Guild Wars 2 First Impressions

A video detailing my first look at Guild Wars this past Friday when the Beta Weekend Event started.

I played this again on Sunday and some of my views have changed. I really like the Thief combat system, it's so much funner than the Mesmer I tried at first. I also learned a lot about the dodge mechanic and the difference between the public questing and world event systems.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-04-30 at 08:25 PM.

I think this is going to get locked and redirected to an existing thread, even through it's a video.

Yeah, there's more threads on this issue, but I'll bite, the game is fun. All I need to say. I only got a few hours in because of finals, but I had fun with Engineer, even though I plan to be Thief when it goes live. Can't wait for the next beta event. Then I can play much longer and actually accomplish something higher than lv5 :P

This was a pretty terrible video ... most the stuff you say that is actually related to game mechanics you should have already known about with a little research. The other 27 minutes of your video is a review on a beta game ... not sure what the point of the video is -- since no professional game journalist would review a beta. There is a reason most gaming mags don't review games in beta.

Would have been more effective if you actually reported on new stuff about the game. Blasting a an unfinished product just makes you look bad.

Opinions are great but I guess if you are sharing your videos with these opinions, ask yourself for what purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    This was a pretty terrible video ... most the stuff you say that is actually related to game mechanics you should have already known about with a little research. The other 27 minutes of your video is a review on a beta game ... not sure what the point of the video is -- since no professional game journalist would review a beta. There is a reason most gaming mags don't review games in beta.

Would have been more effective if you actually reported on new stuff about the game. Blasting a an unfinished product just makes you look bad.

Opinions are great but I guess if you are sharing your videos with these opinions, ask yourself for what purpose?
    It's not a review, I'm not a game journalist.

There are multiple threads to discuss feedback/reactions to the beta weekend, please use those.

Also, please videos to the video thread in the sticky.