Deleted

Cancel my pre-order from GAME or Amazon? (UK)

Whilst I have been loyally buying my games from... GAME for about ten years now the whole Mass Effect 3 disaster has shaken my faith severely. Since the stores are hardly stocking anything any more (which is where I previously bought them) I've been thrown into the hilarity of online buying.

I pre-ordered from GAME originally some time ago, however after noticing Amazon.co.uk had copies I thought I would snag one from there as well, presuming if there was a problem with either retailer I could just cancel either of them no problem.

Now though it is almost time for release (well, seventeen days) and I am a bit stuck on which to do. Amazon is usually reliable however their package is atrocious - even Play.com use bubblewrap at least - whilst I am still paranoid with GAME because of Mass Erect 3's utter farce.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    Amazon does free returns. I'd keep both, just in case Game cocks it up because they're not exactly ultra-reliable right now. If you end up with two, just ask for an amazon return? Last time I returned an item I got a pre-paid printed packing slip and a courier number to call and they came and collected it so it was no inconvenience at all. Alternatively you may find, if they sell out everywhere, that you can sell your second one on at a profit since they're going OOS in most retailers now.

If you don't want to bother with returning one, personally I'd play it safe with Amazon. I've had no problems with their packaging myself and always had games delivered timely.

Amazon, with all the drama about Game & Gamestation lately i wouldn't trust my pre-order with them personally.

Never had a problem with Amazons packaging either, always well protected, never damaged and arrived early.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Amazon, with all the drama about Game & Gamestation lately i wouldn't trust my pre-order with them personally.

Never had a problem with Amazons packaging either, always well protected, never damaged and arrived early.
    My Dark Heresy books had cracks and bumps in everywhere and my Mass Effect 3 CE was banged up like somebody had used it in a football game.

GAME still stocks the Collector's Edition funnily enough but Amazon seems to have run out of stock. Reckon I'll go with the latter probably, cheers.

Deleted
    I would personally stick with Amazon.

Deleted
    amazon, definately ...
    they're reliable !

NEVER had any issues with amazon myself.

Preordered prototype 2 with amazon on Sunday night and got it on release day (Tuesday) so i'd recommend them.
    Said i'd never use game again for preordering after they didn't deliver mw3 on release day.
    Although prototype 2 isn't as big of a game as mw3 they should of anticipated the demand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stick with Amazon.

Considering GAME's current troubles and past in general I wouldn't trust them entirely. The only upside is reward points . I'm also of the opinion they should just crash and burn as company after the choke hold they've had on the UK's video game market and their respect towards companies with their second hand stuff which has hit them really hard after EA and Ubisoft's stand.

Deleted
    I was in same situation as you. It was made easy for me today. Just received emails from Game stating that pre-orders for 3 copies of Diablo 3 had been cancelled.
    Apparently its because of incorrect credit card details or game itself being unavailable. Well card details are perfectly correct (i made sure of that) and games are there as well. Only reason i can see is fact i did pre-orders in 2008 and price was around 23 pounds instead of 32. Thankfully i backed up myself with Amazon

Deleted
    I went with game myself and just received, literally 5min ago, dispatch email. Even though I only ordered it last night so it should be here on launch or dare I say early???

Quote Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
    I went with game myself and just received, literally 5min ago, dispatch email. Even though I only ordered it last night so it should be here on launch or dare I say early???
    I ordered mine with Tesco Entertainment and around midday today the cancel button on the pre-order dissappeared, i think it's safe to say that most retailers will be shipping them within the next day or two (Wether or not they arrive on Sat/Mon/Tue is probably down to your local royal mail sorting office)
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Well, Game's been bought now so the issue that caused the pre-order problems should have gone away. Seeing as this is the first important release since they found some stability, I expect they're going out of their way to redeem themselves with this one.