Deleted

New Patch: Touch of Death, tell me it's bad datamining

http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=124490#.

I'll just leave it here...

I think it's still going to retain the current PVE ability (will instantly kill any non-player, non-boss mob that has current health equal or less than your max health).

Besides, Touch of Death has a long CD, so you wouldn't have to worry about it going off too often in PVP.

So you need to be at less than 10% health and the monk needs to have enough Chi to actually use that skill - don't see the problem here.

Deleted
    Well, if you're at like... 400k hp, being at 10% means you'll be at 40K health. So it more or less means that touch of death will act like any other big finisher. (Since everyone will be hitting like trucks anyway. 40k isn't such a big deal. It'll probably become troublesome at the end of the expansion, where tanks will be sitting à 800K hp+, meaning you can deal tremendous amount of damage and completely ignore resillience/pvp power/whatever)

The only problem (beside those stated above) I see here, is that you'll be able to kill rogues using cheat death, and completely ignore mechanics like will of the necropolis. So yeah, it's probably a little bit too good.

They should change and simply make it a hard damage dealing ability on low health player.

So you need to be at less than 10% health and the monk needs to have enough Chi to actually use that skill - don't see the problem here.
    You can actually remove the cost with a glyph, so it'll be quite good in arenas.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2012-05-01 at 11:06 PM.

I remember in beta for vanilla they promised us no instant kills.

Sure, if you are hitting a mage at 8%, this is fair. But what about cheat death, ardent defender, the new DK cheat death, and all the other damned mechanics? It would be ludicrous to get around those.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to try and test thing out later in duels. I would assume mechanics like cheat death would still work since they proc when you reach 0 health and this brings you to 0 health. I'm curious if it will hit through things like ice block and bubble though.

15+ Year Old Account
    IF it will go live like that I wouldn't be surprised it will deal exactly the ammount of damage needed to kill the target slightly over like 11% of their max health. That way with enough resilience you can counter it by not getting instantly killed. Of course there is that PvP power stat so meh, don't know.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

That's nothing more then any other execute mechanic:
    400k HP - 10% are 40k - Take Priests SW, it hits for over that.

Also, this effect is a major glyph.

-
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I remember in beta for vanilla they promised us no instant kills.

Sure, if you are hitting a mage at 8%, this is fair. But what about cheat death, ardent defender, the new DK cheat death, and all the other damned mechanics? It would be ludicrous to get around those.
    Exept for the example you picked the class with most shields and death avoiding skills.. but ye i think it will only damage the target for the remaining hp, and shields would save you

Still plenty of classes that will instantly kill at greater than 50% (mages for example), see no problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by TyloBedo View Post
    I'm going to try and test thing out later in duels. I would assume mechanics like cheat death would still work since they proc when you reach 0 health and this brings you to 0 health. I'm curious if it will hit through things like ice block and bubble though.
    Last time I checked that skill just physical damage equal to your max hp => I doubt it will go through immunities.

Touch of death does do damage now. It does an amount for damage equal to your health pool to the target if they are a viable target, it even causes heals if you are a mistweaver from both your innate heal and from your statue. I see no reason why this would also not just damage as well but equal to 10% of the player's HP total if they are under 10% health. This way it will still trigger cheat death and other similar abilities.