Anyone know why the servers shut down 2 hours earlier than usual (4/30/12)??

We'd banked on it shutting down at the usual time. Just finishing Battle of Corellia w/ a newly minted 50th lvl Trooper. Boom--dragged us out before it finished. Kind of irritating!

Did we misread the time, and not see something about an earlier shut down to the night, or what?!

BTW, um....we just supposed to evacuate straight through the 230K HP droids (3 at each exit) OR... That's where I was going with it--just run, run, run, and hope to not go down too many times before escaping.

Altogether, not a satisfactory Tor night....

If you read the note at the starting screen, been there for over a day, it said that maint. would be at midnight CDT.

Did you factor in time zones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiero Thorne View Post
    We'd banked on it shutting down at the usual time. Just finishing Battle of Corellia w/ a newly minted 50th lvl Trooper. Boom--dragged us out before it finished. Kind of irritating!

Did we misread the time, and not see something about an earlier shut down to the night, or what?!

BTW, um....we just supposed to evacuate straight through the 230K HP droids (3 at each exit) OR... That's where I was going with it--just run, run, run, and hope to not go down too many times before escaping.

Altogether, not a satisfactory Tor night....
    Just read the lettering on the launcher. Its not guaranteed to shut down at the same time every patch night. The time listed was in fact correct.

Ah, usually the time is midnight PDT, and I made an assumption. We don't need to follow through with that thought -- (she says as she waves her hand like a Jedi, willing everyone to go on about their business without noticing her failings anymore...)

Read the launcher? It tells you why the servers are shutting down 2 hours early.

I'm not typing out the whole message, but the first three lines:
    All game servers are currently unavailable for schedule maintenance. We expect the servers to be available again at 4AM CDT (2AM PDT/5AM EDT/10AM BST/11AM CEST/7PM AEST). In recognition of it being a holiday for most European countries, we have moved up maintenance time by two hours.

Who gives a fuck if it's a commie holiday in Europe?

<Mod edit:Please post constructively>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-05-01 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    I bet you wouldn't feel that way if there was a holiday in U.S.A.
    Last edited by Sebbah; 2012-05-01 at 06:42 AM.

Thats just lol, I dont "care" about if other countrys have holiday but im okey with that.

And about the server shut down times is always effect someone as they still dont have zone specific. Its really lame to wake up and notice it will be 30min before maintance and not 30min left before servers are up

But hey, I rather have stabil servers and fix going in instead of bugs etc.
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

10+ Year Old Account
    Ur commie holiday is in september, ours in may http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_Day
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

It's not even solely a European holiday. Learn some stuff before being offensive.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-05-01 at 07:00 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post
    Ur commie holiday is in september, ours in may http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_Day
    Yup and I wouldn't feel entitled to having the maintenance schedule reworked to accommodate it.

---------- Post added 2012-05-01 at 07:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It's not even solely a European holiday. Learn some stuff before being offensive.
    Other commie countries. What a surprise.

short answer..: european holiday and Bioware being nice trying to accomodate them

BW decided to be nice to Europeans and make the server times slightly more convenient for them.. how accurate this is im not 100% sure but i spose they appreciate it.
    not being from Europe i dont mind servers being offline earlier ill just go sleep instead.

Deleted
    To be honest, I dont give that much shit why I have a holiday, just happy that I dont need to go to work. I am not religous, but I am still happy for the christmas and easter holidays.
    I was indeed touched that Bioware took this holiday in consideration when planing the maintenance. They earned a point in my book, that not every thing is just US.

Yup and I wouldn't feel entitled to having the maintenance schedule reworked to accommodate it.

---------- Post added 2012-05-01 at 07:07 AM ----------

Other commie countries. What a surprise.
    I'm in the Philippines, I'm pretty sure we're not fucking communist.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Derailed thread and really it doesn't create any constructive discussions to make a thread about an extra 2 hours of downtime.