Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Only took us a few days of progression when it was still current content. It was not as hard as pre-nerf Rag
    Eternos - Warlock - Emerald Dream US

As a lot of people have said, ascendant council is far from the hardest fight of the expansion - even when it was current content, after the melee-lighting got nerfed that is. If you ignore the mechanics, of course it'll hurt. Not as much as back then, but it'll still hurt and you might wipe.

Also, keep in mind that they never nerfed t11 heroics, so all the bosses there still have the same health and damage they had a year ago.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Quote Originally Posted by Evect View Post
    People just playing bad make the fight hard, if your raid is competent, it's easy.
    Hilarious comment.
    Anyways it certainly was one of the hardest on 25s simply because a single person could wipe the entire raid anytime with both the lightning or the orb. Wouldn't say though it was the hardest overall.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-05-01 at 01:31 AM.

The fight seems hard because player error can very noticeably wipe the raid. It was and probably still is one of the best fight to bring recruits to. Heroic Ragnaros pre nerf was the hardest fight of the expansion.

Deleted
    I never tried 25 man, so what I say here is from a 10 man perspective:

Ascendant Council is a very easy fight, but also very raid-awareness-dependant. So unless 10/10 know what you're doing, it will be rough. In terms of the dps requirement at the end, it was really tough; but is now an absolute push-over. It's a tactic encounter.
    Sinestra is in my opinion ALOT harder. It took us more attempts to kill Sinestra in full T12/T13 gear than it did for us to kill Madness HC in T13 gear. If you understand what I just wrote, you'll notice that Madness was incredibly easy compared to Sinestra.
    Ragnaros HC would still be the hardest fight of the expansion, but in essence he's just a gear/setup check, like Spine HC.
    Ragnaros HC with some filthy on demand cooldowns for P3 burst and amazing aoe for the seeds in P2, combined with a warrior for P4 taunting leaping... it's easy really.
    Spine HC with one or more arcane mages with or without Dragonwrath .... Need I say more? + a prot warrior.

I'm curious though, how on earth did you even manage Ascendant Council without knowing the fight? EXTREMELY lucky with who got chosen for kiting in P2? From what you wrote it's quite clear that you had no idea what to do about Gravity Crush. You're not really supposed to have the debuff, FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrazs View Post
    Was clearing old heroics in tens with my guild, we're in BiS normal DS gear, with little/no heroic gear. Phase 2 had us for 2-3 days of attempts on this boss, due to the two-three people in the raid who apparently have no awareness. Hardest heroic we've done in first tier or firelands, harder even than the dragonsoul heroics we've done now. Heroic cho'gall went down in two pulls.
    How can you possibly have trouble in p2? you get fixated you run to the fire......

Quote Originally Posted by Auguine View Post
    It may just have been because I had never done it or even tried it on heroic before (I did not start playing again til october really) but we recently went in and did all of heroic BoT for a dragonslayer sell, and I can honestly say that the council was by far the hardest raid boss I have seen this expansion. Even heroic spine was nowhere near this pre-nerf! If we did not over-gear it like crazy, I do not think we would have even killed it to be honest.

Am I just blowing it out of proportion because I had never even seen a video of the fight before and was not sure what to expect? I got the gravity crush thing both times, so healing was just crazy (I was on my holy paladin main) We did one shot it, but every single person in the raid but the one we were selling it to was 403ilvl+, which as you know is quite a bit higher then the loot it even drops.

Pre-nerf rag was quite difficult as well I hear (I was not there for the guilds kill, as I was not raiding yet at that point) so that may beat it out :P
    You should check out Sinestra and then possibly revise your statement lol

heroic AC is extremely easy now, everything can be outgeared, and most mechanics can be ignored with competent healers. Phase 1, we just ignore GC and static by spreading out, no need to run to the core to dispel static. Still need to clear your waterlogged, but that's about it. Phase 2 we just zerg one down. As for orbs, I dont understand what the big deal is. You can simply run through the fire patch to kite the orb in, as it doesn't do much damage. As long as people get the right buffs(grounded/levitate) and you don't screw up lightning rod, the phase is easy. Phase 3 is a joke.

I think Tier 11 was a great way for Blizzard to say "QQ more noobs". I think that after an entire expansion of fake elitists crying "This is too easy!", they did the right thing by opening an expansion with Heroics that ate crappy pugs for breakfast, took longer to do than any TBC heroic (even H MgT), and then 8 or 9 Tier bosses that, on Heroic, acted like a brick wall for all the mediocre players who had an inflated ego from ICC.

Anyone who says Blizzard can't tune difficult content is crazy. On topic, I can say that 15 pulls when it was current showed my Guild and I that we just weren't skilled or organized enough to do HM's that tier. Haven't been back since.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    when our guild went through BoT a few weeks ago we just set it to normal for AC, didn't even want to bother with heroic.
    pretty funny on normal, we just tanked the ooze in the center and didn't move it all and all the melee just sat in the puddle. did hardly any damage.
    This is how my 25m guild did it when it was current. Made the healers cry but it was just easier since we were ranged heavy.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

The only difficult part was that you couldn't use any melee pre-nerf. Rag was a much more difficult encounter overall.

Deleted
    hardest fight was ragnoras 25 hc pre-nerf.
    period^^

Deleted
    Coordination wise one of the hardest on 25man this expansion I'd say. The dps check was definitely tough as well but not as hard as Cho'gall (which was never nerfed on 25man).
    The 10man version was fairly easy, even when 2 tanking it (and 3 healing it?) we still managed to overcome the soft enrage after a couple of hours of work when it was current (the Cho'gall dps check post nerf in 10man was much easier though). And the coordination check was much easier to overcome on 10man (though it gets annoying after the first 5 P2 wipes).
    T11 was a geniously designed tier. BoT alone was exellent with 4 out of 5 very difficult encounters. None of the 13 tier11 encounters were heroic Ragnaros difficulty but most of the encounters had a difficulty equal to heroic gunship (0% buff) or harder.

It wasn't even the hardest boss of it's tier. Spine was harder, madness was harder and rag was most definitely harder.

Pretty sure Raggy was the hardest fight this exp

hard but huge personal mistakes.

having wrong debuff = derp u fucked the raid over.
    getting hit by a frost bomb....same shit

once people stopped FAILING LIKE SCRUBS at this, we downed it in 2 nights.

this fight is harder than all of dragon soul for just about any world 100+ guild because there is always weaker players who can fail and wipe you on AC HC, where as dragon soul its mostly stack and dps even spine and madness is the same shit, the dps requirements maybe high for spine/madness but that doesnt make a hard fight that just means you need to stack classes/gear up. while AC HC was all about awareness, and a small dps race, if u had super focused players you could blitz that fight after its nerf(broken imo bringing 7-8 melee should not = 100% wipe....) but i expect a lot of guilds suffered from the sleeping man(or men) who couldnt watch debuffs or frost bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Coordination wise one of the hardest on 25man this expansion I'd say. The dps check was definitely tough as well but not as hard as Cho'gall (which was never nerfed on 25man).

He was nerfed on 25man He and his adds had a hp nerf somewhere around march-april (last year of course!) was only around 10mil on the boss and about 1mil on the Adherants though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    T11 was a geniously designed tier.
    As a melee player, I disagree...

Deleted
    Ragnaros 25 heroic hardest fight of this expansion period. Even after the 5% hp nerf.
    Heck, I'd even vote ragnaros 25 hc as the hardest fight ever made.
    And for those gonna say LK took long to die: There were limited attempts each week, and quite some attempts get wasted for your infest healers being grabbed by valkyrs lol.

T11 was best tier so far this expansion though, had the most quanity of quality bosses. Just a shame melee were less wanted in that tier, *cough* AC council *cough*.
    Oh and pre nerf Atramedes, OH GOD WHY.

Quote Originally Posted by ThargixEchoes View Post
    Oh and pre nerf Atramedes, OH GOD WHY.
    Ah that wasn't a problem at all just use the gong......