Thread: What is a man?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Well when people automatically start treating you like a man because you act like a man and people acknowledge you as being that, you are a man in my eyes. It's a fluid transition that can happen suddenly or take years. I think the reason we have so many different events set for when a boy potentially becomes a man (like turning 18, getting married, moving out from home, being independent of your family) is because a lot of changes will occur for a boy/man at those times that can change their personalty and circumstances or appearance, to the point where he might change enough to become a man in the eyes of the subjective community around him.

If he stands up for himself without embaressing himself, if he earns the respect of other adults, and is capable of taking care of himself and his own responsibilities

Deleted
    A boy become a man when he is no more afraid to take his responsibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrathon View Post
    A miserable little pile of secrets.
    But enough talk... HAVE AT YOU!

15+ Year Old Account
    A miserable little...no, sorry, I just wanted to do that so badly, but of course the first person to respond made that connection. Stop playing so much god damn video games, people.

Anyway, I agree with what pretty much everyone said. Taking responsibility for your own actions, owning up to your mistakes and learning from them. Oh, and perspective. If you're waging a war over the internet concerning which of the PS3 and X360 is superior, you are not a man.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.