Crazy contraption for smoking indoors

Hey fellas. So my friend has this lil window in his room in the basement. And we wanna smoke (tobacco of course... since I'm pretty sure i can't mention smoking illegal drugs on this board?) and we don't want the room to smell.

So I was thinking. Why not take a long plastic tube, the kind with the "ripples" that's sometimes found in ducts, if you know what I'm talking about. And put one end out the window, and install a little computer fan in the other side. And simply blow the smoke in that general direction. Genius, or what?

It will probably still smell regardless.

you could just get a hooka and smoke flavored tobacco that smells good.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was actually thinking about doing something like that with my hookah, but still think my roommate would kill me heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    University: Flagstaff, AZ Summer: Phoenix, AZ
    I never tried this but I was told that if you take like a paper towel or toiled paper roll and rubber band some dryer sheets on to one end and blow into it on the other end it wont smell. You may also have to direct it out the window/use a fan of some sort. This was like 2 years ago but i was told it works perfectly.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

I like Caesar salads. I'll be the first to admit it. But what I really can't stand is a salad with way too much dressing on it. It really ruins the salad.

Your post is so drenched in frustration and sarcasm that it's really ruining my salad.

101 for smoking inside. I used to do this when i was younger...

1. Get a plastic water bottle
    2. Take off the cap
    3. Burn a hole(usually did mine about the size of a quarter) at the very bottom of the bottle
    4. Get fabric softeners/dryer sheets (bounty, or something similar) and shove about 4-5 inside the bottle, depending on the size of the waterbottle
    5. Smoke, and EXHALE ONLY through the *sploof*. DO NOT INHALE as you will be inhaling fabric softener/dryer sheets.
    6. Successfully smoke indoors.

Edit: YES this works. I have used this multiple multiple times when smoking where I was at was not acceptable and gotten away with it. Still to this day no one knows about it. Even if you used the stankiest dankest weed out there a good sploof can eradicate the smell.
    i have no signature, because carrots.

Great, thanks guys. How often do you think I have to swap out the dryer sheets?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lived in a smokeless apartments for a year. Smoked e-cigs indoors during that time. It slowly took my addiction away from normal cigarettes. I still smoke daily, but I can't go through 3 in the same hour without feeling a little sick.

I only used the sploof for *cough* herbs *cough*, so i didn't really use it all that much. After awhile you'll notice that the dryer sheets will change color, depending on the herb the color will change, but for tobacco i think it will be something darker. Usually you only need to change or rotate the first sheet, closest towards where you exhaling (the bottle cap head).

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 11:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Liquid is GREAT for trapping gas

Not quite sure how well your idea would work. You would have to have the bottle squeezed in, to allow for the smoke and air to go into the bottle and make it expand.

The shaking idea to get rid of the water SHOULD work, the only problem would be getting all the smoke inside the bottle without it getting everywhere.

ALSO, forgot to mention this: If you use a pipe/cig/cigar/anything that gives off smoke that DOESN'T go into your body and through the sploof, everything you did to prevent the smell will pretty much be useless since the smell of smoke is usually stronger than that of dryer sheets.

Again, ALSO, spray some air wick, or some sort of air freshener if you screw up the first couple times.

It's hard to trust such a small contraption, but i can assure you if done correctly your smoking area will smell like dryer sheets, not whatever you are smoking
    i have no signature, because carrots.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you aren't industrious enough to build your own sploof (see also: lazy), http://smokebuddy.com/
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.