Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Forsaken continue their unrelenting barrage and the adventurers become hard pressed. Causis struggles to hold some of them off, but realizaes there are too many for all of them to take them on alone. I agree. Causis' eyes widen as the possessed Forsaken watch as gargoyles swoop down from the icy winds and attack them. Ghouls, geists and abominations begin to appear from the blizzard and lock in battle against the possessed. Geists crawl from the hole the mercenaries popped up from and dash past the group, leaving Causis, Velexis, Neyira and Lethean to their backs. "What's going on here? Why aren't they attacking us too?"
    The Forsaken and Scourge clash; the possessed rip throught the weak Scourge masses as they appear from the grey darkness. But more keep on coming and none seem to take an interest in the adventurers left by the wall opening. A ghoul approaches from the tunnel and stands next to Causis. The paladin looks surprised but sees he not in much of a position to kill the creature. "Masher, say you should leave now. Gryphon bones take you to Ymirheim, masher meet you there." Skeletal gryphons land before the party and beckon them to ride. "You no worry, Scourge hate nasty demon. Scourge no hurt you for now."
    Some of the possessed rush through the line and attack the gryphon carcasses, without help they won't be able to make a quick escape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Velexis, continuing to Exorcise possessed forsaken that got near her, made her way to the Gryphons, as it was the only way out she could see. She felt disgusted at the gryphons, partly because they were undead, and partly because she would actually have to ride one of them to get out, meaning she'd owe her life to such a monstrosity. She drew her sword as she noticed the line of forsaken nearing in, it was nothing she could hope to defeat without bloodshed.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Seeiing as Mex is away and he's been with us from the beginning. I feel its only fair to wait for him and reward him for his dedication. So, I'll put this RP on hold until he returns or until I decide otherwise. Otherwise being if he's gone for an unacceptably long time.))

10+ Year Old Account
    ((well, 10 or so days before he returns. I'm ok with a small break.))

((I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack<33333 Thanks for putting it on hold for me.. I feel so warm inside. XD))

Lethean and Neyira, armed with little, attacked the possessed Forsaken with ferocity. Lethean, using nothing but his dagger, stabbed and sliced at them, while Neyira continued to rip apart their enemies with her twin runeblades, Icegore and Frosthowl. The female Kaldorei's viciousness caught many by surprise, as even being a death knight, one would expect a night elf to hold back such hate.
    Lethean, actually being the calmer of the two at the moment, showed masterful skill with his rune-scribed dagger. He did not block strikes directed at him; instead dodging them and retaliating fiercely.
    Skeletal Gryphons? Leth thought, watching them land. Immediately, a group of possessed Forsaken began making their way towards their mounts, hacking and slashing at them.
    "Damn," Leth muttered, ducking underneath an axe and stabbing upward. Ripping his dagger from his adversary's corpse, he spun around, eyes searching for Neyira. "C'mon, Ny, time to go!"
    Caught up in the haze of battle, Neyira continued to slash her way through the ranks of possessed Forsaken, showing no mercy, decimating them bit by bit. Leth growled, then jumped at her and grabbed her. She spun, Icegore (or so he thought, anyway) stopping just at his neck. The ice-cold blade pierced his skin a bit, and Neyira froze, clearing her eyes.
    "Leth?" she asked, sounding confused and a bit scared, panting, blood splattered all over her. Leth grabbed her arm and pulled her towards their mounts.
    "All good," he said as they neared the gryphons. "Take it easy next time, all right?"
    Catching on to his rarely-seen humour, Neyira grinned slightly, nodding. "Got it."
    Let's just hope we can make it out of here alive, Leth thought to himself, then stopped, smiling. Not that I'm afraid of death.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Causis smashed into a few of the possessed and attaempted to make a way towards the gryphons. "Come on! They're our only chance out of here!" He thrusts his hammer into a forsaken's stomach, but it doesn't flinch. Instead it looks up and screams, red eyes and throat brimming like fire. Causis punches it into the snow, hoping to buy himself a few seconds, "I hope so anyway!" After some more swings he makes it to the gryphons, Light give us haste.

Lethean and Neyira were close behind Causis, though Leth was still cautious of him. With the way clear, both death knights hopped onto one gryphon; Neyira behind Leth, holding him tightly around the waist, Both her runeblades were sheathed now, the motion swift and unseen, and Lethean's dagger was still in hand as he grabbed the reins with his left. "Come on! Let's go!" he snapped, impatient.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    The group held on as the gryphons took off with their new passengers. They shrieked an errie howl as they cut through the clouds. The party glided into the dark clouds and watched as gargoyles swooped down past them in the melee that was still going on below. The battle soon disappears in the night and the gryphon carcasses rise above the clouds into the moonlight. The golden orb lights the clear sky giving a peace to the situation. Causis attempts to direct the reins elsewhere, fearful of this "New master" the ghoul had mentioned. The skeletal steeds ignored Causis and continued on their predetermined destination; Ymirheim.

After a time on the air the gryhpons descend back into the clouds and rip through the jagged shapes. They clear them in moments and the vryukl city could be seen, as ruined and destitute as they had left it. The adventurers spot a large creature in the city's center. It stood tall, robed and had a hood oer its head. They landed and Causis immeadiatly saw the creature was a lich. The gryphons beckoned them forward with a nudge of their heads. Causis stumbled forward reluctantly and looked up as the lich's height was twice his. "So, the Voice won. You've risen... What do you intent to do with my people?!"

The lich stood motionless as Causis asked. It hovered slightly above the frozen ground in a black robe with red and orange outlines. Its arms weren't covered instead revelead it's bones and ribs. It had a satchel that wrapped around its chest and a hood that was red except for the black outlining. "If by people, you mean the Greys, then I intent to cleanse the world of that filth." The voice was deep as would be nostalgic to anyone as being Kel'Thuzad's. "But the Forsaken, shall live." Causis trembled in anger, "FILTH?? YOU'RE THE FILTH MONSTER!" The lich remained silent and watched Causis' reaction. "I have taken the seat of the Scourge as my own, and with it our people can prosper without fear."

"OUR PEOPLE? ILL NEVER LET YOU CLAIM KINSHIP AGAIN, KEL'THUZAD!!" The lich chuckled, "It seems you're mistaken Causis of the Grey." The Lich removes his hood and reveals a skull that eyes glew red much like his attire. The skull was adourned in black hair and small cracks. The lich lacked the traditional Nerubian designs and instead favored a simple garment. "Kel'Thuzad no longer exists, the Twisting Nether was more deteriorating than he expected. Instead I took his powers and form to become what you see before you. I am now Darced the Damncaller."

Causis stared wide-eyed. He was powerful enough as he was. But with Kel'Thuzad's power...Dear Light, what have I done?! Darced looked onto the party. "Fear not, the world will suffer my wrath for a while longer. But onto business at hand. I have one last task for you all and a promise to keep." The lich held a dark box in his hand and held it before the adventurers. "First, I promised a reward for your service. The box opens and four blade shards appear, "I bestow upon you tools of retribution against your foes, Shards of Frostmourne. With these imbued to your weapons or armor you will be able to command the dead. However, such power comes at the price of your health. Slay a mortal or undead crature and you may relinquish some of your power for a time to raise the victim to you. Or, the shard could be used for other purposes, that I will leave for you to discover. The shards float to the party and fuse to their weapons, "Now onto the porposition."

Darced stands in the gusting winds as he addresses the adventurers who watch in anger and frustration. "I have no business acting so friendly to you all, but the world is on the edge of destruction and the Light has been blinded. As we speak forces of greater darkness than I engulfs the land, hunting for artifacts that will harbinger doom for this world. But you, brave souls can buy time. Go to your people and tell them the Scourge come from the north to Lordaeron. Tell them of our numbers, our bloodlust, tell them of our coming. We come to destroy, but the Alliance and the Horde must fight us. I don't expect you to understand, but this must happen. It will happen. Go to your people and warn them of the coming hordes."

((Feel free to say anything to Darced you want, questions, shouting, threats, attacks, anything. This is the last time you'll see him for this RP, and next time he won't be very welcoming. This is the end of the RP, do as you wish.))

((Sweet.))

Neyira stood in fury, but held her temper in check. He's baiting us in, she thought, gripping her twin runeblades tightly. He wants us to attack him, so he can slaughter us all. But, if he wanted to do that, he could have easily done it right now, with or without our provocation . . .
    She was about to tell Lethean so, but clearly, the male sin'dorei was going to have none of it. "You bloody son of a bitch," he snarled, hands clenched in fists, his dagger shimmering brightly. His entire body was vibrating with anger and hatred towards this lich that controlled Kel'Thuzad's former powers. "We have a good reason to travel and warn our allies of your attack, now don't we?!"
    "Leth!" Neyira snapped, turning on him. "Enough!"
    "Don't tell me what to do," he snarled back at her, and she stopped in surprise. She realized what was happening; he was allowing his cold fury to replace any sense of logic or sanity, essentially becoming a cold, ruthless killing machine. She knew, if he had Shadowfrost, he would actually stand a chance at slaying Darced. Unfortunately, with nothing but a dagger, all he was going to do was get himself killed . . . Again.
    "Lethean Darkfury!" Neyira growled, plunging Icegore in to the icy ground and grabbing his arm. He retaliated, shoving her away and knocking her to the ground, his azure eyes flaring brightly and locked on Darced.
    "Get the hell off me," he snarled, and slowly began approaching the lich. The shard of Frostmourne that had been fused to his dagger had mildly surprised the blood elf, but not enough, as he knew what its power could do. He stopped, lifted the dagger, closed his eyes, and felt the power of Frostmourne within the small, rune-inscribed blade. The blade slowly began to shimmer and melt, but still held in the air. It began to form in to something else . . . A larger, jagged version of its original placeholder. After a moment, the blade solidified, and Lethean now held a new weapon; a large, two-handed runeblade, jagged and curved upward slightly. The runes that ran along its length were, as before, in the Scourge tongue, and spelled 'The Chill Of Death Will Consume You.' He grasped the blade with both gauntleted, bloodstained hands, and murmured its name: "Deathmist."
    Neyira watched in horror as Lethean used the shard of Frostmourne to transform his dagger in to a deadly weapon - One that could possibly either mean his salvation, or be the death of him. "Leth, don't do it! He wants you to attack him!"
    Lethean growled, ignoring his friend, and slowly stalked up to the massive lich, Deathmist gripped tightly. "You want me to attack you? You'll soon regret your wish," he snarled, and charged Darced.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lich hovered motionless, "You misunderstand death knight, I have no ill will towards you." Lethean charged with an unsettling ferocity, screaming at Darced. He grasped a blase from his robes and parried Lethean's blow. The snow scattered violently as Darced's blade took the blow with ease. It was a rune carved sword that curved at the tip, the outline of it glew orange and the hilt was covered in stained bandages. "There will be time for vengeance death knight, but don't throw your life away when you have an ample oppurtunity--" Lethean wasn't listening it seemed so Darced changed the subject as they fought. "Perhaps someone else has concerns, questions? I will answer what I can." The blades clash again and again.

((Just in case anyone had something to say.))

10+ Year Old Account
    Velexis threw the sword with Frostmournes shard away. "I'd never use such.. Unholy powers." She said in a calm voice. "I have nothing further to add to this. My job here is done." She walked off in to the distance, knowing where she was headed. "I'll have to alert Tirion about this" She said to herself silently, still in hearing range of Darced.

Lethean shoved viciously against Darced's runeblade, Deathmist scraping against the Lichs'. Sparks flew as his saronite blade screamed and slid off of Darced's. Stumbling out of the way, Lethean stood straight, spun, and charged again-
    "Lethean!"
    Two twin runeblades clashed against Deathmist, halting Lethean's charge and stilling him. In his blind rage, Lethean shoved against the blades, but could find no ground. Neyira shoved Lethean away, knocking him down, though he still kept a firm grip on Deathmist.
    "What the hell?!" he snarled, hopping to his feet with blinding swiftness and locking his sights on Neyira. "Can't you see what he's trying to do?!"
    That stopped Neyira for a moment: She couldn't see what Lethean saw, and so had no clue as to what he was meaning. "Then tell me," she growled softly, "and don't make me do something I'll regret deeply for the rest of the time I walk this world."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lich watched as the paladin threw away his gift. Fear not paladin, Frostmourne cannot be discarded so easily."He then turned his attention to the death knights who have entered into an akward altercation. "The shores of Northend will quake with our arrival, the snows will come to Lordaeron and the red dawn will be diminished. Know now that despite your backgrounds or faiths you are now instruments of the Scourge's return, beacons that guide us to our doom and salvation. The world teeters without signs or proof, yet it lies on the precipice of destruction. You cannot stop what is to come alone. Go now to your homelands, tell the world we ride for war. You have three days." The lich turns toward Icecrown and begins his descent down a slope. It seems my business is concluded here.

Lethean's vision went red as he watched the Lich leave. "No!"
    Neyira watched helplessly as Lethean made another blind rush to stop Darced, then closed her eyes, knowing what she had to do but not wanting to do it. She pointed at Lethean with Icegore, pulling him back to her utilizing unholy energy, and with Frosthowl cutting his left hip, drawing dark crimson liquid, which spurted in an arc on the snow.
    Crying out in pain and dropping Deathmist, Lethean fell to the ground, holding his wound. Blood poured from it at an exaggerated pace, and he looked up at Neyira with a look of deep hurt and betrayal in his icy eyes. She felt his pain as well - both physical and mental - and knew what he was going through. This wasn't the first time she had had to do something like this; she regretted doing so the first time, and now she could see, standing there, watching her friend bleed because of her, that this was another thing she would bear with her for the rest of her time.
    "I'm sorry, Leth," she murmured, slowly approaching him, sheathing her twin runeblades. Growling deep in his throat, Lethean pushed himself to his feet and retrieved Deathmist. Leaving his wound to bleed freely, he summoned his Deathcharger and sheathed his own runeblade. Without sparing his friend a second glance, the death knight mounted his steed, and took off to the North, away from the Vrykul city, the Lich, Icecrown Citadel, everything. He knew not where he rode to, but it was somewhere where nobody was likely to ever find him.
    Neyira watched in sincere sadness as Lethean rode away, letting her shoulders relax and feeling hopelessness rise within her.

((Now, I have a reason to RP these two at separate times, instead of always cheating and having 2 at a time. XD))
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darced peered over his shoulder as the death knights seperated. He could sense the would-be grief coming from them, Already they fall apart. The greatest hope for our survival. He continues on his way to Icecrown, through the howling snow, Perhaps Lethean could be of use to us in the very near future? He then jerked his head as if some force had collided with him, Yes my lord, I'll remember that. He could hear a last cry from the fleeing deathcharger, Still, he is alone. Darced dissapears in the lists, leaving Causis, Neyira and Velexis by themselves, hoping they would heed his warning. The Scourge march to war once again.

Causis watches helplessly as Lethean rides off, "It is for the best I suppose." He turns towards Ymirheim, "Come adventurers, we can get a ride to Dalaran from the Argent Outpost north of here. We need a good long rest before the war begins." He begins to walk toward the old tournament grounds in northen Icecrown.

((Well, that's the end of this RP. Feel free to add any departures or final comments. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of War of the Greys!))

((Funnest RP ever, and I can't wait for more, and the end of the Alterac chapter! And yes, I think Lethean being used for evil in future Grey RP's could be a very interesting scenario indeed . . . Looking forward to it. ))
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Feel free to give him to Darced, he'll have fun with him :P))

((Sweet . . . Will do. Just give me the go, and he's all yours . . . Ahem . . . I mean, Darced's. XD))
    Pyromaniac protégé.