Jeweler Crafting Help

Hey Guys Ive been running around trying to figure this out for more than a day.

I picked up jeweler.
    refined my copper ore to signots...
    took those and made a setting, a hook, and a ring.
    then i went to the discovery paged tried every combination with the malachite gemstone i have.
    nothing.
    the trainer doesnt have patterns.
    nothing i see on the trade post or ive collected from mobs seems to belong or even show them self on the discovery pane..

What am I doing wrong? How do I craft useable jewels?/ find patterns?
    Only death my pay for life

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO, this and cooking are two of the hardest crafts for discovery, your best bet is to wait for a wiki page with recipes, or to switch to another craft.

DAMN, well have you or anyone have any luck at least making something you can use with the jeweler craft... i mean its hard to believe that the rest are very straightforward and there's hardly any bread crumbs on how to begin crafting with this profession
    Only death my pay for life

http://www.gw2db.com/recipes/jeweler
    Try here at least there are some patterns available.

Who is John Galt?

I have done lots of discovering with Jewelcrafting. Just like with the other crafts, you have to look at the "level" of the items used in discovery. I believe malachite has a "crafting level" of 25 to be used. Your crafting has an experience bar in the top right of the panel. When that gets to 25, you can use malachite to discover recipes. What you need to do is find the beginner level gems with no level requirement. I can't remember which ones they are exactly at the moment, but if you open up the trade panel, you might be able to find someone selling those gems. This craft will be one of the harder longer ones to level, much like cooking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwarder View Post
    DAMN, well have you or anyone have any luck at least making something you can use with the jeweler craft... i mean its hard to believe that the rest are very straightforward and there's hardly any bread crumbs on how to begin crafting with this profession
    I tried and gave up shortly afterwards, went to weaponsmith and never looked back.