Poll: Ret or Holy for PvP?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

PvP Paladin Spec

New PvP Paladin looking for advice: Should I play as ret or Holy? What is more desierable in RBGS and Arena?

I find it easy as Retribution especially if you don't really plan on doing any Arenas. Holy Paladins and Ret both have their niches. I find ret do really well in 2s with either another DPS or Healer.

Only if you plan on doing serious Arena should you spec Holy. In random BGs you are simply going to get CCd,focused on every second. It gets quite frustrating to be honest. I tried healing on random BGs and it was one of my worst possible gaming experiences.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    I find it easy as Retribution especially if you don't really plan on doing any Arenas. Holy Paladins and Ret both have their niches. I find ret do really well in 2s with either another DPS or Healer.

Only if you plan on doing serious Arena should you spec Holy. In random BGs you are simply going to get CCd,focused on every second. It gets quite frustrating to be honest. I tried healing on random BGs and it was one of my worst possible gaming experiences.
    I feel the opposite about healing random BG's. During S10 as Holy, I would go into BG's and it would literally take multiple people (3-4, sometimes 5) to actually kill me when I was decked in full Ruthless. But, that will come with every spec. Honestly, just play what you enjoy OP.