Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    The first wave of transfers should be from ANY low pop server to specific servers. That way anyone who wants to get off a low pop server with multiple characters a chance to not go bankrupt doing so.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    Ok.. that is the very very very hardcore.. Average players don't do that.

    Money is STILL a factor for most people to make them think twice before they transfer.. And I started playing WoW 1 month after it released and spent at least 100 bucks on transfer.
    Really, it happens way more than you think, that the cool down on it has been systematically reduced from 6 months to 3 days is proof enough.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  3. #43
    It is probably going to work like, LowPop1/LowPop2/LowPop3 get free xfers to MedPop1, then LowPop4, LowPop5, LowPop6 get free xfers to MedPop2. This would be ideal. I read somewhere, cant remember the source , but it was official, that the free xfers are going to happen before the pay xfers come out. So allow the low pops to xfer to the med pops, once that is done you can see if your happy with your new location, if not, the paid xfers will come shortly after.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Really, it happens way more than you think, that the cool down on it has been systematically reduced from 6 months to 3 days is proof enough.
    Look, you can't prove that it happens as much as you seem to think it happens, and we can't prove that it doesn't (and no correlation does not equal causation). So this whole side discussion about "WoW proves that paid transfers doesn't prevent people from server hopping at the drop of a hat" should be dropped at this point. Just agree to disagree.

  5. #45
    Pandaren Monk ZeroWashu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,964
    It will be interesting how they handle name and legacy name collisions.

    One thing that is really annoying about many of these games is that names can be locked up by people who have not played the game in a very long time.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Look, you can't prove that it happens as much as you seem to think it happens, and we can't prove that it doesn't (and no correlation does not equal causation). So this whole side discussion about "WoW proves that paid transfers doesn't prevent people from server hopping at the drop of a hat" should be dropped at this point. Just agree to disagree.
    While anecdotal I encountered enough people through out the past 7 years playing the game that I would say it's reliable enough description of the willingness to transfer among your average players if that's a better way to put it, while I don't have much more to say on the subject being told not to discuss aspects of transfers in a thread about transfers seems very odd to me, especially as it wasn't hostile in any way shape or form.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  7. #47
    I know quite a few people who would transfer in a heartbeat if WoW did them for free. Only thing holding us back is having to pay for it.

    There, proof that you're wrong.
    Check out what I'm selling in ESO HERE!

    Interested in joining the MMO-Champion US guild? Whisper me in-game! @greevir

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    While anecdotal I encountered enough people through out the past 7 years playing the game that I would say it's reliable enough description of the willingness to transfer among your average players if that's a better way to put it, while I don't have much more to say on the subject being told not to discuss aspects of transfers in a thread about transfers seems very odd to me, especially as it wasn't hostile in any way shape or form.
    It is more because you and people discussing this with you are going around in circles about it and no one is open to accepting the other person's point of view/experience as proof of the broader conclusion. Which makes talking about that aspect further completely pointless. It can be left out there that some people feel like having paid transfers will deter transferring at the drop of a hat. Others disagree. Unless there is anything new to add to it there is no reason to keep talking about it. Bringing up the same points repeatedly is not really discussing.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Bringing up the same points repeatedly is not really discussing.
    Wasn't the same points, different once on the same subject perhaps, and as far as I was concerned we had already silently agreed to disagree, you stirred it up again by asking a friendly discussion of less than 10 posts on the subject of the thread to stop.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  10. #50
    If you disagree with me about this feel free to PM me, but really stop now.

    If people want to discuss the article in the OP of this thread feel free to.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •