Updating BIOS on laptop motherboard now it won't start up.

Recently had the hard drive fry on the laptop so I replaced it, while I was installing all the drivers I decided to update the motherboard BIOS while I was at it since it was several years old. While updating it turned off and won't come back on, no power light/anything.

Did the computer turn off while updating? if so then you're in trouble.

Yea unfortunately. Is there a way to fix it or should I scrap it?

The laptop is basically an expensive paperweight now unfortunately. When you do bios updates NEVER let it run on battery or this will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Google the laptops model number and see if there is a CMOS reset for it - I had a laptop a few years ago do a similar thing during a BIOS update and resetting the CMOS sorted the not booting part, never attempted to flash the bios on that laptop again.

I had it plugged in, it just turned off for no reason that I know of. I'll try looking for a cmos reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    if it turned off during the update then your bios is corrupt, and you are out of luck because the only way to fix it is to replace the bios chip on the motherboard , i've never heard of a laptop with a removable bios chip or dual bios chip,

a cmos reset wont help

and while we're on the subject, BIOS is the name of the firmware, CMOS is the name of the physical chip, so you in fact reset the BIOS not the CMOS