Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

"Casual" legendary effect?

According to wowheadnews there is an effect given by the new legendary items that

"Your melee attacks have a chance to encase your enemy in jade, stunning them for 3 sec.

Only works on creatures level 90 and below. Does not work on players."

That appears useless in raiding. Why would it use that?

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP legendaries!

Here are the other two procs: http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=126207 http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=126212

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Its still a beta, maybe the encasement deals an amount of damage or it might give you an increasing buff of a stat, nobody knows, I really doubt its just a 3sec stun for pve

because its beta. im 100% sure that wont be the only spell effect that sword has

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    According to wowheadnews there is an effect given by the new legendary items that

"Your melee attacks have a chance to encase your enemy in jade, stunning them for 3 sec.

Only works on creatures level 90 and below. Does not work on players."

That appears useless in raiding. Why would it use that?
    Because being able to stun raid bosses would be OP ... It could still work in clearing trash. Sounds like a tanking legendary to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    PvP legendaries!
    Yeah, effects that don't work on players come in real handy in PvP <3

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Sounds like a tanking legendary to me.
    That would be the most useless tanking weapon in the game, a random stun proc is pretty useless even for a tank, 99.9% sure it wont work on bosses mainly because all bosses are above level 90, and the item only works on mobs level 90 and below, if they'd make a tanking legendary it would probably have a "Souldrinker" proc chance+stats or a "X% of damage as absorbtion shield" or "X% of damage taken as absorbtion shield" something in that direction.

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 10:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeri View Post
    Yeah, effects that don't work on players come in real handy in PvP <3
    Hunter pets, nuffsaid

Deleted
    Smells like a kael'thas #32143654 fight with legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way the "kael'thas fight" thing makes sense is if there is an extra phase during the last fight on heroic where you need to use the Legendary weapons in the fight. Other than that, a boss fight that involves legendaries like that doesn't make much sense, especially because you need to do quests for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Blizzard stated that they wanted legendary items to have the "legendary feel". Thus making legendaries very difficult to obtain, in fact if I remember correctly Blizzard agreed that this bull shit of having 4-5 people sporting the current legendary was just incredibly ridiculous and that they would much prefer legendaries to be be a something that is typically sported by one person in the raid. I cannot find the statement to cite, so I could be mistaken; however, I am fairly positive this was said. (not in those words obviously, lol)

With that being said, if they are planning on making legendary items legendary again, what fucked up Guild will be giving their "one" legendary to anything but a healer / tank? Of course there will be some Guilds who give it to their Hunter, likely members who have been loyal for years. But the majority of the Guilds will be giving their legendaries to tanks. I am having a very difficult time believing that they would make a legendary for every class, perhaps some of you do not recall or were not around for all of the drama that surrounded Thunderfury and Hand of Ragnaros back in classic. The Rogues thought they were entitled to Thunderfury, the tanks thought they should have it, the Hunters thought it looked pretty. Guilds were destroyed over this drama and I would much prefer for it to NEVER return.

Don't get me wrong I know there was still tons of bullshit surrounding the legendary staff and daggers, however Guilds were able to simply tell the runners up to be patient because they would have their opportunity after that person. Now imagine your main healer and main tank both feeling entitled to the same legendary "item" knowing that the guild will likely only obtain one during the content. Cluster fuck...

With that being said, I think it is safe to say that this is just another Kael type fight...

or you know it can be place holder values
    cus for some reason they decided they wanna add the spells now rather then later

it can be a mini proc for the stage 1 legendery you get like the rogue daggers or shadowedge, it will have a small not so useful proc
    then when you upgrade it to legendery it will become super awesome proc of pure awesomeness
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

I'd rather it be a casual legendary that everyone collects at the same time.... rather than a legendary for all specs that only one person can loot at a time, the drama, long queue to get it and bad officer decisions will be a nightmare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Because being able to stun raid bosses would be OP
    Raid bosses are level 93... so "creatures below level 90" rules out raid bosses anyway.

Oh yeah, it's clearly a sign that Blizzard plans to give away legendaries to casuals, because casuals don't fight anything over level 90. It's because they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    or you know it can be place holder values
    cus for some reason they decided they wanna add the spells now rather then later

it can be a mini proc for the stage 1 legendery you get like the rogue daggers or shadowedge, it will have a small not so useful proc
    then when you upgrade it to legendery it will become super awesome proc of pure awesomeness
    I don't remember shadow's edge having a proc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontempt View Post
    Raid bosses are level 93... so "creatures below level 90" rules out raid bosses anyway.
    What I am saying (if you read the rest of my sentence), is that it's perfectly fine for raiding and clearing trash.

Also, most of what makes a legendary legendary is its stats, not the procs associated.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2012-06-14 at 01:08 AM.

Relax, those are just random data mined weapon procs...does not mean they are procs from the legendary. Worst case scenario is that they are placeholder procs.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be great for your solo content (scenarios included in there).

But for endgame they'll have a boatload of stats, and likely a special effect for each weapon.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2012-06-13 at 11:53 PM. Reason: WTF was I writing?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackout View Post
    I don't remember shadow's edge having a proc
    ofc you dont remember it having 1 cus it didnt have 1 i just gave example of stage 1 weapons that get upgrade to legendery
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Has it occured to anyone maybe it's just a nifty "extra" attached to it. Some cool effect that is neat to see but won't tip the balance of power in raids or PVP?

Would make sense to me.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.