Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    That's an elementalist thing, not a spec thing. All Elementalists have low HP pools, no matter the spec. You have around that much in default PvP spec you start with, and maxing out hp from traits you only ended up with around 13-14k.

In comparison, Mesmers and Necromancers start with around 22k and can stack up to 24k from traits.

Funnily, I had this thing used on my necro multiple times. It dropped me to less then half hp the first time, and after that I quickly learned to death shroud it when it happens if my golem charge is on CD. Else I just charge the dumb elementalist who goes into my melee range, immobilize him with my bone fiend and unload a shitload of conditions on him. ~7-10k damage I'll actually take is something not worth talking about on a necromancer as a price for getting full condition stack on glass cannon elementalist.

You can also put a #5 staff mark on yourself if you see elementalist who looks like he's setting that thing up to hard counter it.
    Actually, it is just a glitch with the elemental starter gear. If you reset the gear, you could bump it past 20k. In WvW, with my level 15 to 20 gear and at level 20 (so 11 trait points), I had 22k HP. The competitive pvp gear was glitched.
    "Some flies are too awesome for the wall." - Community

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    good thing i clear my conditions with dodge rolls huh lol xD I'm built around total support, and somehow still able to do some nice damage... Maybe the build was OP xD
    It removes ONE condition. Usually 1 stack of bleed, since you have 6-8 running on you in addition to poison, chill and weakness (and at some points blind and cripple) if you're against an MM specced necromancer and well over 10 if you're running against condition specced one. And after two rolls, your dodge bar is fucked because it isn't regenerating properly with you being chilled by chilblains.
    Last edited by Lucky_; 2012-05-01 at 12:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It removes ONE condition. Usually 1 stack of bleed, since you have 6-8 running on you in addition to poison, chill and weakness (and at some points blind and cripple) if you're against an MM specced necromancer and well over 10 if you're running against condition specced one. And after two rolls, your dodge bar is fucked because it isn't regenerating properly with you being chilled by chilblains.
    Actually it removes an entire stack, when they say removes 1 condition it means if you have X stacks of vulnerability it'll take ALL of it off, and i also got a heal that removes conditions, and my elite removes conditions, i don't have an issue vs pure condition or pure damage builds it's when they mix the two i tend to run into issues, and i don't mind blind i just throw my 1 skill to clear it, no big deal
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    glasscannon even of dps he cant beat the thief burst dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Actually it removes an entire stack, when they say removes 1 condition it means if you have X stacks of vulnerability it'll take ALL of it off, and i also got a heal that removes conditions, and my elite removes conditions, i don't have an issue vs pure condition or pure damage builds it's when they mix the two i tend to run into issues, and i don't mind blind i just throw my 1 skill to clear it, no big deal
    Condition focused builds generally ignore condition removal. To them, it's largely irrelevant, the new stack is coming every cast and crit and most conditions are short term. I didn't ever notice condition removals mattering at all with either of builds below.

I still remember trying out this for minion build against pretty much everything: http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#n;app...aaa;cbZa;bWXeY
    It was hilarious. 1v1 I don't think I lost to anyone simply because of the sheer number of "oh shit" buttons available combined with ridiculous survivability of minion leeches and abilities. A great example is that warrior uber attack where he snares you in place with bolas and then unloads 3 bar adrenal followed by greatsword multistrike skill. Only as bolas me and starts the adrenal, my golem smashes into him throwing him across the battlefield away from me and then sits on him keeping him permanently crippled for rest of the fight, regardless of condition removals unless he pops the immunity ult.

As well as this for less survivability and absolutely hilarious condition spam: http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#n;ppf...aaa;cbYX;ZUcbb
    But I was too fragile without minion support, so I preferred MM with conditions over this. That said, it was literally "what condition removal?" build, since you just didn't care what enemy does with conditions you spam on him, you just slapped a new stack in a matter of next cast even if something got removed. I hit 25 bleed stacks on target enemy in addition to my own poison and potentially enemy burning more then once with the signet and that just melts people faster then snowball being thrown into blast furnace. That said, your survival counted too much on applying weakness and blind at proper times, and I wasn't good enough at telling what other people were doing to time it right most of the time.

Worth noting that most necros I've met played some variation of MM build, and I don't think many people realised the power of self-harming condition skills in conjunction with consume conditions and plague signet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Condition focused builds generally ignore condition removal. To them, it's largely irrelevant, the new stack is coming every cast and crit and most conditions are short term. I didn't ever notice condition removals mattering at all with either of builds below.

I still remember trying out this for minion build against pretty much everything: http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#n;app...aaa;cbZa;bWXeY
    It was hilarious. 1v1 I don't think I lost to anyone simply because of the sheer number of "oh shit" buttons available combined with ridiculous survivability of minion leeches and abilities. A great example is that warrior uber attack where he snares you in place with bolas and then unloads 3 bar adrenal followed by greatsword multistrike skill. Only as bolas me and starts the adrenal, my golem smashes into him throwing him across the battlefield away from me and then sits on him keeping him permanently crippled for rest of the fight, regardless of condition removals unless he pops the immunity ult.

As well as this for less survivability and absolutely hilarious condition spam: http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#n;ppf...aaa;cbYX;ZUcbb
    But I was too fragile without minion support, so I preferred MM with conditions over this. That said, it was literally "what condition removal?" build, since you just didn't care what enemy does with conditions you spam on him, you just slapped a new stack in a matter of next cast even if something got removed. I hit 25 bleed stacks on target enemy in addition to my own poison and potentially enemy burning more then once with the signet and that just melts people faster then snowball being thrown into blast furnace. That said, your survival counted too much on applying weakness and blind at proper times, and I wasn't good enough at telling what other people were doing to time it right most of the time.

Worth noting that most necros I've met played some variation of MM build, and I don't think many people realised the power of self-harming condition skills in conjunction with consume conditions and plague signet.
    Oh i don't even bother removing things like bleeds and poisons and burns against heavy conditions builds since, lets face it, those aren't going ANYWHERE, however if i pop my heal i will just sit in my spring because that'll keep your damage almost entirerly at bay for the duration, as well as allow me and my pet to heal ourselves if you, or your minions are anywhere near my pool (ricocheting healing/condition removal water axe? YES PLEASE >=D!) and yeah, i don't think i've seen a single necro that had anything other then 4 minion skills, and then an elite, so i'm not sure how well i'd fair against a SUPER condition based prof, but i did well against just about everything out there so *shrugs*

PS: How do you summon the golem and that? I was using my pack runes but i didn't realize until later that 2/3 special effects weren't in the game -_-'
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    I noticed that you only need to switch out a couple of accessorys as an elementalist to get around 20k hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I noticed that you only need to switch out a couple of accessorys as an elementalist to get around 20k hp.
    This, I was up around 22k on mine, but was lacking crit and power obviously.

Also, the condition damage default gear set kind of sucks, really need to customize your gear and accessories for best results.