Guns/Knives : For COWARDS?

1st of all let me say that Police, Army, and defenseless women do not fall under the category of cowards. That's their job or in the defenseless women case, well... they are defenseless. Them having guns is totally fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Myself later down the page
    I actually mainly got thinking about this after watching "I survived" on the biography channel, some poor woman was just at a store and when she got to her car some guy in a trench coat with a gun held her up, robbed her, raped her, etc. That's what I mean by defenseless. The GUY in that case is a coward.
    What I'm talking about is people that don't fit one of those roles carrying around guns or switchblades, etc.

You hear all these rap songs with them bragging about their guns and how they shoot people. They think they're real tough/badass. REAL men aren't afraid of settling matters with their FISTS. A gun/knife is a cowardly thing for a full grown man to carry around.

Like yeah... these rappers are SO tough, using their cheater-ass weapons to do what they're afraid they can't handle without a weapon.... that just comes across as sooooo tough and badass doesn't it?

Once several years back this guy wanted to get in a fight with me, but he showed me just earlier that night that he had a switchblade. So when he started trying to start a fight with me I locked myself in a room. He was yelling outside and calling me a pussy. Like, yeah... right. A pussy for not accepting a challenge to fight a guy with a knife while unarmed? The REAL pussy is that guy for carrying around a knife in the 1st place. I'm 100% certain if he didn't have that knife and I did fight him he would have got his ass handed to him. I was bigger than the guy, and I have NEVER lost a fight in my life.

I guess you could say it's one thing if a grown (non-defenseless) man lives in a bad city and carries a gun/knife but has ZERO intention of using it for anything but extreme self defense if their life was in legitimate danger. But I'm talking about the ones who run around shooting people NOT in self defense. Or the guys running around carrying switchblades in the suburbs as if there's any reason to. That doesn't make you tough, it makes you a scared WUSS.

So what do you all think about grown (non-defenseless) men carrying guns or switchblades? Would you say it's cowardly? If not, why not?
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-04-30 at 06:01 PM.

I finished reading your bold sentence and stopped,

Are you really calling all women defenseless without some form of weapons, or are you talking about a woman in a general defenseless situation?

if its the first that's extremely sexist and stereotyping, and your going to get so much hate
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Defenseless women? Haha, i love people that belive all girls can't fight for themselves. You should stop watching movies where women fall over every rock along the path while they are chased by a psycho fictional murderer and come back to the real world.
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...

Deleted
    There is no fair play in a bar fight/street brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelfie View Post
    Defenseless women? Haha, i love people that belive all girls can't fight for themselves. You should stop watching movies where women fall over every rock along the path while they are chased by a psycho fictional murderer and come back to the real world.
    Exactly this, although in my first post I thought id give him the option of benefit of the doubt, in-case he mis-wrote it
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

most men are defenseless even with guns and knives. people are pussies, older you get the more you realize how chickenshit the world is. i'd bet that 95% of people wouldn't fight back under any situation and most of the ones who would can't fight. they swing for the fences, try to hit you without getting hit, shoot and miss, never had to use a knife to kill anything, etc

people are pussies. give them all knives and guns, wouldn't matter, they'd not use them

how armed someone is doesn't mean anything really. only thing that matters is if they'd use it or not.
    Last edited by fizzbob; 2012-04-30 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Exactly this, although in my first post I thought id give him the option of benefit of the doubt, in-case he mis-wrote it
    Oh i hope he miswrote it, else this thread will turn to a flamefest really damn fast if i "know" the people on this forum right.
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I finished reading your bold sentence and stopped,

Are you really calling all women defenseless without some form of weapons, or are you talking about a woman in a general defenseless situation?

if its the first that's extremely sexist and stereotyping, and your going to get so much hate
    Of course I'm not calling ALL women defenseless, of course SOME (though few) can fight, and even then are generally outmatched if a male was going to fight them

I actually mainly got thinking about this after watching "I survived" on the biography channel, some poor woman was just at a store and when she got to her car some guy in a trench coat with a gun held her up, robbed her, raped her, etc. That's what I mean by defenseless. The GUY in that case is a coward.

<-Not defenseless

<-Probably defenseless, be for real

If you aren't the instigator, there's no reason to have your ass beat if you know you're going to lose. Self defense, man. But if it's mutual combat, then yeah, it's a dirtbag move to pull out a weapon.

At the bold part: so is it fine for a woman to have gun because they're "defenseless" but not for a man?

The rest of the post I agree with OP. Only security forces (Polices, Army, etc) should be allowed to have some type of arms. A random person wielding a weapon is potentially dangerous, even if that person doesn't feel like using it or doesn't know how to use it, so in the hands of someone with problems (wether trivial or serious) they're likely to hurt. If nobody had access to them, they wouldn't be needed for self defense either. So an extrict forbid on them is the way to go.

That's, of course, just my opinion.

guns imo are really cowardly, knives i'm iffy on. i think it comes down to how the fight, or attack, is going. if someone is attacking you with one of those items it wouldn't be cowardly to use one, but in fight without it, it would be really cowardly to use one. guns imo are the most cowardly thing we've invented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah no. While we encourage discussion of any topic, any thread with such an antagonistic title and opening post has no future to it.

In the future, make threads that will actually encourage discussion: implying anyone who disagrees with you is a coward does not achieve that end.