Should I Reroll HPal in MoP?

Hi guys, hopefully you will entertain a Pally noob question. I am currently a Holy Priest and play in a fairly serious 10 man. I was really looking forward to some of the priest changes for MOP, but the one I was really excited about (Holy Atonement) has already been removed. My guild is fine with us rerolling our mains for MoP, but I am locked into a heals spot, so "just in case" I have leveled a HPAL (currently at 83). I think I really like the feel of Holy Pally healing, but I don't know anything about them end-game or what's coming up in MoP. I have read all the MoP changes, but given that I don't fully understand HPal yet it didn't all make sense. I guess what I am trying to figure out before I invest a lot of time in developing and learning this toon is if the HPal community is pretty satisfied with what you have seen so far in the beta and what is to come. Our current heal roster for MoP will likely be RSham/RDruid/Me on HPal or HPriest. There will also be at least one other Pally in a tank or ret spot. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

unless u want to play the H paladin now , Any advice u get now is completely useless , healing in mop will be different and no1 knows exactly how the H pala will feel in MOP. Yes there is beta testing but untill u get the feel of a raiding environment u cant really say anything.

Very true like th3don stated, My main is a holy pally, but have bounced from resto druid to priest and back to holy pally, the issue my guild has come across is getting a solid holy pally that is not only competent but also understands there is more to playing a holy pally then spamming radiance. We have personally went thru so many bad holy pally's that i was forced to play it as my main again.

One word of advice to you regardless of playing now or the next expansion, make certain you read up alot on the class, dont think all you can do is spam 1 spell to be good, make certain you understand when and how to use your cd's, being both a tank healer and raid healer means alot more responsibility falls om your shoulders, especially tank death, learn how to move beacon around as well.

Playing a holy pally is alot of fun but i enjoy my priest alot more, thats just me though, Good Luck to you and in this expansion and well as the next!

Thanks for the advice guys. I know it is way too early to tell, but I am sure some people have some sort of indication from the beta notes and beta play to know if HPal is heading in the right direction, right? If I do go HPal, I do plan on learning the class through and through, I have already read several guides on the spec. Healz, you said you have more fun playing your preist, is there any particular reasons why? I know that at this time and place I wouldn't want to be any other spec than a Holy Priest, but I just don't know if I will get bored after one more year of it.

I think on a personal level, i have not played a priest very long, i enjoy disc mainly for atonement healing I played a holy pally for over 3 years at one point, then got really bored and switched mains to a resto druid, loved it, but the nerf was annoying, not ground breaking, i can still out heal any class on my druid but very disappointed in no tank cd at the very least.

I probably enjoy my priest more because its still the "new" effect on me, maybe you feel like i did when my holy pally was my main prior, you just get bored after playing the same class for years.

I just prefer a change but right now though were 8/8 Heroic, I cant see me being able to change classes anytime soon, but who knows, maybe we will finally hit the lottery and get a decent holy pally, so i can move back to my priest yay

I have not tested the holy pally in beta yet, was gonna wait a month or so for less bugs and things worked out more, i mainly just play my mage in the beta for fun.

Thanks for the insight Healz. Yeah, I think it is the new factor for me too. Picking up a new class is so exciting, and that is kind of what I am looking for but I just don't want HPal to feel like a dead end job so to speak. But at least I will be 85 this week, so I will be able to learn more about the class and the play style.

10+ Year Old Account
    As per forum guidelines, "should I play this class" threads are not permitted. You'll have to either keep up with the beta (either the information that gets released, or by playing the beta), or wait until Mists comes out and try it for yourself. In the end, you are the deciding factor in whether or not you enjoy the new character.

Closing.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!