need help, spine hc as Assassination.

Hey.
    We are trying to kill spine hc and i am a assassination rogue.
    Any good tips for helping my increase my DPS ? anyone played as assassination rogue on HC spine ?

please any tips will be most welcome.
    1 tip that i don't want is go play sub, don't care for it, i want to do it with assassination apec.

question i have :
    1. pop vendetta on the tandoms ?
    2. use wp/wp on both weapons even as assassination ?
    3. use vanish before the tandom comes ?

thanks for your help
    erix99.

I'm sorry but you are hindering your Raid's progression if you are Assasination, it has the lowest burst of all the 3 specs. Any wise RL will probably tell you "Sub or GTFO"

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erix99 View Post
    Hey.
    We are trying to kill spine hc and i am a assassination rogue.
    Any good tips for helping my increase my DPS ? anyone played as assassination rogue on HC spine ?

1 tip that i don't want is go play sub, don't care for it, i want to do it with assassination apec.

question i have :
    1. pop vendetta on the tandoms ?
    2. use wp/wp on both weapons even as assassination ?
    3. use vanish before the tandom comes ?

thanks for your help
    erix99.
    You play as Subtly in terms of Spine however due to the nerfs It's not really that big. If you choose to play assassination; No you do not use double WP - Stick with Instant/ Deadly and yes Vendetta always on the tendrons

Yes you vanish.

Deleted
    tendon dps shouldnt really be an issue with the nerfs anymore especially with 20% coming next reset. we are still trying to kill spine but currently our main issue is mopping up all the bloods on the roll b4 to the final plate. as sub i do bugger all aoe and in a 10man 1/5 of ur dps doing rubbish aoe is noticeable. ill be stongly considering assassination next reset (also will save me running to respec for madness xD)

15+ Year Old Account
    Been long time since I played assassination, but the thing I did on various fights in t11 was keeping rupture on something for venomous wounds proc. For example, you can redirect CP from hideous on to corruption and use rupture followed by shiv to apply DP. Like that you should have some additional venomous wounds proc which will grant you more energy for your burst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by erix99 View Post
    You sir, wont go far into raiding if you gonna have that mindset.

He is alredy , sort of far? 6HCS for a complete casual badie is more than far , call me a hater, a dickhead etc, but this game has gone to shit , my 2c.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InFlames- View Post
    He is alredy , sort of far? 6HCS for a complete casual badie is more than far , call me a hater, a dickhead etc, but this game has gone to shit , my 2c.
    You’ve always been able to carry bads through the end game. Its nerfed 15%, 20% tomorrow. While I won’t say he’s “bad”, because he may just be really stubborn, Sub is the way to go and staying Assassination will only hinder the raids progress, especially a 10m where its harder to carry one low person.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

Yeah I totally agree with you ( Being able to carry bads through the end game) But I dont think this is the case for 10man raiding , you cant afford carrying people in 10man(well I guess this is outdated, you can do it now -.-) The nerfs are just too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InFlames- View Post
    Yeah I totally agree with you ( Being able to carry bads through the end game) But I dont think this is the case for 10man raiding , you cant afford carrying people in 10man(well I guess this is outdated, you can do it now -.-) The nerfs are just too much.
    To be honest, the nerfs don’t matter. The people who say it takes from their sense of accomplishment only suffer from low self esteem. You have your achievement date to prove when you completed the encounter. Let the casuals come in and get the kills, after all, they are paying for the same game.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

Deleted
    I went Assassination for Spine heroic, but we had some specific reasons for that. We lacked several things and our Tendon damage wasn't an issue at all. We lacked the +8% spelldamage debuff, we lacked AoE damage on the bloods, and we needed a bit more Amalgamation damage. We were able to solve those issues by me going Assassination.

Just out of curiosity, why are you going Assassination?
    I can tell you exactly what I did and how we beat the fight, but it's most likely going to be completely different for you and your group. What is your goal by going Assassination on this? Are you stuck somewhere? What is the rest of your group like? Have you attempted this fight a few times already, and how far did you come?

Deleted
    And once again, Bovan comes with healthy out-of-the box thinking.

If you are Assassination, don't use your cooldowns on Tendons. If you want to do Tendons damage, go Subtlety. Really, using only ~18 seconds from every Vendetta is just stupid. Use that cooldown on Amalgs instead and focus on your single-target damage on them. The sooner the die, the easier encounter gets. You need to use IP/DP for Envenom but you can experiment a bit with your 3rd poison. Wound Poison is probably the best for very short burst on Bloods and can be also used for slowing them via Deadly Brew talent if your tactics requires that.