Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I think those encounters will be objective based. Actually, I am fairly sure of it. There is no other way for Anet to enforce mechanics with this combat system. Totally fine by the way- if I wanted to raid a script there are plenty of gamer offering that already. It simply amuses me many projected on to GW2 this equity of content types that simply can't be possible in the GW2 combat environment. Which I was proven correct on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I think those encounters will be objective based. Actually, I am fairly sure of it. There is no other way for Anet to enforce mechanics with this combat system. Totally fine by the way- if I wanted to raid a script there are plenty of gamer offering that already. It simply amuses me many projected on to GW2 this equity of content types that simply can't be possible in the GW2 combat environment. Which I was proven correct on.
    Doing those encounters with a directed script of objectives as you propose would seem plausible if it were not for the fact that I remember that the Shatterer objective was nothing more than 'defeat the Shatterer,' and did not give any specific objectives. :P I think that ANet wouldn't be afraid to give us vague or no instructions on how to defeat a big DE because the punishment for failure - unlike other MMOs where you dust yourself off, buff up, and pull the boss again - is instead that the world changes in some way, leading to other DEs.

In any case, and perhaps off topic, I totally cannot tell if you like GW2 or have a distinct distaste for it. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Crappy rewards and small amount of karma is not going to be a meaningful reward for a character who could spend his time doing a high level event that will earn much better rewards and far more karma.

You're not even going to overpower the low level events, as you will be scaled down, removing most of not all reward-based motivators to visit low level areas.

I can see someone pulling mionelol and soloing shadow behemoth etc off prime time for kicks, but that's going to be rare.