Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale character wish list

First off, if you have no idea what this upcoming game is then watch these videos:

And here is a wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlaySta..._Battle_Royale

Now to get the obvious elephant in the room out there:

Yes it looks like Super Smash Brothers.

Yes it plays some what similar to Super Smash Brothers.

It has been announced that there will be some 3rd party characters.

This is not a thread to argue about either Nintendo or SCE or about this game and Smash, if you want to discus that then please make a different thread, this is one meant for rabid fans to discus their insane wet dream cross over idea characters that they would like to see in this game, just like with the multiple Smash Bros ones that have existed since the dawn of creation.

First off here are the characters that to my knowledge have already been revealed:

-Sly (Sly Cooper)

-Kratos (God of War)

-Parappa (PaRappa the Rapper)

-Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)

-Fat Princess (Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake)

-Mael Radec (KillZone 2)

Here are my predictions/wish list of characters I would like to see in the game or at very least have some sort of cameo:
    (please note that these are my ideas on characters from series that to my memory are owned by Sony Computer Entertainment or heavily related to them)

<The Obvious Ones>

-Jak (Jak & Daxter) (there is already a stage revealed that is a mix of the first Jak game and the Hot Shots Golf series)

-Ratchet (Ratchet & Clank) (there is already a stage revealed that is a mix of the Ratchet series and God of War 1)

-Sgt. Hale (Resistance)

-Cole MacGrath (InFamous)

-Nathan Drake (Uncharted)

-Sackboy (LittleBig Planet) (there is already a stage revealed that is a mix of the LBP series and the Buzz! series)

-Toro (Doko Demo Issyo) (considered the official Sony mascot character; appeared in PS3 version of Street Fighter X Tekken)

<Characters I Would like to See>

-Blasto (Blasto) (considered the original PS1 mascot before Crash Bandicoot came out)

-Crash (Crash Bandicoot) (possibly a bit difficult to get rights for but I am sure this is the top character most people think of when they think of PlayStation mascots)

-Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) (same as with Crash this may be somewhat iffy to obtain the rights for but most people still consider him a PlayStation character)

-Spike (Ape Escape)

-Tomba (Tomba!)

-Alundra (Alundra)

-Dart (The Legend of Dragoon)

-Rudy (Wild Arms)

-Arc (Arc the Lad)

-Ellen (Folklore)

-Vibri (Vib-Ribbon)

-Nariko (Heavenly Sword)

-Ari (Okage: Shadow King)

-Devil (Jersey Devil)

-The Patapon Hero (Patapon 2) (there is already a stage that is a mix of the Patapon series and God of War)

-Jeanne (Jeanne d'Arc)

-Sir Dan (MediEvil)

-Lazarus (Ghosthunter) (I forget if this is a SCE or Namco owned character)

-Leonard (White Knight Chronicles)

-Gabriel (Syphon Filter)

-Vahn (Legend of Legaia)

-Golan Kor (Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom)

-Wander (Shadow of the Colossus)

-Ico (Ico)

-Jaster (Rogue Galaxy)

-Toan (Dark Cloud)

-Mina Onda (Siren)

-Rau Utu (The Mark of Kri)

-Robbit (Jumping Flash)

-Toby (Kung Fu Rider)

-Rohn (Lair)

-Jen Tate (Primal)

-Jake (Dog's Life)

-Dennis Riley (Extermination)

-Lieutenant Riley (C:12: Final Resistance)

<3rd Party Characters I Would like to see>

-Cloud (Final Fantasy 7) (I am not a huge Cloud fan but come on, this is the most famous PlayStation RPG character of all time. if for some strange cosmic event he was not picked for a FF 3rd party character then the only other I could think of that would be as close as popular/well known would be Tidus from 10)

-Raiden (Metal Gear Solid 2) (why not Snake? well first off he was already in two cross over fighters already and also the fact that generally speaking most peoples first introduction to Snake was on the NES where as Raiden was introduced on a PlayStation system. If not Solid Snake and people hate Raiden so much that they wouldn't want him anywhere near the game then I rather it be Naked Snake/Big Boss)

-Ryu (Street Fighter) (the most overused cross over fighting character ever but I still think it would be fitting to have him appear as a 3rd party character since Toro and Cole both appeared in Street Fighter X Tekken)

-Bayonetta (Bayonetta) (has absolutely nothing at all to do with Sony besides having a version of the game released on PS3, only reason I list her is because I just think she would make an awesome character and I cant imagine any other cross over game she could pop up in unless Sega made their own cross over fighter)

<Characters I don't want to see in the game>

-Sora (Kingdom Hearts) (nothing against the KH series, I just wouldn't want to see a Disney cross over in a video game cross over game)

-Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog) (unless he was completely different then how he played in Brawl or if he was based off of Classic Sonic then I think I would personally get sick of him)

-any characters form purely download only PSN titles (just because I don't like download only games)

Sure most of my characters may be considered to obscure or old, but if Parappa and Fat Princess can get into this game then that really opens the doors to more forgotten characters.

So what is everyone's hopeful cross over fighter dream roster for this title?

On a completely unrelated note: did anyone besides me when they first saw the game play think that Sweet Tooth was the Heavy from Team Fortress 2?
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2012-04-30 at 07:16 AM.

I'd love Toro to be this game's Kirby, cosplaying the rest of the cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have to say, that if Cloud or Sephiroth (would be a cool boss) aren't in the game, one cool FF character to add would be Auron from FF10, he would be awesome.

Parappa The Rapper?

They better add UmJammer Lammy. And she BETTER still be voiced by Sara Ramirez.

I know Assassin's Creed isn't Playstation only but I wish Ezio was in there just like in Soul Calibur.
    pokemon x/y 3ds 3969-5096-1949 Abra, Espurr and Xatu

10+ Year Old Account
    I just thought of another character to add, Gex the Gecko

unless they bring in a few more big ones, no. i mean parappa and sweet tooth? yeah. no.
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ares1023 View Post
    Have to say, that if Cloud or Sephiroth (would be a cool boss) aren't in the game, one cool FF character to add would be Auron from FF10, he would be awesome.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Cloud or Seph or some big name PlayStation release Final Fantasy character ended up being in the game as a final opponent since in one of the vids its mentioned that they wanted to add a famous final boss opponent to the game and although they are Square characters most people still know them from their initial PS1 releases.

I just thought of another character to add, Gex the Gecko
    I am not sure who currently owns the rights to Gex since I could of swore he was a secret character in one of the Hot Shots Golf games along with Jak and Sweet Tooth ,but it would be awesome to see him get a return as a 3rd party character.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2012-05-01 at 04:25 AM.

Sorry but i would love Sora or some villain of the KH series(a Square invented one obviously) to be in the game. Kingdomhearts and Kingdomhearts II were very much loved by playstation users, now something that might be good for square would be to allow Sony to make Noctis as a playable character, it would be a way to get to know the character before Versus XIII comes out.
    Last edited by Anthoren; 2012-05-01 at 04:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sephiroth or Raiden from Metal Gear Solid

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'd be surprised if they didn't add Cloud or Sephiroth after the explosion they caused for the jrpg genre through the Playstation. Honestly though, the biggest on my wish list is Raziel and or Kain from the Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver series.......oh how my inner fanboy would be so pleased.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    Gex (Gex) (even though hes not exclusively for Playstation)
    Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
    Spyro (Spyro The Dragon)
    Jak and Daxter (which im pretty sure will be in since there is a stage from the first Jak, Samos' Hut. Also would like to have an alternate costume option to look like the Jak 2 form)
    Ratchet and Clank (Another one that i think will already be in the game)
    Blasto (Blasto)
    Tomba (Tomba!)
    Raziel (Soul Reaver)
    Kain (Blood Omen Legacy of Kain)
    Sora ( Kingdom Hearts)
    Riku (Kingdom Hearts)
    Raiden ( Metal Gear Solid 2, 4 and the upcoming Metal Gear Solid Rising. Would like to see him in his MGS 4 form but would be cool to have an alternate costume option to look like the MGS2 Raiden)
    Cryptosporidium AKA Crypto (Destroy All Humans!)
    Ty (Ty the Tasmanian Tiger) (Also not a PS exclusive but would like to see him in the game)

Don't want Snake. Main reason why is because he's already been in SSBB, same with Sonic.

that's all i can think of so far. i don't really want any Final Fantasy characters since i feel that the Dissidia games already did it but if i could add some i would pick:

Cloud (FF 7)
    Vincent Valentine (FF 7 & Dirge of Cerberus)
    Tifa (FF 7)
    Barret (FF 7)
    Squall (FF 8)
    Zell (FF 8)
    Zidane (FF 9)
    Titus (FF 10)
    Auron (FF 10)
    Kimahri Ronso (FF 10)
    Lightning (FF 13)
    Snow (FF 13)
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-05-01 at 11:01 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Spike (Ape Escape)
    Ratchet (Ratchet and Clank)
    Clank (Ratchet and Clank)
    Captain Quark (Ratchet and Clank)
    Dr. Nefarious (Ratchet and Clank)
    Jak (Jak and Daxter)
    Sly (Sly Cooper)
    Murray (Sly Cooper)
    Amaterasu (Okami)
    Issun (Okami)
    Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
    Riku (Kingdom Hearts)
    Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts)
    Roxas (Kingdom Hearts)
    Spyro (Spyro the Dragon)
    Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
    Ty (Ty the Tasmanian Tiger)

Lloyd (Legend of Dragoon)

Vahn (Legend of Legaia)

Cid (FF7)

Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears) - possibly be able to transform into Id

Crash (Crash Bandicoot)

Raiden (MGS 2)

PaRappa the Rapper

Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal series)

Kratos (God of War series)

Ezio Auditore (Assassin's Creed series)

Spyro (Spyro the Dragon)

Abe (Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee)
    A troll is a troll and a roll is a roll, and if we feed them trolls then we don't eat no rolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sora
    Riku
    Crash Bandicoot
    Spyro

Or GTFO

Great idea on Sony's part by the way. Sure, some people will say Smash Bros. Ripoff, but if the game is as fun, who cares? People love flagship and franchise characters beating each other up. Hence, Marvel vs. Capcom, Mortal Kombat, Soul Caliber, etc.
    Last edited by Nadev; 2012-05-01 at 11:36 PM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Deleted
    even when not compared to smash bros.. looks awful. fat princess.. really? looks piss poor and the studio was created specifically for this. money well spent

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    even when not compared to smash bros.. looks awful. fat princess.. really? looks piss poor and the studio was created specifically for this. money well spent
    Although you may think it looks piss poor, most of the gaming press that got to try it out really enjoyed it, so I would not judge too harshly, but then again, many nintendo fanboys will freakout since it has a lot of Smash bro's qualities to it.

Personally i wanted a sony version of smash since the original so i can only be so happy.

Now i will get my sony and nintendo smash any day of the week and that is priceless.

My wishlist:

1. An option to switch from a health-based system to a damage threshold system (Smash Bros.)
    2. For it to not suck.

Shamelessly ripping things off isn't always bad, but when it comes to fighting games...it's almost ALWAYS bad.

Street Fighter II -> The Art of Fighting
    Mortal Kombat - > BloodStorm
    Tekken -> Kensei: Sacred Fist

But you know what? Anything is better than another Street Fighter X Tekken right now.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    My wishlist:

1. An option to switch from a health-based system to a damage threshold system (Smash Bros.)
    2. For it to not suck.

Shamelessly ripping things off isn't always bad, but when it comes to fighting games...it's almost ALWAYS bad.

Street Fighter II -> The Art of Fighting
    Mortal Kombat - > BloodStorm
    Tekken -> Kensei: Sacred Fist

But you know what? Anything is better than another Street Fighter X Tekken right now.
    From what I have been hearing so far the way the combat works seems to be that when you damage someone you build up a special meter and then the only actual way to KO someone is to hit them with a special attack, or at least that seems to be one of the modes in it since I am pretty sure I heard someone say that there would be multiple modes to it.

The problem with this game is that there really aren't any Playstation All-Stars. I can't think of a single iconic PS character anywhere near the league of Mario, Link, Kirby, etc. It might be a fun game, but it's just not going to have the great nostalgia element that a Smash Brothers game has.