Poll: Should They?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Should Worgen Druids be able to use Running Wild while shape shifted?

Pros
    - Other races can use racial abilities while shape shifted (I think) berserking, War stomp, shadowmeld.
    - You can almost always be in cat/ bear form.

Cons
    - Blizzard probably wouldn't like the idea of feral druids seeing their gear even less.
    - Other druid races would want a similar ability? Possibly unfair to other races of druids.
    - Dark flight already counts as a racial ability that can be used while shape shifted, so the first pro argument is invalid.

If you can think of any pros or cons post them.

Post your opinion on why or why not you want it.

Personally I'd want it to happen, although it most likely wont.

Deleted
    Hell no. just as they should not be abel to mount up as a boomkin.

Animations take a lot of time and resources to make. In order for them to work on this idea, they would be taking resources away from creating new player models. Plus a Lazer Chikin couldn't run on all fours and would look bat-shit stupid running on it's hind legs. Travel form would be redundant. Bears are slow, Evil Walri can't run and you already have a ridiculous advantage over every other class in Vash'jir because of said Evil Walri being a mount as well.

Plus, with the racial Flayer, you can already Skin an animal while shapeshifted and without the need for a skinning knife and faster than anyone else in the game. Worgen actually have TWO racials they can actively use while shapeshifted.
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    To vehemently defend the claim like OP would is to present to these very forums a ludicrous display of ignorance and unawareness so profound and comical that it might actually deserve its own time slot on The History Channel.

When I read this I voted yes because I got running wild and Dark Flight confused. But since I now remember what running wild is I would say no. Running Wild is worgen's mount, no other race can mount up as a cat/bear/boomkin (though in mists you can mount up in astral form).

Quote Originally Posted by Gekku View Post
    Hell no. just as they should not be abel to mount up as a boomkin.
    and just as they shouldnt be able to gather herbs/minerals while in flight form

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I find no reason to oppose Worgen's being able to use Running Wild while shapeshifted.

Just as long as my night elf can hop on his motorcycle in bear form as well. The world needs more motorcycle-riding bears.

Just because it looks like it should, it doesn't mean the game mechanics agree with it. Mounting is still mounting and cancels forms whatever the mount looks like.

It's a mount

That should basically answer your question

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with Running Wild, is that other druids will want these too and it will be not fair, i would really like if Blizzard let Moonkins mounts, because if they don't, we won't be able to mount on Astral Form :S

"It's a mount" is dumb. It's not a mount. It's a mount substitute. A 'mount' is another type of creature that you ride on that runs fast for you. Worgen can run fast on their own, because they are already fast creatures.

It would be OOC only and it wouldn't affect game play in any significant way (feral cats could shift from mount to stealth instead of from mount to cat to stealth, saving them... uh, no seconds, because stealth doesn't have a cooldown when you enter cat form).

The only argument against it is that moonkin form would look ridiculous. It would be fine with bear, cat, and travel form.

Nay sayers are party poopers. I'm not even a worgen druid and I think it would be cool and fine and I wouldn't be mad about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    yeh id like to seea moonking walking on his hands and feet!

id vote yes but only for bear or cat or tafel from!
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

You need to be out-of-form to use other mounts, why should this be an exception?

Also, how are other people meant to tell via glancing at you whether you're at normal run-speed or mounted? It makes a massive strategic difference in a pvp scenario.

I'd be amazed if Bliz added it in.

10+ Year Old Account
    it will never happen, say however you want it but it is considered a mount, substitute or not.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Deleted
    Oh i mistunderstood the question...silly me! I voted no by msitake. I AM UP FOR THIS CHANGE!!! Its so cool

Deleted
    In current MoP, druid boomkins cant mount when shapeshifted and stay shifted throughout. Perhaps this works for Worgen too.

Honestly, I always find it weird when my druid shapeshifts out of cat/travel form to assume a running position.

Yes for travel/cat form. No for bear/moonkin form.

However, ANY damage in cat/travel form would immediately knock you out of Running Wild, to make it fairer.

Deleted
    Update: Currently on beta, you can use running wild whilst in boomkin. You don't change stance, just sorta run fast.

I'd say yes for all druids races but only for Travel Form, something like out of combat it requires cast time to shapeshift to Travel Form in order to get the 100% bonus speed and in combat it turns into an instant shapeshift with only 40% bonus speed.

Damnit, I change my vote to 'No' - I confused Running Wild with Dark Flight. This is my "L2Read b4 voting" moment :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hoef View Post
    Update: Currently on beta, you can use running wild whilst in boomkin. You don't change stance, just sorta run fast.
    It's a bug until Blizzard confirms it as an intended change
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!