Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

PVP Armour - Seems like a lot of choice now?

Hey guys,

I got lv 50 a few weeks back and have mostly been PVPing.

Ive almost finished the purple Supercommando set on my powertech tank which is great - so I am starting to plan ahead as to which armour to get next.

should I buy the orange augmented armour from the GTN? I notice that some have 3 slots and some have 4, so I assume I want to get the ones with 4 slots.

As for the componants to go in them where do I get those from? Is it just a case of buying them from the AH?

I feel a bit cluessless about it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bodkins View Post
    Hey guys,

I got lv 50 a few weeks back and have mostly been PVPing.

Ive almost finished the purple Supercommando set on my powertech tank which is great - so I am starting to plan ahead as to which armour to get next.

should I buy the orange augmented armour from the GTN? I notice that some have 3 slots and some have 4, so I assume I want to get the ones with 4 slots.

As for the componants to go in them where do I get those from? Is it just a case of buying them from the AH?

I feel a bit cluessless about it :P
    You can strip your pvp gear of mods, enhancement, and armoring and place those into the orange gear. You can find augments on the AH of by crafting them.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    So its basically the 3 items from the battlemaster gear ripped out and put in the lv 70 valor rank gear + 1 other mod?

Excellent

So its basically the 3 items from the battlemaster gear ripped out and put in the lv 70 valor rank gear + 1 other mod?

Excellent
    yeah, but keep in mind its not just the pvp gear that you can do this with.

You can turn any orange gear into pvp gear.

depending on your class that means there's about 10-20 crit craftable sets
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-04-29 at 03:17 PM.

I tried this but the set bonus did not come over to the orange gear, from the battlemaster gear.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    I tried this but the set bonus did not come over to the orange gear, from the battlemaster gear.
    Aye....and they aren't meant to either. It's BW's fault for not clarifying this on the release of 1.2 but it's only gear added with the patch such as War Hero and Black Hole. On such pieces the set bonus is on the armoring and slot specific, so you can only take your War Hero head piece armoring and place it another head piece, you wouldn't be able to place it in a chest piece or gloves.

I wanted to put my BM gear into Jedi Battlelord's when the patch went live but have had to settle on just wearing the chest so I'm 4/5 till full War Hero now.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Battlemaster gear is pre1.2.

Its set bonus is tied to the shell rather then the armoring.

If you want to keep set bonus's it has to be 1.2 or later.

---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 03:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    It's BW's fault for not clarifying this on the release of 1.2
    They clarified it on 2, maybe 3, separate occasions.

It's your fault for not reading alree's notes / summaries.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSheephard View Post
    Battlemaster gear is pre1.2.

Its set bonus is tied to the shell rather then the armoring.

If you want to keep set bonus's it has to be 1.2 or later.

---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 03:33 PM ----------

They clarified it on 2, maybe 3, separate occasions.

It's your fault for not reading alree's notes / summaries.
    I know this.....it's amazing how you can read my post yet not comprehend any of it :S . I know BM gear wasn't added in 1.2 and I know it's not meant to give me my set bonus's when it's moved. You really need to brush up on your reading comprehension man. The clarification came a few days later after the patch went live....hell they even apologised for not being clearer in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I know this.....it's amazing how you can read my post yet not comprehend any of it :S . I know BM gear wasn't added in 1.2 and I know it's not meant to give me my set bonus's when it's moved. You really need to brush up on your reading comprehension man. The clarification came a few days later after the patch went live....hell they even apologised for not being clearer in the first place.
    They also clarified it before the patch went live.

Also, I understood your post perfectly. You just happen to be wrong.

What am I wrong about exactly?

"Players can now remove Armoring modifications from items with set bonuses and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot. "

That's verbatim from the 1.2 patch notes, clarification came after, not sure where I even read the clarification though, Dev tracker seems to track the last week, but if you can find the article and a post date I'm more than happy to say whatever man. Bad day at the office or something?...this all seems abit like a storm in tea cup to me.

/edit:

Modifications

Players can now remove Armoring modifications that have set bonuses from items and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot. This does not apply to all items with a set bonus, only those where the set bonus is attached to the Armoring modification.
    Some high-end item modifications are now restricted to particular item slots and may only be transferred into the same slot on a new item.
    A new modification set with Expertise for all item modification types has been added to the game.
    High-end weapons found on Operation bosses now come equipped with more common color crystals. The special color crystals associated with high-end Operations are now separate drops.
    High-end PvP weapons now come equipped with more common color crystals by default. Color crystals associated with specific PvP tiers can now be purchased separately from the PvP vendor.
    Players with the "Razer" Green-Black color crystal may upgrade to a high-end version of this crystal via a vendor on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas.

Pulled those from SWTOR webby, I was using the notes posted by Arlee and these ones certainly make the issue clearer. So here we go, whatever man.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2012-04-29 at 04:16 PM.

Deleted
    So if I swap all my mods from say the battlemaster super commando chest to the orange crafted augmented chest it will move the set bonus with it also?

So if I swap all my mods from say the battlemaster super commando chest to the orange crafted augmented chest it will move the set bonus with it also?

Battle master, no.

War hero, yes.

Deleted
    So I have almost full Battlemaster, what should my next goal be?

Sorry, I am being a bit dim here

war hero gear is the next tier.

The armoring mod in the war hero gear has the tier bonus on it.

You can take it and place it into orange pieces of the same slot (helm to helm) to create a pvp set to your liking.

By which I mean you find cool/pretty/sexy/w.e

You have lots of sets to choose from.

Next step is War Hero gear - which is bought with commendations and the BM gear. Once you get the War Hero gear, you can rip the armor mods out and put it in other orange gear and keep the set bonus. You just can't do that with the BM gear. BM gear's bonus is on the shell, instead of the armor mod.
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

Battle master, no.

War hero, yes.
    And just to clarify further on this, in case there is any confusion, You can't put BM in WH shells and get the set bonus, it's BM in BM only, and WH Armorings in Anything you damn well please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    And just to clarify further on this, in case there is any confusion, You can't put BM in WH shells and get the set bonus, it's BM in BM only, and WH Armorings in Anything you damn well please.
    You can put BM mods and enhancements in WH gear... but that would just be silly and defeat the purpose of War Hero!

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Presumably then you can put wh armoring in BM gear and get both set bonuses?
    Last edited by soulcrusher; 2012-05-01 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    Presumably then you can put wh armoring in BM gear and get both set bonuses?
    the WH armoring will over write the BM set.

They also clarified it before the patch went live.

Also, I understood your post perfectly. You just happen to be wrong.
    ohh e-penis wars. keep going back and forth fellas.