Thread: If Inquisition

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

If Inquisition

Hey everyone, just wanna say if inquisition also increase spell power per each holy power (1 holy power = 10% spell power, 2 holy power = 20% spell power, 3 holy power = 30% spell power) do you think paladin will be too OP and this change is so unacceptable?

Discuss please thanks for reading.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hey everyone, just wanna say if inquisition also increase spell power per each holy power (1 holy power = 10% spell power, 2 holy power = 20% spell power, 3 holy power = 30% spell power) do you think paladin will be too OP and this change is so unacceptable?

Would be a nerf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    Would be a nerf
    How is it a nerf can you explain please? I didn't mean change the current inquisition to increase spell power instead of holy damage I meant additional affect to the current one not a replace.

well ret paladins don't use spell power so giving them a move that increases their spell power doesn't help them, where increasing their holy damage does
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    well ret paladins don't use spell power so giving them a move that increases their spell power doesn't help them, where increasing their holy damage does
    Could not be more wrong. Here is a ret passive : Increases your spell power by an amount equal to 30% of your attack power and increases your chance to hit with spells by 8%.

And here is the scaling in a ability.

Fills the Paladin with holy power, causing single-target attacks to Censure the target, which deals ((0.01 * holy spell power.0270 * AP) * 5 * 100 / 100) additional Holy damage over 15 sec. Censure can stack up to 5 times. Once stacked to 5 times, each of the Paladin's attacks also deals 15% weapon damage as additional Holy damage. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time. Lasts 30 min.

Unleashing this Seal's energy will deal (1 + 0.223 * holy spell power.142 * AP) Holy damage to an enemy, increased by 20% for each application of Censure on the target.

OT: might not become overpowered, but it would bump up the dps at least. So, not sure.
    Last edited by Malkhor; 2012-04-30 at 02:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does help lot in fact few examples will be for self heals and exorcism spell.

Hammer of Wrath scales exclusively off Spell power.

At least know what you are talking about, if you are going to act like you know what you are talking about.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

We use spell power alot actually. Exorcism, Holy Wrath, Consecration, Seals, Hammer of wrath? all scale with spellpower gained from Sheat of light.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

Exo scales only from SP or AP whichever is higher, and I didn't mean that ret paladin did not use spell power at all, but that its not something they really try to have a lot of, so having something change from increasing holy damage to SP would fail hard.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exo scales only from SP or AP whichever is higher, and I didn't mean that ret paladin did not use spell power at all, but that its not something they really try to have a lot of, so having something change from increasing holy damage to SP would fail hard.
    did you even read my topic very well mate? I never said changing from increase holy damage to SP please reread my first post again.

But he never said anything about changing it from holy damage to spell power.

please note the bolded part.

however it would be op from a healing perspective (I belive) for all 3 specs to gain 30% additional spellpower.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

did you even read my topic very well mate? I never said changing from increase holy damage to SP please reread my first post again.
    Whats the point then, rets don't need a pointless buff, all it would do would over buff them and make holy paladins OP at healing.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the point then, rets don't need a pointless buff, all it would do would over buff them and make holy paladins OP at healing.
    Exactly that was the point of the topic it was a question if this stuff will make paladin overall as a class too OP and unacceptable or it will be fine. Please next time before giving wrong or miss information about the class make sure to read the topic carefully before replying just a friendly advice.

What if mages did 1million damage to everything in a hundred yard radius every time they ice blocked, would that be too OP?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    What if mages did 1million damage to everything in a hundred yard radius every time they ice blocked, would that be too OP?
    Are you really comparing mages to paladins? really? please for the last time if you have no idea about the paladin class don't bother to reply really.

Ok, lets think this through, if a class is fine damage wise right now, then you buff it, is it OP, I'm surprised you couldn't come to the answer on your own. Sorry I skipped a word when I originally read your post.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, lets think this through, if a class is fine damage wise right now, then you buff it, is it OP, I'm surprised you couldn't come to the answer on your own. Sorry I skipped a word when I originally read your post.
    I will say it one more time if you have no idea about retri spec dmg don't reply and don't spread miss information or pretend to know the class very well. Yes the dmg of retri spec is fine when it comes to burst and powerful IF we get good RNG from divine purpose procs and art of war procs. Without these procs our dmg is weak compare to other melee classes because RNG luck is like one of the major factor for our dmg.

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 03:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by friggo View Post
    however it would be op from a healing perspective (I belive) for all 3 specs to gain 30% additional spellpower.
    hmm yeah I agree however, there might be a solution for this to make inquistion only for retri spec and give it a penalty that whenever we use inquistion it will also increase all healing spells mana cost for like 10% or 20% something like that.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2012-04-30 at 03:30 PM.

So then how does increasing SP without a subsequent offset to that buff reduce RNG?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    So then how does increasing SP without a subsequent offset to that buff reduce RNG?
    Did I say anything about reducing RNG? I said increasing the dmg like that might be one of the solution make the Ret dmg fine without relaying on luck and RNG.

Well you said the problem was that there was too much RNG, so then your suggested solution was that you get an unnecessary buff that doesn't really make a lot of sense, and doesn't even solve the RNG problem. Still don't understand.
    Gamdwelf the Mage