Deleted

80-85 Levelling spec?

Hey guys

Just scroll of red'd a priest.

What would be the best tree to use for levelling? I assume shadow or disc? It will all be solo questing

Thanks!

If you're just doing quests, shadow most likely, offspec a holy/disc spec and you could add dungeons. But shadow for things to die faster in quests.

15+ Year Old Account
    Solo questing? Shadow without a doubt. It's like affli lock imo, dot a mob up, move to next mob, dot it up aswell and repeat. Super fast imo, especially with looms. c:

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Shadow, without a doubt. While disc is perfectly viable for questing in the earlier levels, it doesnt really compare at the 80-85 range. I had a blast leveling my priest as shadow, multidotting is both fun and efficient, and you get some great burst with mind spike at 81

Deleted
    thanks guys i dont have looms but have chosen shadow so hopefully its relatively fast to 85!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Solo questing? Shadow without a doubt. It's like affli lock imo, dot a mob up, move to next mob, dot it up aswell and repeat. Super fast imo, especially with looms. c:
    This.

Most people that complain leveling a priest is hard, are doing it wrong. It's not a mage or hunter where you kill 1 mob before moving on to the next (save me the AOE examples please), but as the poster above me said, more like a lock.

VT > DP > SW:P > MB & move on to the next mob. Dots will likely finish off your target for you, if not, SWeath them.

Make sure you have inner fire, shadowform, VE, and PW:S up at all times to save yourself from damage/heal yourself up (you'll be tanking most mobs for a while, while your dots kill them off).

Shadowfiend + Fade is a nice combo to save yourself some damage for a mob or two as well. Dispersing after you multidot a few mobs is a nice way to keep grinding while you regain mana. Archangel should be used almost on cd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    This.

Most people that complain leveling a priest is hard, are doing it wrong. It's not a mage or hunter where you kill 1 mob before moving on to the next (save me the AOE examples please), but as the poster above me said, more like a lock.

VT > DP > SW:P > MB & move on to the next mob. Dots will likely finish off your target for you, if not, SWeath them.

Make sure you have inner fire, shadowform, VE, and PW:S up at all times to save yourself from damage/heal yourself up (you'll be tanking most mobs for a while, while your dots kill them off).

Shadowfiend + Fade is a nice combo to save yourself some damage for a mob or two as well. Dispersing after you multidot a few mobs is a nice way to keep grinding while you regain mana. Archangel should be used almost on cd.
    should i be in shadow form at all times? just wondered after looking through my spell book / bars

edit: just re read and missed your comment, my bad

edit2: also is it worth respeccing from the given shadow spec? it dosent have archangel in it i just noticed
    Last edited by mmoc70cd3b8a0e; 2012-04-29 at 03:30 PM.

The earliest you can get Archangel is at level 83, since you need 31 points in shadow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorz View Post
    The earliest you can get Archangel is at level 83, since you need 31 points in shadow.
    ah ok i am currently 82 so what is the ideal 85 spec so i know where to put my last points??

For raiding: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...TaSd!dfhRjlNnp + 2 spare talent points. I prefer to put them in Inner Sanctum, but some put a point in Psychic Horror.

Deleted
    Shadow yes, but Disc/holy for offspec. Makes it a lot faster to get into instances.

Honestly, just shadow it up to 81 and then go 3xMind Spike 1xMind Blast. Kills almost all targets!
    I'd say that at 81+ leveling Shadow is the best and fastest spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infernouk View Post
    should i be in shadow form at all times? just wondered after looking through my spell book / bars

edit: just re read and missed your comment, my bad

edit2: also is it worth respeccing from the given shadow spec? it dosent have archangel in it i just noticed
    You should be in shadow form at all times. You don't really need to generally use VT/DP/SW: Pain unless the target is an elite. For most purposes at 81+ Mind Spike x 2/3, Mind Blast talented/glyphed (can't remember now...too much beta stuff going on in my head) to have a decent chance to freeze the mob in its tracks, Mind Flay to 22% or so and Shadow Word: Death glyphed to do maximal damage under 25% will do the deed and with much less mana usage. Be sure and have the Spirit Tap glyph as well. Archangel is good to have for the damage when you need it and to get used to it being there and using it on cooldown since that's pretty much what you'll want to do for raiding.

Good luck.

shadow obviously the quicker option, but ive leveled 1-85 as shadow and disc. disc starts to get weaker towards the end ie 80-85