Deleted

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 Ti - help

Ok so a little awhile a go i wanted to upgrade my computer and posted for a some help in the forums here and i got the information i needed to upgrade my GPU to a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 Ti, i also bought some ram so that im now sitting on 12 GB

I was amazed, i got it about 3 weeks ago and could play wow on ultra with 60+ fps nearly all the time (100 fps+ at certain times), honestly i don't know a lot about computers and found a video on how to install the GPU and it all seemed to work fine up until recently when i tried to do some streaming using Xsplit, when i started it after about 10s or so the screen flashed black and then came back and brang up a message saying that it has stopped the GPU from crashing or somthing a long those lines... but i carried on streaming and people said that the quality was fine ( was only doing some arenas with mates) and i only had wow and xsplit running at the time as well as the chat box from twitch. I assumed it was a one off thing till i tried to do it for my raid the next day and it did the same thing but this time my fps stayed quite low and later on after heroic hagara i had to restart my computer due to my keyboard etc not working preoperly and things seemed to be not working properly..

I thought it must just be the Xsplit till i was watching some videos on saturday and then went to youtube to watch somthing, i had been watching things on fullscreen all day just not from youtube but when i put youtube into fullscreen it played the first 5s then suddenly my screen and everything locked up and my screen showed the video but had like orange/red lines all of the screen (looked like the screen had broken or somthing) and i had to press the restart button on the front of my tower. I left it and carried on with work i had to do but today i got on the mmo homepage and clicked to watch the legendary staff song and it showed the intro which is like 5s long and then it happened again (it wasn't in fullscreen) i restarted it again, went to youtube and watched some 4od program to see if it would make it freeze and it didnt but i came back and tried to watch the video again and it did the same thing :s

Does anyone have any ideas whats causing this?

This comes up when i turn on my computer and logg in but i assume its nothing?

If you want to know some more of my computer specs just ask and ill give them to you, i also took a picture of my monitor when it freezes with the red ish lines all over it but its quite hard to see so i didnt bother to put it up but i will if it will help

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Catalyst is for ATI cards, and you should have uninstalled your old ATI drivers before using your new NVIDIA card. Uninstall Catalyst and possibly your NVIDIA drivers, and reinstall just the new GPU drivers from scratch.
    Professor Necomi - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Necomi/simple
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

As stated above you had an AMD card and didn't uninstall the drivers. Use a tool to uninstall it (google uninstall video drivers) and make sure you uninstalled everything then reboot your PC and use the disc for your 560 ti, then once you have basic drivers from disc download new drivers from the website as the disc's drivers are outdated by now.

Personally if you had downloaded any new Nvidia drivers I would delete them and reinstall them just to be safe.
    Last edited by lockedout; 2012-04-29 at 06:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    As stated above you had an AMD card and didn't uninstall the drivers. Use a tool to uninstall it (google uninstall video drivers) and make sure you uninstalled everything then reboot your PC and use the disc for your 560 ti, then once you have basic drivers from disc download new drivers from the website as the disc's drivers are outdated by now.
    Personally if you had downloaded any new Nvidia drivers I would delete them and reinstall them just to be safe.
    For the most part that's good but why just not go to the website stright away and save one step :P? You are also going to have uneccessery left over drivers from the outdated Cd if you do it in that order.

Deleted
    Thanks for the info, i did what was said above and it seemed to have worked like a charm, thanks for the help and guess i now know what to do when installing a new GPU

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    For the most part that's good but why just not go to the website stright away and save one step :P? You are also going to have uneccessery left over drivers from the outdated Cd if you do it in that order.
    Yeah but he seemed like a novice user so having no drivers installed might have made him think he did something wrong hence the disc using.