Thread: Girl troubles

10+ Year Old Account
    The creepy house from the opening of classic Scooby Doo

Question Girl troubles

I am a teen, and i like this girl.She is way more popular and athletic then me, while i am a sort of geeky, smart, and attractive person who doesn't really have many friends. I mean, i read theory of relativity information in highschool for fun.Whenever i try to talk to her,or others girls, i become mute, with no idea what to say. I really like her, yet she just doesn't notice me.I also have no idea how to talk with her, and she just does not seem to notice me.Help?

Just throwin this out before anybody says the "Just ask her" usual honesty stuff: From what you've given us you sound like you're saying you guys don't really hang out that much, even in school.

If you don't have any good way to get the chick to talk to you herself then you have to make yourself seem more like a likeable guy if you want to interact - or maybe even hop between - within cliques, or else you may just come across as desperate. That sort of thing probably lasts a lot longer than a crush, though, so have fun with that and see if you still like her if you try to change your social image.

Not saying you meant to come off as a complete loner. Just throwin that possibility out there. Being social is perfectly fine if you use your own brain, unlike most people on the internet would say with things like, "Everybody but me is a complete fuckin idiot."

TBH,.. you might be trying to pursue a girl that it "out of your league", while not entirely impossible to get this girl it will prove to be a very difficult challenge at least, if not ending up w/ you getting humiliated by her!, but if you are willing to risk it for the potential reward, then go for it!

Just talk to her like you would any other person/friend. It's really not that complicated! If she doesn't like the things you like and are talking about then it probably wouldn't work out anyhow. Try hitting her up on a social site at first and see if she will even entertain the thought of having any kind of relationship w/ you, friendship or more. This will quite possibly let you see where you stand w/out putting you on out there, trying to hit on her in front of all her friends and other people!

I wish you luck, just tread softly. People can be cruel at your age!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't have anything in common with people my age. Reading theory of relativity and watching animal planet, history channel, discovery and ancient aliens for fun.Everyone in my grade really is an insult to my intellegence.My friend said i could replace sheldon on the big bang theory in ninth grade. I am just really too smart for all the ppl in my grade.

---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 03:54 PM ----------

I can't have social site accounts (Facebook, twitter, myspace) my parents

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing Highschool girls care about is looks any ways so you're good.

First: No one likes a bragger.
    Second: Your parents won't let you have facebook? ... *British accent*... Harry Potter?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    if ur rly into her.. just ask her out, if she accepts ur invitation, u got 2 options, lie or tell the truth, girls at that age are easily impressed.

Look, talking like that will not win you a date. Trust me, there are likely people in your grade way smarter than you are. If you are so smart, go do something with that intelligence and win an award, or create something useful, and impress the girls.

There are a couple things you can do here. If you are looking for a more short term answer...find some reason to hang out with her more and talk to her before making a move. For example, if you befriend one of her friends you may be able to get yourself "in the door". At that point she will begin to notice you and at that point you have at least set yourself up with a chance!

Secondly if you want to go the more long term plan, improve your own life and make yourself more attractive (and I don't mean just physically) and noticeable to girls. In High School I had a lot of problems with girls as well. I did manage to have a few girlfriends but it wasn't until senior year where I started to figure things out. Senior year I started trying to work on talking to girls because I was also very silent around them. I knew that I would never see the vast majority of these girls after graduation so I just started trying to talk to them and trying different things. If I struck out completely, I usually learned something. That summer I started working out a lot more and so by the time I got to college and certainly by the time I left after senior year I was extremely good and talking to women. I manged to keep my workout regimen going throughout college and even though I'm not one of those guys women drool over, I am at the point where my body is now something that adds to my "value" shall we say whereas in HS it definitely was a problem for me.

Another thing to think about down the road is your career. This is still a ways off for you of course as I am talking about age 25+, but being in a solid career won't help you get laid (there are exceptions of course) but you will have a lot more to offer than a lot of men and you will find that women that you think would be out of your league a few years ago are now right in your wheelhouse.

Finally there is the "just ask her" option which you can always try, but I can tell you from experience it usually doesn't work, but you never know!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not bragging im telling the truth. Most kids in my grade smoke weed and drink. The others aren't so good either

Just asking a person you never don't really talk to is kind of creepy, the only exception to this is when your out and are at a place where people socialize so places like pups and clubs.

At least the OP doesn't lack any confidence in himself

---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 09:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Melanchollie View Post
    Not bragging im telling the truth. Most kids in my grade smoke weed and drink. The others aren't so good either
    Nothing wrong with that and drinking and smoking weed doesn't really make you stupid (short term).....

Also being confident is a good thing but the impression your given is that you feel superior, it may come over as being arrogant and looking down on others which isn't really a attractive trait no mater which country you live in.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    The only thing Highschool girls care about is looks any ways so you're good.
    This is so far from true it's not even funny. I actually know more guys at my school that look like they could never get a girl for their life with girlfriends than guys who are actually very handsome/attractive and athletic etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all it's about time they open a relationship advice thread as these questions pop up every day. And many disagree with me but i'd just say go for it and ask her out to get a quick yes or no
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanchollie View Post
    I really don't have anything in common with people my age. Reading theory of relativity and watching animal planet, history channel, discovery and ancient aliens for fun.Everyone in my grade really is an insult to my intellegence.My friend said i could replace sheldon on the big bang theory in ninth grade. I am just really too smart for all the ppl in my grade.

---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 03:54 PM ----------

I can't have social site accounts (Facebook, twitter, myspace) my parents
    ...Are you for real?

If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a b***h ain't one.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    ...Are you for real?
    Hey now, Ancient Aliens is pretty interesting.. even if I think its Bullshit =D
    OT. Try to hang out and ask her. But hey if she says no don't worry High School isn't that big of a deal love wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prob is i forgot to mention...if high school was the Caste system, i'm a Dalit and she's a Brahmin

6/10. Could be better, but just slightly too blatant.