Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MorradinCC View Post
    Walrus Vikings do have a tendency to chase folks, maybe they thought the kid had fish?
    Must have been some good fish.

Also they travel in packs so the humans had no chance...

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking md >.<

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    and I'm going to say this also.
    Only in America.
    Its the only place I see this stupid crap happening.
    (Mods I am a born and raised American myself, so I'm not hating but its truth we are the only country i hear about things from, show me evidence of this stupid stuff happening elsewhere and I'll gladly take it back, but as it stands we are a country of greedy retards.)
    canadaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Packs of walrus vikings were once seen crossing 7 mile road, heading south on Kelly... they were never seen again. Reports say that later that day there was a much lauded barbeque on Morang Drive...

This is just what you can expect when you allow lawsuits for anything and everyone with basically unlimited amounts. But it is there to make sure you do the right thing at all times since failure to do so will cost you millions in a lost lawsuit. Same goes for the cops there is rules in place how to handle pursuits. you break those rules you should be expected to pay.

But we also know of cases where innocent victims of police pursuits

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...ustice/1223833

already won an 8.6 million verdict but the sheriffs office isnt paying up.

So we shouldnt get so worked up about that they sue for 10 million even if they win it they might never see a penny paid out as have been proven in other cases ( see above link) And that was to totally innocent people becoming the victims of the pursuit. Lots needs to be done about such things you sure as hell should be pissed if it was someone in your family getting this level of railroaded where the law enforcement doesnt even follow the orders of the court.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MorradinCC View Post
    Packs of walrus vikings were once seen crossing 7 mile road, heading south on Kelly... they were never seen again. Reports say that later that day there was a much lauded barbeque on Morang Drive...
    Mother of god...

Sometimes I wish someone would apply what happened in the movie 'The law abiding citizen' only with success.
    The current legal system is bull, and you all know it.

It's amazing that in this age of the internet people are still completely clueless when it comes to basic knowledge about the legal system.

You can sue anyone for anything. I could sue you for starting this thread. The vast majority of cases like this get thrown out before anything even happens. The only thing that happened is the guy wasted his own time going to a lawyer. The lawyer won't even get paid because the case was taken on a contingency fee. The lawyer probably wants some free press, which you're giving him.

The people who post the most complaining about the legal system, usually know the least about it.
    Last edited by Generationwhy; 2012-04-30 at 04:12 AM.

Sounds to me like the surviving passenger has a case against the driver's estate and insurance, not the police.

10+ Year Old Account
    So this whole thread is over the lawyer saying they're suing for $10M.

Not that anyone was awarded anything. Or that this has even made it to trial.

People should probably wait to get all outraged and stuff until after something actually happens.

Also, the semantics arguments are intellectually dishonest and demeaning. Everyone engaging in them needs to take a step back and ask themselves what the fuck they're doing because arguing over the definition of fire is at least eleventeen kinds of dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Sounds to me like the surviving passenger has a case against the driver's estate and insurance, not the police.
    We have reason to believe it was walrus vikings who chased them and not the police.

Here is a link to a portrait of the suspect:

http://www.deviantart.com/download/2...la-d3phpi6.jpg

Deleted
    Am I the only one who finds it funny that they labeled the incident Chevy Chase?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    If it was truly ridiculous, he would lose the case.

Funny how that works.

Edit:
    I only read the first few lines, but from my completely informed view, it sounds like they caused a crash chasing him that killed both of his friends and severely injured him. Yes, they should probably be sued for that. For the same reason, they can't shoot him repeatedly in the legs just because he's running, they'd get sued for that as well.

Catching someone who stole an inanimate object and killing two people in the process - TOTALLY WORTH IT.
    It is totally worth it.

what's up with the ridiculous sue pricing in america? millions and millions every time, seriously, why?

VICTIM : "That waitress got some coffee on my special made shoe that cost 500 dollars, I'll sue her for 1 million!"
    JUDGE : "Fair enough"

WHY?!

Deleted
    simple, lawyers are evil.

Quote Originally Posted by stopbeingdumb View Post
    Must resist urge, to go off on a tangent about race issues.

Seriously though, this is rediculous. I can't even comprehend how this is possible, i really wonder what the make up of the jury was. 100% african american?

Infracted: Please, refrain from making racist comments.
    Racist comment? Really? Because i asked if the jury was 100% african american? Jesus christ you mods are worse than WoW mods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Earenbane View Post
    simple, lawyers are evil.
    Nope, lawyers just make money off human stupidity. If people are stupid enough to agree with this (either by being on the jury or by electing the idiots that make the laws) then why shouldn't they be punished for it?

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 11:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    what's up with the ridiculous sue pricing in america? millions and millions every time, seriously, why?

VICTIM : "That waitress got some coffee on my special made shoe that cost 500 dollars, I'll sue her for 1 million!"
    JUDGE : "Fair enough"

WHY?!
    Generally speaking it is because they aim higher than what they want so that when it all gets figured out and the actual decision is made, which usually involves a substantially smaller amount of money, they get what they actually want. If they lost 1 million dollars and expect to only get 50% of what they ask why not ask for 2 million to cover the loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stopbeingdumb View Post
    Racist comment? Really? Because i asked if the jury was 100% african american? Jesus christ you mods are worse than WoW mods.
    Honestly I'm black and it usually takes alot to offend me in terms of racism, and I thought what you said came off as racist. When you said, "Must resist urge, to go off on a tangent about race issues." it made me think you were thinking, "Stupid black people always stealing stuff." Now I don't know you, so maybe that's not what your intent was, but when you are on a forum where people don't know you personally, you really should phrase your words carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Honestly I'm black and it usually takes alot to offend me in terms of racism, and I thought what you said came off as racist. When you said, "Must resist urge, to go off on a tangent about race issues." it made me think you were thinking, "Stupid black people always stealing stuff." Now I don't know you, so maybe that's not what your intent was, but when you are on a forum where people don't know you personally, you really should phrase your words carefully.
    His intent was, as I gathered it, since the lone survivor of the accident was black, the only was such a lawsuit could pass is if the entire jury was black (and thus more likely to be biased towards others of their same race). I could see how it might be seen as racist, but I don't consider it as such.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but if they win this case I don't want to be an american anymore.

The pit has been known/used for YEARS. Don't steal a car if you don't want the cops to be up your ass. Pretty plain and simple.

On another note how exactly did the car go up in flames like that? That fire was HUGE! For a car to go up in flames that quickly is something that they need to look at in this day and age of "safe" cars.