocbb3b454b5d; 2012-05-27 at 11:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Gotta Catch'em All its like trying to find a wild snorlax o_O

Deleted
    Ive only got camel. Quite some hours of camping TLPD (saw him dead 2-3 times), dont want to even try farming Aeonaxx. Wont even start on Poseidus since it can be bought in AH (so if decide to have him ill just buy of AH).

10+ Year Old Account
    I have all four. Got the TLPD on two toons. Found TLPD both times by chance no camping needed. Found camel from second statue while I was questing. Aeonaxx took me 20 days of camping. I missed Aeonaxx three times until I got him. Found posidus while questing. Overall Aeonaxx was the only one I had to camp.

Deleted
    Got timelost first, semicamping and one day i saw it fluttering peacefully around valkyrion. Second one was poseidus, also semi,camping. Camel came 3rd after about 15 normal statues.
    Still waiting for Naxx, after a year of camping 1-16h per day every day (except in christmas for about 10 days missed). So far i've spotted 0 naxxx, 0 bats, 7 xarionas...
    I hate to see some campers there with only 2 mounts x( drives me mad sometimes.

Deleted
    On and off for most of Wotlk and then in Cata I farmed certain spots for about 3 days, I think. Worth it to finally get him.
    Expected to be shaking and incredibly anxious when I seen him, I joked about it with some friends that I would never get him because I'd be freaking out too much to act. When I finally seen him I entered a dream like zone and felt oddly calm, lol. Sort of like 'Yes...he IS mine now.'

Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2012-05-28 at 01:37 PM.

Just got me Aeonaxx mount, Camel next

By rmwing at 2012-05-28

By rmwing at 2012-05-28

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ehardman/mount - Dat Dere Mount Collection
    Horde Server - Blackrock US
    Alliance Server - Frostmourne US

10+ Year Old Account
    just need that sexy camel. and i'm finished!

--pictures inc.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

I've got all four. TLPD took me around six months camping on and off, Aeonaxx took me a couple weeks (I was server first to get it), Poseidus took me until the third week I think and the camel took me 31 fakes to get it.

I've been trying to get Aeonaxx for the past four days now and haven't seen a blood or him spawn yet. Does anyone have any tips about him?

Quote Originally Posted by Melinoe View Post
    I've been trying to get Aeonaxx for the past four days now and haven't seen a blood or him spawn yet. Does anyone have any tips about him?
    When blood seeker spawns he despawns in about 5 secs if not faster so it's difficult to track. You just have to sit and wait >.<

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ehardman/mount - Dat Dere Mount Collection
    Horde Server - Blackrock US
    Alliance Server - Frostmourne US

Deleted
    So after 10 camel statues over 3 weeks or so I finally have all 4 mounts

Found Poseidus, sold it for 140k gold. I don't need a swimming mount when I have the Vashj'ir mount.

Deleted
    Got my TLPD after a 38 hour non-stop camp. I was a quivering wreck when he popped up but I somehow managed to keep my cool & grab him. Such a great feeling when you finally find a rare like that!

Didn't ever try looking for any of the others. Never really appealed to me.