Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

is multiboxing Diablo 3 legal ?

ok, so here's the thing. there are only 4 players in a game.
    so why not running 4x Diablo 3 via multiboxer ?

therefore, more exp, better items ect..

If you think it's fun to turn it into single player, I don't see what's stopping you.

dont think you can use /follow, and without that multiboxing is relly hard to control

I don't see why it wouldn't be legal if it's perfectly fine to multibox in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    dont think you can use /follow, and without that multiboxing is relly hard to control
    some dudes were playing 2x Diablo 3, put the vids on youtube, and it looks like it's very easy to control, especially when you are running same characters. wizards or demon hunters.

Deleted
    I don't see why not? ^^ if you can and want.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think i'll be multiboxing, already preordered CE, now will order 3x normal boxes.
    and also im considering b=wheter i should buy gtx680 4GB or 690. dunno

Quote Originally Posted by andy_mitchelluk View Post
    ok, so here's the thing. there are only 4 players in a game.
    so why not running 4x Diablo 3 via multiboxer ?

therefore, more exp, better items ect..
    With 1 computer per license it is legal, yes.

On a side note, you can benefit from this anyway even if it's to hard to control 4 long as things stay as they are on in the beta. Though killing would be much slower. Basically, you get the added benefit of more drops not only because of the player increase, because items still drop for you while you're in town. You'll also get quest XP.

Technically as long as you are in control of all the characters then its allowable.
    Certainly in wow it can offer a competitive advantage in battleground pvp, where I feel something should be done about it, but blizzard are dragging their heels there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    With 1 computer per license it is legal, yes.

On a side note, you can benefit from this anyway even if it's to hard to control 4 long as things stay as they are on in the beta. Though killing would be much slower. Basically, you get the added benefit of more drops not only because of the player increase, because items still drop for you while you're in town. You'll also get quest XP.
    it will look like this:
    1 computer running 4x Diablo 3, not 4 computers running 1 game on each.
    also, i want all chars in action, not in town.

with controlling 4 chars at the same time, you will do 4x more dmg, than running 1 char and leaving 3 chars in town.

Isboxer is the program you want to box in d3 if you don't have it already. And here is a link to a thread about the legality of it on there forums:
    isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2220

Oh and I will box on release with 4wd ftw. And I setup up this in wow and to note you will run out of vram so fast because this program runs basically 4 full screen games. You can switch between screen/characters on the fly to make it ur main window.

Hard to say what i would recommend because both cards are imba but I am gonna do 680gtx 4gig when they come out due to how fast vram can run out. 1gig per client should be dandy And last I heard no sli/crossfire support atm but could get patch/changed later.

Quote Originally Posted by chadashcroft22 View Post
    Isboxer is the program you want to box in d3 if you don't have it already. And here is a link to a thread about the legality of it on there forums:
    isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2220

Oh and I will box on release with 4wd ftw. And I setup up this in wow and to note you will run out of vram so fast because this program runs basically 4 full screen games. You can switch between screen/characters on the fly to make it ur main window.

Hard to say what i would recommend because both cards are imba but I am gonna do 680gtx 4gig when they come out due to how fast vram can run out. 1gig per client should be dandy And last I heard no sli/crossfire support atm but could get patch/changed later.
    Just turn the resolution down on each game. Shouldn't have a problem or need a 4gb card.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

Quote Originally Posted by andy_mitchelluk View Post
    it will look like this:
    1 computer running 4x Diablo 3, not 4 computers running 1 game on each.
    also, i want all chars in action, not in town.

with controlling 4 chars at the same time, you will do 4x more dmg, than running 1 char and leaving 3 chars in town.
    I completely understood what you were saying but I was giving you an alternative because using any 3rd party software that interacts with the game is bannable at their discretion and there was a recent post by Bashiok saying something to the effect that "there's no problem multi-boxing if you're referring to it's true meaning which is multiple pcs."

I am warning you now that using a program to load multiple instances on a single computer was bannable in d2(you could do it through VM software though). I know as I've went through over 40 D2 accounts not to mention there were blue posts years ago on it. You can check d2jsp, it is very bannable, but the loader was used for more than just that. So we'll have to see.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-05-01 at 03:09 AM.

Legal and could work.

Practical ? Not really.
    Drops are different for every character, so you'd have to be watching all screens at once (or at least peak very often at other screens) if you actually care about the gear advantage.

There is no law, both federal or state that prohibits it.

If you mean does Blizzard allow it? Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legal? yes, violating ToS? i have no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Legal yes. But Blizzard has said you need 4 computers since you can only have one copy of d3 running at a time
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Legal yes. But Blizzard has said you need 4 computers since you can only have one copy of d3 running at a time
    That is very easy to get around.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    That is very easy to get around.
    You have no idea what you're talking about and you're under the assumption that because people multibox in wow that they can in diablo.. I assure you blizzard does ban for using 3rd party software to open multiple instances of their games. Even as recent as a year ago in D2 you could get banned for using d2 loader.

You see it affects the economy more in a game like Diablo than WoW. You can bet they will take the economy very seriously with the RMAH.

OP asked if it was "legal" in other words is it against the ToS. Short answer is yes, its against the ToS.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-05-01 at 03:18 AM.

"You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
    A. use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Service, any Game or any Game experience;"

-Bliz terms of service agreement for D3... kaivax referenced it in this thread on the forums within the context of the discussion as to whether or not it is legal and/or bannable.
    IMO i'd say dont do it if its not entirely worth the risk that you can, and most likely will (within some manner of time) get banned for it.