Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The ship GTN node just got a lot more... mmm

http://moseisleyradio.com/2012/04/19/dev1-2/

There will be no more pub/imp/neutral GTN... just one GTN per server.

"Soon".

Can't wait for this change.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSheephard View Post

"Soon".

Holy shi-.. definitely an awesome change, can't wait for this, guess it's time to start saving for the ship GTN.

This is a really good idea, I never liked two different faction GTN or Auction Houses, or the neutral one it just split it up to much especially when your server is smaller.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already have the technology in to convert the Republic looks into the mirror on the the Empire side and vice versa. This was definitely a great thing to add. I love the idea!

I have been playing both sides for a while now since you can mail stuff back and forth. Dont know if I like this or not. Sometimes I can buy something one one side then turn around and sell it for 3-4x what i paid on the other.

since its possible to mail inter-faction items, this is the next logic step, but my profits will be cut short from "smuggling" items arround

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I have been playing both sides for a while now since you can mail stuff back and forth. Dont know if I like this or not. Sometimes I can buy something one one side then turn around and sell it for 3-4x what i paid on the other.
    Thats one faction having an economical faction over the other. They want you to choose which side you want to play for based on preference- not based on what is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Thats one faction having an economical faction over the other. They want you to choose which side you want to play for based on preference- not based on what is the best.
    And having a one sided economy only threatens to widen the gaps between the Emp/Pub population on some servers.

Very very interesting. I'm pretty happy to see this. I think it will do a lot of good. While servers with inflated economies might see some price drops, the servers with a very poor economy will see growth. I think that will do a lot of good.

Deleted
    this will definitely help the lower populated side on some server. Since there are less items in demand, price are generally much higher.

Overall, a great idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSheephard View Post

"Soon".

Now I can actually use the 15 or so Sythweaving patterns I have for Imp gear. Finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    since its possible to mail inter-faction items, this is the next logic step, but my profits will be cut short from "smuggling" items arround
    Yeah, I've been making a killing doing that - Republic sell gifts at their default place here, on Empire they often sell for 2-5x that. Rank 5 Weapons go for upto 10k... I can buy them at 2.4k.

I bought one of those speeders for the other day for 50k, sold it back 5 minutes later for 200k. It's crazy how effective this is just now, and it works for almost any item, there's quite a big difference between the prices.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a universe like Star Wars, compared to other faction-based MMOs, it makes logical sense for the story anyways. Commerce is commerce. Just like countries trade with countries they would rather blow up, yet money trumps just about all else.

For a game mechanic, it is definitely better for everyone. Creative people will still find ways to profit, especially with a widened market.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is a much needed change. On my server, for instance, the Empire really outnumbers the Republic. I think the last numbers where something like 4:1. The Empire has a decent market, but there is almost nothing available on the Rep side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    This is a much needed change. On my server, for instance, the Empire really outnumbers the Republic. I think the last numbers where something like 4:1. The Empire has a decent market, but there is almost nothing available on the Rep side.
    It is the same with my server. I go and look at the Republic GTN and it has 0 stims, adrenals, augmented gear... etc. Its like they're all poor on that side. I'm hoping when they open this up, I can sell A LOT of my stuff again because people will be buying it who couldn't before.

This is definitely a good idea, I like it.

Any MMO should do this from now on, it doesn't really make sense for each side to have their own GTN / AH anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally! I can't wait for that. Even on Jedi Convenant there is frequently a dearth of available items in certain level brackets.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Finally! I can't wait for that. Even on Jedi Convenant there is frequently a dearth of available items in certain level brackets.
    Oooh Jedi Covenant...check your pms