Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Seems like an awfully long way to go to do drugs. Especially with the amount of drugs all around us here.
    Oh Fuzzzie, you never fail to amuse me.

Their economy will be suffering greatly from this decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Margrim
    "Heroism sounds like an old lady picking flowers
    Bloodlust sounds like Freddy Krueger dualwielding Gnomes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Demichelis View Post
    Phantasmagorical novelization, oh great one. Art thou enraged?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    'Moral' arguments like that are only valid if it's illegal. It's in a grey area in Holland and coffee shops are legal ventures. I'm sure you'd feel equally disgusted if a city's economy took a noticeable hit if they shut all the bars and clubs right?
    It wasn't even a moral argument. It was more the fact that smoking weed at a coffee shop is (apparently) one of their primary sources of revenue. I would have the same reaction if a city's economy took a hit because of bars and clubs because it's the same thing: relying on the city's reputation and the people's vices for profit.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

the coffee shops (weed), smart shops(psychedelics), art museums (rembrandt and van gogh to name just 2), and red light district (whores behind windows and sex shows) are obviously a major attraction and reason that people go there. as an american hearing dutch, british english(the accent), german, french, italian, portuguese, spanish, flemish, and other languages alone told me that amsterdam is like a tourism capital for all of western europe as well as the world. however, after having been there 4 times the novelty of the 'legal weed' took a back seat to just how cool the culture is. just look to your right when u leave the trainstation and notice the parking garage full of BICYCLES...not cars. its truly amazing how many bikes are on the streets in this city. also anyone that is looking to go there needs to go say hi to Louie at the Pannekoekhuis Upstairs (spelling?...and it means pancake house). the dude is fucking hillarious and will make you some of the best breakfast ive had anywhere in the world. ive eatin there 5 times now and next time i go to europe, amsterdam will be a first stop for 'supplies' and some morning grub. barnies also serves breakfast but it doesnt compare and theyre more known for their herbs anyway.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    the coffee shops (weed), smart shops(psychedelics), art museums (rembrandt and van gogh to name just 2), and red light district (whores behind windows and sex shows) are obviously a major attraction and reason that people go there. as an american hearing dutch, british english(the accent), german, french, italian, portuguese, spanish, flemish, and other languages alone told me that amsterdam is like a tourism capital for all of western europe as well as the world. however, after having been there 4 times the novelty of the 'legal weed' took a back seat to just how cool the culture is. just look to your right when u leave the trainstation and notice the parking garage full of BICYCLES...not cars. its truly amazing how many bikes are on the streets in this city. also anyone that is looking to go there needs to go say hi to Louie at the Pannekoekhuis Upstairs (spelling?...and it means pancake house). the dude is fucking hillarious and will make you some of the best breakfast ive had anywhere in the world. ive eatin there 5 times now and next time i go to europe, amsterdam will be a first stop for 'supplies' and some morning grub. barnies also serves breakfast but it doesnt compare and theyre more known for their herbs anyway.
    Oh ya... having tons of bikes in the parking lot as opposed to ferrari's and lambos is sooooooo freakin awesome OMG.....