How exactly does an MMO FPS work?

I hope this isn't a noob question, but after seeing Firefall I became intrigued. However, when I try to find information about it, all I can pull up is the different class types. I can't figure out how the game is an actual MMO. Will there be raids? Is there a leveling system? Talent system? Is your character level, itemization, and raid's class compilation important, or is this really just another FPS claiming to be an MMO?

Will the MMO system negate your FPS skills and or vice-versa, will your FPS skills negate the MMO system? IE. Could a really good FPS player kill a higher level character based solely on his advanced FPS skills?
    Last edited by Jersovic; 2012-04-29 at 12:32 PM.

Why "MMO system negate your FPS skills"? You know what MMO means?
    The MMOFPS is a FPS game designed to play online and only online with some ammount of social activity like chat rooms etc. Thats all. There are no raids or stuff like this...
    In fact in some game there are "talents" or perks and even some kind of leveling but not always.

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    Why "MMO system negate your FPS skills"? You know what MMO means?
    The MMOFPS is a FPS game designed to play online and only online with some ammount of social activity like chat rooms etc. Thats all. There are no raids or stuff like this...
    In fact in some game there are "talents" or perks and even some kind of leveling but not always.
    Well, the video review I watched on Firefall said that 90% of the game was PVE content, so I assumed that a leveling system must be in place. If I was wrong, then my apologies. I was also curious if a really good FPS player at low level could easily kill a mediocre FPS player who was high level. I know in a game like Warcraft that a low level character can never kill a high level character regardless of skill levels. Was honestly just curious how they would work around this if the game was a conventional MMO that utilized FPS skills. :P

Deleted
    Mm, your overloading what "MMO" means. It's come to mean "WOW", but it just means "very multiplayer",

If you haven't watched it, see this, seems pretty cool,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgFcEW5nyGI

FPS is simply a combat system, and does not detract in any way from the interactions with other players that an MMO brings.

Take any big MMO and give players big guns to shoot each other with rather than swords and axes.
    It does not change that it is an MMO, only changing how you fight.