Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fecalizer View Post
    Either way the overflow system is not to blame

Anyway, on topic, my guess would be August/September.
    But you also have to remember that 90% of all people were in 3 zones. When its released we will be far more spread out.

July 25th, 2012. That is all.

Just for comparison, (if I remember correctly) didn't D3 get pushed back when SWTOR release was announced? That's if I remember right. Assuming I am (probably not) both studios could just LOLJKBRAH the other with release date speculation, but I see Anet getting gw2 ready to release pretty quickly solely looking at how well they did everything in gw1. And let's face it, if you played gw1, you know how well Anet can deliver fixes and what not.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by slipn View Post
    But you also have to remember that 90% of all people were in 3 zones. When its released we will be far more spread out.
    This too. Not to mention that at release I daresay that they will have a multitude of servers as opposed to a handful. I really think this is going to be a complaint that disappears at release, even without changes to the current system.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    You do realize playing the game doesn't mean a damn thing if you can't play it with people you want to? Personally I would of preferred ques. At least then we wouldn't of ran into the woops not together anymore every half an hour then 20 minutes of waiting or rezoning in a hope to get in the same overflow together. It SHOULDNT be this hard to play with your friends in a MMO. Now that said.. yes of course I understand the principle behind the overflow and support the idea.. however the execution of that idea needs a major overhaul before that can see live play. I really wouldn't call this a "minor" issue at all.
    The overflow was buged, welcome to beta. They already mentioned it wasnt working correctly, they also mentioned some other stuff that was having issues. This is a real beta unlike other games that makes open beta a week or 2 before a launch just for demo purposes. The overflow is a great feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guildwars 2 official sales started April 10th.

April 11th NcSoft puts Aion free to play, it had been using a dual Cash shop and Sub fee. after box price.
    Now its totally free from the start, Every passing month is a lost sub fee per person for ncsoft, unless they dont want guildwars2 to compete with aion.

They had 6 beta events for guildwars1, and said this game would have less than 6.
    March had 2 press events and a sign up event, april had a prepurchase beta event and may had a monday stress test.

The purpose of the stress test is not bugs, the build we got was only meant to be used to test if the servers could handle the log in of many people.
    We prooved the servers could after hot fix handle a large load of people. or at least the ppl who were willing to log in at the time.

Thats a total of 5 or 6 events.

Then we come to this pic

Please don't bump multiple threads to discuss the exact same topic that is already being discussed in one thread. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-05-17 at 06:56 AM.

And another thread that doesn't need to be bumped as there is already a discussion going on about it.