Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The last I heard of it was a week or two ago and he was indeed back in the US being held awaiting trial in a military prison. I also believe his lawyer will be attempting a psych defense, which makes sense since there is really no doubt as to his guilt.

This guy is suffering from some heavy mental issues, there have been cases where I actually have wanted to see people thrown into prison(haditha massacre for example) but this guy needs help, he has obviously lost the plot and need extensive psychotherapy treatments.

There is something seriously wrong if he ends up in prison, when he got such severe mental issues while those guys who massacred two full families in Haditha got away with... what was it, a pay cut?
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

This is what confuses me about all of this. Doesn't it show premeditation that a US special forces guy:

Locks and loads his gun, takes off the a FOB without permission from his CO, bypassing the guards at the base and heading out on foot from the FOB to a village, finds the home of an elder and moves from house to house killing everybody in each house methodically.

That shows logic and not mental issues. In RC West there is no way someone from ISAF can get on or off a base on foot any time of the day or night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    The last I heard of it was a week or two ago and he was indeed back in the US being held awaiting trial in a military prison. I also believe his lawyer will be attempting a psych defense, which makes sense since there is really no doubt as to his guilt.
    While I might agree with you that he is disturbed, I honestly don't know if I could live with him being in a mental institute if I was a victim's relative. Death Penalty unless there are some serious extenuating circumstances that come to light.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    While I might agree with you that he is disturbed, I honestly don't know if I could live with him being in a mental institute if I was a victim's relative. Death Penalty unless there are some serious extenuating circumstances that come to light.
    Does the US military still use the death penalty?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Does the US military still use the death penalty?
    Yes, but only for very specific things.

And I don't think murder is one of them.

Also- If he's found guilty by a military court and sentenced to a military prison, that's worse than a civilian prison. Leaps and bounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Deleted
    Yeah, military nicks are far worse. Harsh PT, daily kit musters, bullshit jobs, at least civvies get to chill most of the day if they are in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    This is what confuses me about all of this. Doesn't it show premeditation that a US special forces guy:

Locks and loads his gun, takes off the a FOB without permission from his CO, bypassing the guards at the base and heading out on foot from the FOB to a village, finds the home of an elder and moves from house to house killing everybody in each house methodically.

That shows logic and not mental issues. In RC West there is no way someone from ISAF can get on or off a base on foot any time of the day or night.

Well you don't have to be unlogical when you suffer from some bad ass PTSD, saw a documentary on PTSD last week called beer is cheaper then therapy made by a duch woman called Simone de Vries, good watch, there was one guy who talked about how he basicly was about to go out on the street in his hometown and start killing people because they looked happy, luckily for him he told his wife and she drove him to the mental hospital before it happend. You couldn't tell he was suffering from that heavy PTSD, since he looked and acted quite normal for an outsider at least.

It is weird that he managed to get off the base though.

Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-04-30 at 12:26 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    PTSD is something that people need to take more seriously. I suffered from it myself after my first deployment, hit the bottle pretty hard, worst time of my life.