Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I like big butts and I cannot lie...

Aesthetics > All.

I've played a male Orc Warrior since Vanilla. I've considered changing his gender simply because I like the look of the female model in the T6 armour set... It just looks awesome. However seeing as I only play the one character he is kind of tied to my online identity by this stage and he's been a male Orc for so long that I don't really have the heart to change him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    The human males look like shaved gorillas.
    The question is: if you can be a dwarf, why would you ever choose to be anything else?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I don't have any female characters, but I'm not "opposed" to playing one, per se. It just so happens that all my characters are Trolls, Blood Elves, or Tauren,, and I like the males more than the females for those races. If I played a Human or a Draenei, I'd play female.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Alliance, I think the animations of Nelf males are just terrible (and would only play as a feral/balance druid... until perma tree is back), the female ones are much more enjoyable. Humans, it kind of depends on the class (for warrior/pally I'd go male, got a male warlock and a female rogue). Draenei I stay away from altogether, hate hooves and not a fan of tails. Worgen I stay away from, too, don't like the shape their feet or their walking/casting animations. Dwarves are funny lil guys, don't play females and the only male one I'd play as would be a shaman... because humans can't be 'em. Gnomes are too "chibi".

For the Horde, Orcs of both genders are cool, imo (love the male enhance shaman combo, and female orc warrior looks statuesque). Undead both look decent, love the way female rogues do front flips, and undead male mages (or any type of caster honestly) just rocks. Tauren I don't play, damn hooves, but the males do look cool as warriors and the druid forms rock. I wish trolls wore boots, not leg warmers, they're the best looking hunters animation-wise, imo, but I stay away from the awkward females. Belfs have a superhero-like pose to them (males anway), and the females look sleek, I love the look of male belf warriors and females as pallies or rogues. Goblins are too tiny, not a fan of the short races with big heads (or ears).

For the pandas, I just dislike the fact that they're fat teddy bears. If they were a more muscular 'fierce' looking bear I'd give one a shot (not talking about hulking beasts like worgen, but more like upright orc-like-muscular), just dislike rolly-polly figures.

All comes down to personal preference and aesthetics. What I don't get is how close-minded a person has to be not to accept that it's an opinion. "I don't want to stare at a guys ass all day" is a valid opinion, you don't decide that someone can't use that, you are not them and this is a highly subjective topic. I think it's more shallow of a person to believe that everyone has to play a character that's as close as possible in relation to themselves (it's a FANTASY game for crying out loud). Even though the majority of my characters are male, I do have some that are female.

So to sum up:
    1. Character models
    2. Animations
    3. Gear (in relation to character model)
    4. Emotes
    5. Sound clips
    6. Classes (in relation to gear, animations and character models)

Are the reasons off the top of my head why someone would choose a female over a male and vice versa.

<<<<<< Male
    characters
    2 Males Nelfs , 1 Human male , 1 worgen male
    2 Females Nelfs , 1 Human female , 1 Gnome female , 2 Draenei Female

why i picked Females ? cause the males so ugly , even human male is not that great , but he is best choice as paladin in alliance sadly

and most know whos behind those characters is male , cause they all somehow got same name
    Last edited by Jrs418; 2012-06-15 at 08:09 AM.

xXx English is not my first language xXx

10+ Year Old Account
    In single player RPGs, always a female. I'm playing a fantasy, using my imagination, living a life I don't live in real life...I want to make it as different from real life as I can. Also, it's actually really enjoyable to see how different companies portray their female characters in games. Some of them are quite...out there.

In MMOs, I usually look through end-game armor sets, or armor sets I plan on wearing for a while, before deciding which race/class/sex I pick for a character. Especially in WoW, some classes look cooler to me as female. Every priest I've ever rolled has been female. Most of my wars/pallies are human males. I think plate just looks cooler on them.

Do I roll female characters because I find them attractive? Not gonna lie, I do. But that's not the sole reason. I have to stare at the character for the entirety of the game, I'd like it to be pleasing to the eyes. I'm not saying I make hot chicks to fap to, but it is nice to be able to recognize beauty when you can. Sure, it may be pixels, but it's not what you're seeing that you need to pay attention to, it's what it represents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    i play all males as a guy. i tried a female draenei to somewhere around 10 but felt really uncomfortable. i didn't want to ever be thought a chick and it felt really effeminate. seeing as the game already requires being sedentary and is therefor not a very masculine endeavor, i need to take my masculinity where i can get it. in this instance it's in the form of male toons being masculine extensions of myself, even if only for my ego. hiiii-yah!!
    Last edited by terminaltrip421; 2012-06-15 at 08:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

I play male and female toons.
    I must be bisexual.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.