Deleted

Children's Week companion pets

I'd like to get them all this year. But as you know, you can only get one per questline per year.

Would it be a good idea to grind the ones I still need on alts? With the whole accountwide pets and such.

Or wouldn't that work out and be a waste of time?

Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it should work out I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, it should work indeed
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    Now to think of it, I might as well spread out my alts to worthy locations, like Sethekk Halls & Utgarde Pinnacle. That way I can easily grind mounts whenever i feel like it, without traveltime :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post
    Now to think of it, I might as well spread out my alts to worthy locations, like Sethekk Halls & Utgarde Pinnacle. That way I can easily grind mounts whenever i feel like it, without traveltime :-)

It's pets not mounts that are going account wide ( but I think account wide will more than liekly be only sever wide : /

No blue drake on my main

Although i would think soloing malygos at 90 will be a cakewalk

Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post
    It's pets not mounts that are going account wide ( but I think account wide will more than liekly be only sever wide : /

No blue drake on my main

But they are looking at doing mounts account wide eventually, in MoP, so its still not a bad idea

Too bad I have them all and nothing new this year guess another world event to just let slide by for me. Well maybe for the 15g xD
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Deleted
    so if i good understand i need to learn companion on alt and when MoP will come i will be able to trade it ? or i have to wait to MoP and then trade them ?

Deleted

No blue drake on my main

Read the blue posts on the front page, it says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyVoodoo View Post
    Read the blue posts on the front page, it says otherwise.
    As far as I can see it says mounts through achievements, not mounts in general. I can't recall any confirmation for mounts going account wide, unfortunately.

Edit: Also, as someone pointed out, account wide doesn't necessarily mean account wide (heirlooms (Bind on Account) says hello)).

you can get pet biscuits this year if you have all the pets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post
    I'd like to get them all this year. But as you know, you can only get one per questline per year.

Would it be a good idea to grind the ones I still need on alts? With the whole accountwide pets and such.

Or wouldn't that work out and be a waste of time?

Cheers!

isnt it just a waste of time? Do u play on ur alts, if u dont why grind for the pets?

Quote Originally Posted by Badmanis View Post
    isnt it just a waste of time? Do u play on ur alts, if u dont why grind for the pets?
    So he has the other pets on his main come MoP.

Thanks for the tip, might actually do this too.

Just did it on 4 chars, took about 1h 20min with a few [Potion of Deepholm]. Gonna do the SW chain tomorrow for the rest of the pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Roszadok View Post
    so if i good understand i need to learn companion on alt and when MoP will come i will be able to trade it ? or i have to wait to MoP and then trade them ?
    From what I have seen so far it seems the intended mechanism will be that you can trade most pets out of your "collection" by "caging" it and turning it into a Caged Pet inventory item.
    That item will then when used teach you the pet, add it to your collection at the appropriate level.

However that will remove that pet from your collection, so will need a replacement if you intend to maintain the numbers.

Since pets can be levelled up through the battling, then I can see a market for that.
    Where you level up a pet, sell it on for a higher price reflecting that and then learn a new one at a low level and start again.

Deleted

No blue drake on my main

Everything you said is wrong.
    Pets are account wide, doesn't matter the server of faction. And mounts will also be account wide, read the press release and recent blue posts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Also, as someone pointed out, account wide doesn't necessarily mean account wide (heirlooms (Bind on Account) says hello)).
    Just thought i'd let you know that actually achieves (and pets and most likely mounts will be too)are all actually fully bnet account wide in the beta currently. As i have toons of different servers in that and they share their achieves

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurio View Post
    Just thought i'd let you know that actually achieves (and pets and most likely mounts will be too)are all actually fully bnet account wide in the beta currently. As i have toons of different servers in that and they share their achieves

How did you manage to do this because I grinded all the 10 Children's Week pets and I am not seeing it on my Copied Character on the beta I did 3 on my main obviously 3 on another shaman alt then found out i had to high level horde toons on another realm (but that shouldn't matter) so I did 2 on one of the horde toons and 2 on the other horde toon (the reason I did only 2 is because northrend is pointless once you get oracle and wolvar thats all you can for those one)