Customizing your character~

For those who weren't aware, there were ways to customize your pvp set. I'm thinking I missed one, and I know others didn't notice them, so I thought I'd give what I know, and correct it as other people chime in.

Gear:
    Armor.
    Gear offered enchants, called Sigils. The bonuses they gave, stack with as many as you put in, offering in wow terms, Set bonuses. At the odd bonuses were generally only stat gains. +25 for 1, +50 for 3, +90 for 5, totaling to 165. The odd bonuses were a special effect. +15% bleed time, condition damage, etc. The 6th, and final, was rather special. +5% to summon a monster, +20% fire and frost damage, etc. A different 6th for every piece. There were roughly 40 of these.

Accessories.
    You had some room to change out your accessories. Your necklace offered up to ~1500 stat swing(780, and 600 & change stats). You also had rings, and gems in rings. These were relatively small, but still more choices.

Weapons.
    While being able to change your weapons, you could also change the enchant(I forget the name!) on them. +5% crit, +5% damage, +15% bleed damage, etc. Were all choices. Worked on offhands as well.

Traits:
    Stats
    Each trait offered up to 300(10 per point) into main stats(vit/power/toughness/precision/Profession-specific attribute). Along with this, you also got 1 or 10 into a secondary effect. You also gained 1 or 10 into a secondary effect increasing health, crit damage&chance, increased healing, increased condition effect, and lastly a profession specific trait. These did specific things, which are reduce cooldowns of class abilities(mesmer, elementalist, guardian, engineer, thief,), increase burst damage(warrior), increase pet attributes(Ranger), and increase the life force pool for necromancery.

Glyphs
    Also, for every 10 points added, you could add a glyph. A choice of 11 or 12 as I recall. They did a myriad of thigns, dependent on whichever spec you were placing them in. After 5 points, and every 10 points after that(5, 15, 25) you also gained a specific glyph. No options, but they were usually powerful.

If I left anything out, Let me know - I'll be sure to add it here. A lot of people were unaware of how to customize there character for what they wanted - and I think a lot of people were left out in the pvp field. I wanted to rectify that before the next BWE.
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2012-04-30 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    I did that a lot, I ended up doing insane damage with my greatsword on my Guardian. It was fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    I knew that there was supposed to be a way to do it, but I wasn't sure where to go to do so. Every vendor I saw cost points to buy things. Are we talking PvP or WvWvW?

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    I knew that there was supposed to be a way to do it, but I wasn't sure where to go to do so. Every vendor I saw cost points to buy things. Are we talking PvP or WvWvW?
    Just level 80. For BWE it'll be Structured pvp only, not WvWvW. Ultimately it'll work in either.

I the PVP lobby you can buy anything below Tier 1 PVP gear and freely move traits about.

In WvW, you are what you are normally- only bolstered. In WFs, you are what you built for in the lobby.