[TV] So today I met this TV... show?

So today I had to do some things and couldn't go to college. I've arrived early home and decided to watch some TV as I never have time to do so. I was zapping all the time because there was nothing worth watching until I reached MTV-Spain. There was a show finishing, something about pregnant 16yo teenagers, which I thought was creeping... I mean they're 16 and pregnant and they decide to sell their poor lives? Isn't bad enough having so bad sexual information? Anyway, I kept watching waiting to see what was next and this show started... Jersey Shore... I didn't know what it was about, but all I watched was a bunch of idiots, probably with only the necessary cell brains to keep themselves alive, insulting each other nonstop, screaming... I would feel really embarrased being closed to one of them... then one of them one-shot to ground a guy on the street with a single punch, and the police arrested him... and I couldn't stop thinking: what the fuck is this? Seriously, what's wrong with today's TV shows? Are these guys for real or they act like that for the show?

So I just turned off the TV and went jogging for a while. Much more healthier.

Your basic problem there is watching MTV, it's pretty much all trashy shows. The problem is it can be quite entertaining to watch reality tv shows where people behave in bizarre ways. Well, it was entertaining some years ago but now they are all scripted to appear like they are made up in the moment, kind of kills it when you realize that. (Like the first big brother had a novelty factor but it wears off fast).But yeah, if you can delete MTV from your tv and watch anything else you'll be much happier haha

Deleted
    MTV Moronic Television
    Honestly I remember when MTV was just music, and shows about music. Now though its like every other channel with "reality tv" and a few music video's now and then

its not just MTV that do it, Every single tv channel I have watched has some sore of "reality tv" show on where people do stupid things for stupid reasons, none of which reflect reality. If they want to show "reality tv" then show a normal family that goes to work every day, to put food on the table, and a roof over their heads, one where the kids go to school, and actually act like normal people.

Except they wont do this because its not good tv as people want to see people being Moronic.

Deleted
    That's "reality" TV for you. The reason they show it is because that's what people will watch. And why do they watch it? For the most part to fulfill the basic human need of feeling better than someone else.

That's absolutely sad then. I didn't find it entertaining at all, I watched it because I couldn't believe there could be such a pitiful show. Now I'm glad I barely have time to watch TV XD

10+ Year Old Account
    MTV hasn't put out anything of creative merit since the late 90's. I still miss shows like Daria.

---------- Post added 2012-05-01 at 08:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    That's absolutely sad then. I didn't find it entertaining at all, I watched it because I couldn't believe there could be such a pitiful show. Now I'm glad I barely have time to watch TV XD
    I stopped watching Television altogether when I went to College, and I actually attribute any intellectual gains I might have incurred to that more than the education itself.