Hc Madness 10m - help with setup

So, getting Spine killed, our guild is trying to get ready to face Madness. Right now, we're trying to find best tactic to follow. Our setup is:

- 1 prot/arms war
    - 1 prot/ret pala
    - 1 mega druid (resto/feral/boomkin)
    - 1 holy pala
    - 2 warlocks (demo/affli + destro/affli)
    - 2 mages (fire/arcane + arcane/fire)
    - 1 combat/sub rogue
    - 1 resto shammy

One Warlock got highly geared Blood DK, other a Disc/Shadow priest, but we would really like to not resort to alts on final fight.

From what I read myself, 1 tank + 3 healers with vanish-trick seems best option. However, our raid leader prefers to try 2 tanking (bearcat) 2 healing it. Which way would be easier/preferred? I'm bit worried that 2 healing strat might be extremely taxing on healers, and on p4 bolt landing we're having "only" SL totem with AM (and 4p bear set), and shaman-holypala team might have problems healing up spread people on that (?).

Any help from experienced people would be appreciated.

Single tank it (have your best offspec tank to change to DPS)

Have your mages/paladins to alternate ice-block/divineshield tank the 1st impale (it should happen as the first parasite debuff runs its course) - mages just need to stand away from melee range from corruption but closer to it than anyone else.

Your tank and 2 melees can stay on arm/wing as long as they don't drive it below 75% (while Alextrasza is still active they should just keep DPSing)

As soon as the impale debuff is out, your tank taunts corruption all your ranged should be killing the parasite while your melee move to the corruption, then later to the elementium bolt.

When the bloods spawn your rogue should tricks them into the tank, then it's up to your healers if they should be just tanked while corruption dies or AoE down them immediately (it's not really a DPS loss if tanked properly as AoE will proc spellwave on corrupted tentacle)

Make sure you make a good rotation of cooldowns for the impale and the AoE dmg you will be experiencing.

On the last platform make 16% - Fragments - Terrors - 15% - Bloods - 10% Bloods - Fragments - Terrors - 9 to 5% - Bloods - Ignore Fragments - Tank Terrors Away - 1% - Loot

Make sure DPS focuses on a single Terror then someone else taunts the other Terror just before it reapplies the 5th or 6th stack on your MT. If done properly it can be taunted back in just a second. Your MT should be rotating cooldowns and dream just after 4 stacks, they hit HARD, don't understimate them.

Everyone in the raid should use Dream on a periodic basis - unless there are Fragments alive (or just a few second before they spawn) Shrapnels are a real threat even with the 15% nerf.

We've found that using lust on the pull (we bring the 1st arm to 50% before moving to corruption/parasite) and then again at the very end at 14% worked well for us. More than anything using lust early made our attempts shorter while everyone got familiar to the fight.
    Last edited by RandomGamer; 2012-04-30 at 10:19 AM.

Deleted
    The setup at this stage of of Dragon Soul seems more than suitable.

Here in KonKi we two heal, with the same healer setup as yourself. It doesn't prove to be a problem.

Regarding Platform 4. SL & AM will suffice. Have everyone stacked close to the claw that doesn't have any mitigation abilities such as Paladin Bubble/AMS and whatnot. The raid will get topped in no time. As long as the DPS are quick to switch to various targets you shouldn't have any problem at all.

This said, a Blood DK is extremely strong on this fight. An Arms Warrior will also provide outstanding DPS. So if you could, I would recommend switching. However, your current setup is more than capable. Oh, have the Druid play Boomkin if you aren't already.
    Last edited by mmoc9f4d225a42; 2012-04-30 at 10:20 AM.

Deleted
    With the 20% nerf comming this week you could just 2t 3h it for easy mode, then you don't have to go through the hassle of learning how to pick up the adds or jumping through loopholes to avoid the 2nd impale. We've been doing it since the 5% nerf with a feral druid and an offensive disc priest, but should really be doable for anyone at this point. The only "hard" part about this fight with this tactic is having enough aoe for the bloods in P2 really.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-04-30 at 10:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    We single tank it (prot paladin) and 3 heal it (paladin,shaman,druid) and rest is mix of 2 melee and 3 ranged dps.
    We also use hero for first Corruption and on last platform.

I'm usually the one who's taking care of 2nd Impale: melee+tank run out @ 6seconds remaining on Impale timer and I also position myself so I'm just slightly outside of melee range.
    As soon as Corruptions starts to Impale Aspect I run in pop detterence and FD when there's one second left on Impale.
    Our tank taunts of me and after that I MD bloods on him. (that's at least how we're doing it and it's working as intended).

Previous posters have covered most of the fight , so there's no need to repeat their words.

When it comes to your set up: pick best players for sure while ensuring you're having all (most) buffs covered.
    The more "raid walls" you've got the merrier .

Fight itself isn't rather complicated , but still requires high focus and proper execution .

Good luck with it.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGamer View Post
    Single tank it (have your best offspec tank to change to DPS)

Have your mages/paladins to alternate ice-block/divineshield tank the 1st impale (it should happen as the first parasite debuff runs its course) - mages just need to stand away from melee range from corruption but closer to it than anyone else.
    You cannot Ice Block / Bubble Impale on Heroic. For your first kill, I would 3 heal with your Druid, Paladin, Shaman, single tank with your Prot Paladin, and use 1 Arcane Mage for Invis on each 2nd Impale except for the Blue platform where you use your Rogue's Evasion/Cloak/Vanish.

We 2 tank / 3 heal it, but have your rogue go assassination for slows in phase 2. To be honest, unless you have issues beating the enrage, there is absolutely no point to 1 tank it, we tried 2 tanks to stabilize our strat and managed to kill it without any issue.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by thehordemage View Post
    You cannot Ice Block / Bubble Impale on Heroic. For your first kill, I would 3 heal with your Druid, Paladin, Shaman, single tank with your Prot Paladin, and use 1 Arcane Mage for Invis on each 2nd Impale except for the Blue platform where you use your Rogue's Evasion/Cloak/Vanish.
    Our holy paladin handles impales when our shadowpriest has dispersion on CD for some reason. And while learning the fight sometimes our mage derped and took it instead. Hand of Prot or Cauterize didn't work, but DivShield and IceBlock did.

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 01:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    We 2 tank / 3 heal it, but have your rogue go assassination for slows in phase 2. To be honest, unless you have issues beating the enrage, there is absolutely no point to 1 tank it, we tried 2 tanks to stabilize our strat and managed to kill it without any issue.
    With 2 warlocks alternating glyphed shadowflame I don't see a need for the rogue to go assassination. Ours did on our 1st kill, sub/combat after that (we alternate 2 rogues on our roster). Also make sure your shaman drop the snare totem just as they bloods start spawning.

Deleted
    You should use the vanish/dispersion/deterrence trick for impale if you can do it without a lot of trouble. If you have issues with it, have your druid play feral dps WITH the tank talents. Barkskin + pala sac + FR/SI (+ maybe something like firelands absorb trinket or pain sub if bad gear) will be enough to survive impale.

10+ Year Old Account
    with the 20% nerf & with decent dps you wont even get a 2nd impale anymore.

Deleted
    sorry to hijack your thread, but since there's plenty I figured there's no need for another one

we are working on madness as well, setup is

blood dk
    ele sham
    ret pally (ms prot but he's dpsing)
    fire mage
    2 hunters
    combat rogue (might go assa)
    disc priest(os, his ms is shadow)
    resto sham
    resto druid

we are doing ok, mostly just doing stupid mistakes on 4th platform. the corruption is quite low when bolt/2nd impale hit, given the 20% nerf im wondering if we should try and 1tank 2heal this one and kill the corruptions before 2nd impale

what i do not know is how badly 2healers can be stressed on platform 4 bolt, cataclysm burn and phase2, and if we do try 1tank 2 healers, what would be the best cd rotation for platform4 and p2, or if being a first kill we should just stick with 3 healers and keep the hunter on 2nd impale as we've been doing

thanks
    Last edited by mmoc65e314467f; 2012-05-05 at 06:44 PM.

I currently run 3 different groups that all kill this fight with 2 Tanks, 3 Heals, 5 DPS and personally I believe this is one of the easiest methods to kill this boss.

Our most recent kill was an alt raid that had 7 weeks worth of DS clears, killing 1-2 new heroic bosses each week up until madness which took us 2 weeks. We still have 0 legendaries in our alt raid, so it's very likely that your raid group is far more geared than our alts were.

Lust on the mutated corruption on the 4th platform, it should be at 30% or lower health when the bolt hits to kill it in time before the parasite spawns. Once you're on platform 2 make sure your tanks have proper communication about which of the 2 terrors they are going to pick up.

Kill fragments as soon as they spawn > Try to get 15% bloods out with the first set of Terrors, tank them on top of 15% bloods and AoE everything down > get 10% bloods > Kill fragments > Stop DPS at 7-8% > Kill terrors > Push 5% kill bloods > kill boss

If you're really pressed for time you can spawn the 5% bloods with the last set of terrors, but doing this causes a ton of raid damage and tank damage to all go out at the same time, and is much more likely to lead to a wipe than killing them separately.

Deleted
    I don't know if anyone has said this, but, we had our feral just go cat spec but with 18% reduced damage talent + armor/critimmune and just taunt for the second impale.

Have your rogue go assassination. It makes phase 2 a complete joke.

were working on it too, heres our set up

blood dk
    holy pally
    resto druid
    aff lock
    demo lock
    feral kitty
    arcane mage
    combat rogue
    ret pally
    enhance shaman

we have a team of aoe'ers for the pre phase 2 bloods of our aff lock/demo lock/kitty druid everyone else works on the claw/arm tentacle till parasite spawns.

Having a blood Dk helps alot becuse they can Agro the blood on the first 4 platform using DnD (1tank 3 healer the beat setup IMO, unless u got really good dps) and then they can also use vampiric blood to help the raid and use warrior rallyin cry also whenever ure about to take big dmg . Plus vampiric blood and rallying cry do stack