Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    I came across a joyous Shaman the other day. A Warlock friend of mine who just turned 85, and had exactly enough ilvl to start End time, we queued up and got this. Very first trash pull, with nothing even dead yet. Shaman stops completely and goes "Wait"..."Wait Wait"..."Wait Wait Wait!!!". That pack dies and I see him sitting down. He goes "why in the hell is this warlock only doing 4k dps?!?!?!?!". I said "don't worry about it, he's with me" and I proceed to pull the next pack, look over and he's still sitting. I ask "so you going to help or what?". He responds "Nope, waiting to get out of combat to kick the lock". lol wtf. After the pack dies, I initiate a kick and the Shaman gets booted. Turns out the healer (Priest) was his friend, who in turn refused to heal the group for the next however many minutes it took for kick to become active again. I asked if he was going to heal, and responded with a "not you". So, we sat around doing nothing for the ~5 minutes or whatever it was, initiated a kick and the priest left on their own. Once the replacements showed up, we 1 shot the place, even with the lock doing 5-10k.

    Kids these days...

  2. #22
    The OP isn't concerned with lack of mana, already stated so in a second post in this thread, (s)he is upset because apparently the group won't wait for them to loot/skin.

    Also lol at the people who say let the tank die to prove a point, really? Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds? It basically translate into "They won't stop so I can loot everything so I'm just going to let them wipe and rack up repair bills until they slow down and allow me to waste their time even further." DPS queue times are still nothing to sneeze at, even after adding in rewards for tanks and healers as incentives to queue, DPS have an average wait time of 15+ minutes. Now add on top someone insisting on slowing down the group as a whole because they are "casual" and don't want to pass up on a green worth 10g...

    You can click in between shields, stop making a bigger deal out of the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    It's like the collective psyche of WoW can't get over the sub loss, so when so much as a hotfix is announced, it's due to the sub loss. Tuesday maintenance? Due to the sub loss. Your loot didn't drop? Due to the sub loss. Your girlfriend left you? It's clearly due to the sub loss. Constipated? OBVIOUSLY because of the sub loss.

  3. #23
    Warchief Kilpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarynn View Post
    The OP isn't concerned with lack of mana, already stated so in a second post in this thread, (s)he is upset because apparently the group won't wait for them to loot/skin.

    Also lol at the people who say let the tank die to prove a point, really? Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds? It basically translate into "They won't stop so I can loot everything so I'm just going to let them wipe and rack up repair bills until they slow down and allow me to waste their time even further." DPS queue times are still nothing to sneeze at, even after adding in rewards for tanks and healers as incentives to queue, DPS have an average wait time of 15+ minutes. Now add on top someone insisting on slowing down the group as a whole because they are "casual" and don't want to pass up on a green worth 10g...

    You can click in between shields, stop making a bigger deal out of the situation.
    But in general if there is a tank who doesn't even listen to healer needing a mana break I let them die. I don't give a rats ass about your dps-queues.

    Edit: Let me clarify the last part: I don't give a rats ass about your dps-queues if people in the group can't behave like a human.

  4. #24
    The Patient Madam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    324
    I run random dungeons for cloth drops and as a Tailor have to wait till everyone has looted to get the cloth.

    The original Cata heroics drop the most cloth as there is a ton of trash.

    I will admit to letting a few tanks die, but do warn them ahead of time that I am there for cloth, if they chose to run ahead and be a hero without me, more power to them, I can just rez the dead.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Why should four players have to wait for you because you want to loot everything you see and you're too shit to loot while keeping the party up? How about that?



    If the only reason you want the group to slow down is because you want to loot the mobs, then yes.
    Really? So you get your loot but because he's standing back out of harm's way to keep YOU alive, he doesn't get to have his? If you gave me that attitude in a run I'd go out of my way to not heal you.

    George has a solid recommendation for you concerning auto-loot. Make sure you have it turned on so you just click on the mob and get everything without having to sift through the pop up and click on each item.

    I do need to disagree with his suggestion to loot during combat. That's poor form. If you're looting while combat is happening, you're not doing your job. Whether it's keeping people alive, keeping the mobs' attention, or killing the mobs, if you're clicking on corpses and rolling on drops, you're not doing what you should be doing.

    I'm really looking forward to the AoE looting coming in Mists. I think it'll help a lot with this scenario.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    But in general if there is a tank who doesn't even listen to healer needing a mana break I let them die. I don't give a rats ass about your dps-queues.

    Edit: Let me clarify the last part: I don't give a rats ass about your dps-queues if people in the group can't behave like a human.
    Seeing as how, like I said above, this thread isn't about the OP needing a mana break your point is moot.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    It's like the collective psyche of WoW can't get over the sub loss, so when so much as a hotfix is announced, it's due to the sub loss. Tuesday maintenance? Due to the sub loss. Your loot didn't drop? Due to the sub loss. Your girlfriend left you? It's clearly due to the sub loss. Constipated? OBVIOUSLY because of the sub loss.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarynn View Post
    You're impeding the flow of the group, I would just votekick you if you insist on holding everyone up so you can click every lootable mob.
    And I would be sure to vote-kick you if you mess up just the slightest.

  8. #28
    Warchief Kilpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarynn View Post
    Seeing as how, like I said above, this thread isn't about the OP needing a mana break your point is moot.
    But it's still about people being asses. And I've done my share of playing nice with assholes in WoW and I'm running out of niceness towards people who can't get their head out of their asses. It would take what, 2 minutes longer in the instance if the tank would slow just a tad for the looting to be done. I can't take anyone seriously who says that it's THAT 2 minutes in their lives that is counting.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    But in general if there is a tank who doesn't even listen to healer needing a mana break I let them die. I don't give a rats ass about your dps-queues.

    Edit: Let me clarify the last part: I don't give a rats ass about your dps-queues if people in the group can't behave like a human.
    From my experience humans in general are pretty selfish dicks who don't give a shit about anyone else, so that behave like a human statement seems a little out of place there.
    God and maths? Hmm, the letter to alpha relation would be 7 - 15 - 4. Since it's all one word, it's safe to assume it's multiplication so it'd be 7*15*4=420. So realistically, god is related to cannabis? Perhaps that's what they were expecting you to write.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    And I would be sure to vote-kick you if you mess up just the slightest.
    Yeah, that wouldn't be a problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    But it's still about people being asses. And I've done my share of playing nice with assholes in WoW and I'm running out of niceness towards people who can't get their head out of their asses. It would take what, 2 minutes longer in the instance if the tank would slow just a tad for the looting to be done. I can't take anyone seriously who says that it's THAT 2 minutes in their lives that is counting.
    Please point out to me how being an ass by not slowing down is any different than being an ass by causing the group to wipe because they didn't let you click on something.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    It's like the collective psyche of WoW can't get over the sub loss, so when so much as a hotfix is announced, it's due to the sub loss. Tuesday maintenance? Due to the sub loss. Your loot didn't drop? Due to the sub loss. Your girlfriend left you? It's clearly due to the sub loss. Constipated? OBVIOUSLY because of the sub loss.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Madam View Post
    I run random dungeons for cloth drops and as a Tailor have to wait till everyone has looted to get the cloth.

    The original Cata heroics drop the most cloth as there is a ton of trash.

    I will admit to letting a few tanks die, but do warn them ahead of time that I am there for cloth, if they chose to run ahead and be a hero without me, more power to them, I can just rez the dead.
    Yep. We tailors can't even get half our loot until the rest of you loot first.

    The OP isn't asking for anything unreasonable. I always stay back and loot everything I can, too. As an enchanter, I want the greens for mats. Plus the greys vendor for a decent amount when you suddenly have piles of them. It's one of the reasons I never feel wanting for cash while others I know can barely break 5k.

    Honestly, in the end you're talking about maybe a whole minute or two being added to the run so that everyone can get what they need. Are you in that much of a hurry to get back to your capital and sit around in another queue? Or are you just so completely self absorbed that you're unable to think about the fact that other people, that are there HELPING YOU, might need something, too?

  12. #32
    It was said earlier, but I just want to second the statement that this is the end of xpac behavior. Suddenly everybody has gear that makes dungeons fairly easy and they think chain pulling is the way to go. I would agree if they understood concepts like gathering the pulls into one spot or taunting casters instead of letting them stay off in the distance casting at random party members.

    I have learned that if I can't keep up because I am forced biologically to blink once in a while and lose track of them to not be worried about it. It really is about the whole group. That does in fact mean not leaving somebody behind because you refuse to pay attention. I do the best I can but I don't usually have the guild movement speed increases and other runfast enchants. It is enough to be noticeable when I am neck and neck with someone and can see their toon pulling ahead visibly.

    If that happens and then you get sad I wasn't there to heal you in time, I suppose there really isn't anything I can tell you to make you feel better.

    It seems a waste to focus on 'etiquette' tho. The truth is my idea of polite and yours are by default going to be different. The easy way to think about it is just that people are just rotten. Chain running anything is bound to wear you down at some point.

  13. #33
    The Patient Madam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    324
    Last time I checked looting was still part of the game...mass looting will (let's hope) end this behavior...

  14. #34
    if you are re-subbing as a healer you need to learn something fast... Healers carry the group and take all the blame for everything. My 4 mains are all healers and i've run all the cata dungeons a hundred times at least. Even if your tank is chain pulling and getting 1-shotted and all your dps is at 2k, you will be the first one kicked. You can't really complain about how dungeons are now because the new HoT dungeons are even easier then the dungeons on release and everyone has better gear. Healing is easy and if you can't keep up or take being blamed in a group, then reroll dps and stop complaining on forums.

  15. #35
    The Patient Madam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    324
    Relindrani, I think you missed the point

  16. #36
    Warchief Kilpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarynn View Post
    Please point out to me how being an ass by not slowing down is any different than being an ass by causing the group to wipe because they didn't let you click on something.
    Causing the group to wipe is a dick move, I know that. But there are some things that work well in life. You want to be an ass to me and I can be an ass to you. Eye for an eye!

  17. #37
    I got the point. He asked if he should get used to it or teach them a lesson by letting them die. If he wants to gear up and not be raged or kicked then he should learn that a healer's job is to carry people in dungeons. I answered his question in the most truthful way i could from personal experience.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybutcher View Post
    I came across a joyous Shaman the other day. A Warlock friend of mine who just turned 85, and had exactly enough ilvl to start End time, we queued up and got this. Very first trash pull, with nothing even dead yet. Shaman stops completely and goes "Wait"..."Wait Wait"..."Wait Wait Wait!!!". That pack dies and I see him sitting down. He goes "why in the hell is this warlock only doing 4k dps?!?!?!?!". I said "don't worry about it, he's with me" and I proceed to pull the next pack, look over and he's still sitting. I ask "so you going to help or what?". He responds "Nope, waiting to get out of combat to kick the lock". lol wtf. After the pack dies, I initiate a kick and the Shaman gets booted. Turns out the healer (Priest) was his friend, who in turn refused to heal the group for the next however many minutes it took for kick to become active again. I asked if he was going to heal, and responded with a "not you". So, we sat around doing nothing for the ~5 minutes or whatever it was, initiated a kick and the priest left on their own. Once the replacements showed up, we 1 shot the place, even with the lock doing 5-10k.

    Kids these days...
    I remember in 4.2, my lil bro and I were doing za, my lil bro is a little noobie and the tank refused to tank the last boss because of 1 wipe. End of story is that we kicked the tank, got a new 1 and completed it.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Causing the group to wipe is a dick move, I know that. But there are some things that work well in life. You want to be an ass to me and I can be an ass to you. Eye for an eye!
    /facepalm. Your statement doesn't deserve a more elaborate response than that. Pot, kettle, black.

    Quote Originally Posted by relindrani View Post
    I got the point. He asked if he should get used to it or teach them a lesson by letting them die. If he wants to gear up and not be raged or kicked then he should learn that a healer's job is to carry people in dungeons. I answered his question in the most truthful way i could from personal experience.
    QFT.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    It's like the collective psyche of WoW can't get over the sub loss, so when so much as a hotfix is announced, it's due to the sub loss. Tuesday maintenance? Due to the sub loss. Your loot didn't drop? Due to the sub loss. Your girlfriend left you? It's clearly due to the sub loss. Constipated? OBVIOUSLY because of the sub loss.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Natus View Post
    I'm a casual player and I've been away from WoW for six months. Since I've re-subbed, I've gone straight back into dungeons, but have noticed that players are absolutely speeding through them. There's little to no communication, set-up, marking of enemies....nothing! For me, the healer, that means that I'm invariably left behind looting or just trying to catch up. The way I grew up, the tank would always wait for the healer (at least); now, the tank is the problem, chain pulling mobs and, far from keeping an eye on the healer's mana bar, he doesn't seem to care if the healer is behind him or not!

    Obviously, this has caused some deaths and associated nerd rage. While I don't have to loot every corpse or skin every reptile, I'd like my share of the loot, too, and it seems like this is a lose-lose situation for the healer. Keep up, and you end up frazzled and by-pass loot, quests, nodes, etc. Don't keep up, and you get yelled at for the rest of the party for being so slow and "where's my rez? keep in LoS, dude!"

    I know things went at a slower pace when I first learned to heal, but many tanks seem to be asking to die. Do I need to adapt to this 10-minute dungeon style, or should I just let this kids get beaten up and learn the hard way?

    Thanks!
    I would prefer a fast dungeon as well if it's not my first time there(at first time, I read dialogs, boss quotes, enjoy the dungeon etc.). If it's first time of someone be it healer, tank or dps, I respect and slow myself down, if it's not and if that person is slowing the group, I would vote him/her for a kick. Adabt or get kicked.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •