Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Sigh reading these threads... *runs down to doctor man for sleeping pills that works for a few days*

I to think that its just gonna be what it was in D2, just not boss killing 24/7.

Do look at this link trough: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/immortal-kings-will So items will be crafted alot aswell, witch does seem nice to! Yes you can say QQ WRAH TO EASY GEARING, but I like it. It isnt 2001 anymore.

Deleted
    Well, I literally shouted "oh my god a fucking rare" first time one dropped on the beta...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firminator View Post
    The best part of the beta was finding the treasure goblins. You would chase them around for a bit and they would shit out gold then try to portal out. That was fun stuff.
    i loved chasing those little bastards! cant wait for live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firminator View Post
    The best part of the beta was finding the treasure goblins. You would chase them around for a bit and they would shit out gold then try to portal out. That was fun stuff.
    If you think that was fun, just wait until you get to inferno, see a treasure goblin, start chasing it in hopes of some supercool item, run into an unexplored part of the map and find a nice little champion pack that decides to eat you for a snack.

Inferno + treasure goblin + greed = repair costs.
    Inferno + treasure goblin + greed + HC = byebye level 60 character!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    Well, I literally shouted "oh my god a fucking rare" first time one dropped on the beta...
    this … and not enough play time to warrant any real answer about how loot will work exactly, but I can say that in my experiences in Beta, that certain suffixes
    will attach certain stats to that item, there are lists available already I think, but there are no set amounts to those stats.
    example (random purely made up for emphasis): "weapon" of the eagle will guarantee intellect and dexterity but in no set amount [4 dex and 3 Int or 3 Dex and 4 Int, varies]...did anyone else draw this conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    If you think that was fun, just wait until you get to inferno, see a treasure goblin, start chasing it in hopes of some supercool item, run into an unexplored part of the map and find a nice little champion pack that decides to eat you for a snack.

Inferno + treasure goblin + greed = repair costs.
    Inferno + treasure goblin + greed + HC = byebye level 60 character!
    Crap, I hadn't thought of that. Damnit Blizzard, this is gonna be brutal. I'm greedy in games by nature! D:

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseDoodlez View Post
    Is there gonna be items with the stats "set in stone" in Diablo 3?. Because from the beta, absolutely all items that drops is randomized, and it kinda gives the feeling that you can't run around in hopes of getting that 1 imba item you already know the stats of.

All items have a set range of stats that are random so a lvl 60 unique axe could spawn with say 200-225 dps 100-115 strength etc. so yes there is a set value as the max any weapon can be at any given level. Its listed somewhere on the blizz or diablo site

Answer to the OP.

The trading was as fun as the slaughter and furious hack/slash at an extreme tempo...

But the 2 milli seconds grouping up and selective quest choise was the real winner for me.

I couldn't take my eyes off the ONE server - 300.000 players number that showed up in my multi player game choice.

I wondered at that time how small present day so called "full fledged" MMORPG's are in playing numbers. Seeing 8 people on a Fleet in SW TOR made me shudder.

These feelings overshadowed any item drop in beta.

I knew it then: this is "IT": the MMO killer of 2012. Faster, quicker, more satisfying, more adrenaline, more gaming fun in on line games...

We waited and we got it. Finally.

Deleted
    I was rather excited when i killed skeleton king for the first time, and after i saw he dropped some rare it just felt epic. I also remember when i was fooling around in a game i stumble upon "Den of evil", and you know just exploring and getting to the bottom of the den was to awesome, so i dont think you will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseDoodlez View Post
    Is there gonna be items with the stats "set in stone" in Diablo 3?. Because from the beta, absolutely all items that drops is randomized, and it kinda gives the feeling that you can't run around in hopes of getting that 1 imba item you already know the stats of.
    During the beta I received a couple of different "Set Items" that appeared to have set in stone stats as well as some purples.

Its amazing.
    The way they changed 'identification' is very thrilling. The short 'cast time' feels very much like waiting for a heart to pop at the river in poker
    Crafting is the same too. Because of its randomized nature, its VERY exciting when I get the right stats for me.

Oh, and after I got a rare after breaking barrels, I'm pretty sure i will leave no barrel/jar unbroken

I definitely think so. I was actually underwhelmed by the Beta when it first hit...but some of the changes they made, plus finding "the right" class for me really helped seal the deal and I'm looking forward to D3 more than ever now. And it retains everything I liked about the first 2 games in terms of atmosphere and the obsessive need to find lewts.

Quote Originally Posted by FathomFear View Post
    Forgive me as I couldn't find a thread on exactly this topic, so I decided to make one.

To be brief, the magic of Diablo 2 (for me) was very much about its treasure-finding aspect. That thrill of finding an unidentified set or unique item after long grind sessions, and then having something you could use to barter/trade with to really improve your character.

Heck, it's been almost 10 years but I still remember finding that perfect ethereal Death's Fathom. It was epic.

So, for those of you have played the beta, how would rate Diablo 3 in regards to this? Does it have that same treasure/magic-finding intensity around it?

Thanks.
    The problem with the beta (well not really a problem) was that it was too short to really get that sort of input. I did find a handful of rares throughout the course of my 4 months in the beta, but they were super rare. Almost every time you took a new character to the Skeleton King, he would drop a couple rares.

I only found about 3 rares from random mobs and jars and such, so im hoping the rare finding will ramp up a lot more once we get past the skeleton king and further into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheButcher View Post
    The problem with the beta (well not really a problem) was that it was too short to really get that sort of input. I did find a handful of rares throughout the course of my 4 months in the beta, but they were super rare. Almost every time you took a new character to the Skeleton King, he would drop a couple rares.

I only found about 3 rares from random mobs and jars and such, so im hoping the rare finding will ramp up a lot more once we get past the skeleton king and further into the game.
    You might want to note that later on in the game we'll be able to stack a large amount of +magic find which (depending on the percentages) could help things drastically
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    You might want to note that later on in the game we'll be able to stack a large amount of +magic find which (depending on the percentages) could help things drastically
    Well yeah, thats what I was trying to convey. The beta wasnt a very good indicator of how rares and uniques will be in the final game because it was such a limited (small) part of the game. I'm sure rares will drop a little more often later on, but not like off every other mob.