Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    Nope you misread it. Those were xpac milestones. MS1, MS2 etc. (This is internal dev jargon for progress milestones on the expansion, they probably have internal progression points they want to hit to meet whatever their intended launch is, from the whiteboard it doesn't look like it will be this year, beta maybe tho.) But they were unrelated to the content for the various patch. And although Mentoring was listed as 1.9, that doesn't necessarily mean it will come in 1.9 if its not ready, but I've heard its already being tested internally so I wouldn't be suprised to see it on the PTS in the next week or so. Besides don't you remember that Scott Hartsman already said it was coming soon in the SOG address? I think we have seen most everything he talked about except mentoring and the pvp changes, but I'd have to check the post.

Still its highly highly unlikely they would have 1.9 without mentoring cause they already let it slip that IA's for lowbies is coming om 1.9. Why would you waste all that time or manpower on something that a very small portion of the playerbase would use unless you had a mechanic (mentoring) that made it usable and useful to all players.
    Good point about the lower level IA. I expect 1.9 to have the mentoring system be available as well with the new IA and probebly a 10man raid.

What is this 'Mentoring' and 'IA' ?

Also, what are these Planetouched Wilds everyone's speaking about O_o
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

IA is Instant Adventure. It's an open world questing system that scales to the amount of people doing it up to a group of 20. You can jump in and out of them as time allows.
    It's currently only available for levels 45+.

Mentoring refers to being able to have your higher level character be automatically scaled down to a lower level. In EQ2, you could either select a lower level friend and set your level to theirs, or go to an NPC and get quests that set your level to match them.

Planetouched Wilds is a zone that hasn't been released. Some folks a long while ago managed to sneak their way in and get a look at it in it's very raw early form.

Quote Originally Posted by merrier View Post
    IA is Instant Adventure. It's an open world questing system that scales to the amount of people doing it up to a group of 20. You can jump in and out of them as time allows.
    It's currently only available for levels 45+.

Mentoring refers to being able to have your higher level character be automatically scaled down to a lower level. In EQ2, you could either select a lower level friend and set your level to theirs, or go to an NPC and get quests that set your level to match them.

Planetouched Wilds is a zone that hasn't been released. Some folks a long while ago managed to sneak their way in and get a look at it in it's very raw early form.
    To add to this info, Plane touched Wilds is located (both on live and on PTS, its actually physically there, its just barred off) just east of Droughtlands. You can climb up the eastern zone wall and actually see into the zone, its just not accessible to entry right now. Before Ember Isle was released you used to be able to swim out to Ember Isle and on the way out there was a vector where you could bypass the barrier they have around Planetouched. Sadly thats long sinced closed off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    What is this 'IA' ?
    Good opportunity for a short 1+ minute video. The video itself doesn't include Ember Isle which was added to the instant adventures feature in a more recent patch. On the radar for the game is to have the instant adventures available at lower levels so you technically have an additional type format to level up that breaks away from the quests/dungeon/PVP formula used in most other MMORPGs.

Thanks for the responses

I remember when i played the game (before Ember Isle was released...) i once managed to use the Elf racial to get the top of the cliffs in Eastern Droughtlands but i couldn't get any further because of an invisible wall :/ And i distinctly remember thinking that that area would be a perfect place for a new zone.

Another one would be that long stretch of coast to the west of Shimmersands, the second Defiant Zone, and Scarwood Reach.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

What if this new raid has something to do with the new 3 faction pvp? Assuming the 3 faction has a new zone or area to pvp, what if this raid was in the new pvp zone and the controller of the zone had access to the sliver/raid? Just like wintergrasp in wow was. They may have nothing to do with each other, just a thought :P
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    What if this new raid has something to do with the new 3 faction pvp? Assuming the 3 faction has a new zone or area to pvp, what if this raid was in the new pvp zone and the controller of the zone had access to the sliver/raid? Just like wintergrasp in wow was. They may have nothing to do with each other, just a thought :P
    So my new theory of 1.9 has expanded:
    Instant Adventures for most if not all level ranges (pretty DAMN ridiculous when you think about it)
    New 10 man
    Server vs Server vs Server/ or 3rd faction <---- If this is true then Trion is undoubtedly the best dev in the world. It would call bullshit on so much stuff other devs are doing it would not be funny