Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Post Humanity's Emperor

Imagine that recently a man revealed himself to be a superhuman being who is many a millenia old and still retains his perfect physique and mental health. He appears as a man in the prime of his life, he stands seven and a half feet tall with white but tanned skin and thick black hair. He claims he started all the prominent religions of the world as experiments earlier in his life. He says he was what we call Abraham, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, all the key human figures in the popular religions of the day. He has since decided religion is useless and only a detriment to human kind. He possesses superb psychic abilities and can destroy a man with a mere glance, as well as see into the future. His intellect is unimaginably powerful. He can survive from things that would kill a normal man a hundred times over and does not age, being several thousand years old already.

This man wants to unite all of humanity and establish a one world government that he rules as the supreme leader, the Emperor of Mankind. He claims he will establish a government based on the principals of science, space colonization, and the advancement of humanity in general through genetics and technology. His supreme goal is to establish the Milky Way Galaxy as a galaxy wide human civilization. His empire will be atheistic and he is adamant that he himself should never be worshiped as a god, rather that science prevail over all. He is not opposed to violence in the least bit, and his future empire will use violence to suppress heresy and unruliness if it comes to it, but he has the betterment of humanity as a whole on his mind.

This man already has three billion people as his servants, entire countries including China, Japan, UK, and all of Africa completely pledge themselves to him, giving their entire arsenals of weaponry to his cause. So here is what this is coming to, the question. Would you pledge yourself to this superhuman man bent on establishing an empire with himself as supreme leader? This would entail you doing whatever his current empire calls for, be it military service or engineering or what have you. If you ally with him you will potentially be killing people you would have never turned on in an older war that was country vs country. Americans will have to kill Americans, French will kill French, etc. Or will you resist his rule out of resentment for a dictator like government or whatever reason you might have? If you resist, you will also have to fight your own people and if it came down to your side losing, the emperor would have people judge you to decide if you accept him as ruler, and if you truly don't you will be executed.

Question is in the final paragraph and is bolded but please don't just read the question and give an answer, knowing who the man is is an important part of the question. And yes you 40k fans, you don't even need to point it out=].
    I never expressly stated that I am talking about 40k's Emperor of Mankind, so don't hate on people who are responding to the question without him in mind.
    Last edited by bekilrwale; 2012-05-02 at 07:31 PM.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if serious...

Infracted
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-05-02 at 07:28 PM.

Deleted
    FOR THE EMPEROR

( hope you got your answer )

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes i would we would probaly get alot better of it. Id still find him an ass for starting religion to ( won't go into that it might offend ppl ).
    Will he also create the space marines and battle orks in space? if so sign me up.

Deleted
    If you dont pledge to him you get a visit from the Ordo Hereticus, no contest really. All hail our new God.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will he also create the space marines and battle orks in space?
    You better believe it, and everyone who posts here allying with him gets to be a space marine!
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Deleted
    are we talking about superhumans/immortals like nicolas cage and keanu reeves?

Hell Yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bekilrwale View Post
    You better believe it, and everyone who posts here allying with him gets to be a space marine!
    Shame they have no genitals, can I be an Inquisitor? Many people say I have a mean streak.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, he's immortal.

Who would honestly oppose that which cannot be killed? The US wouldn't, France wouldn't, nobody would...

Ridiculous post is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death to the false Emperor.

So this happened in 40k lore? If so, holy crap, I had no idea... So he is like the progenitor Space Marine o_O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arisfarreach View Post
    So, he's immortal.

Who would honestly oppose that which cannot be killed? The US wouldn't, France wouldn't, nobody would...

He cannot be killed, but you can mess him up so bad that he can't do anything ever again. Horus says hi.....

So, he's immortal.

Immortal in the sense that he doesn't die to old age, not that he cannot be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    He cannot be killed, but you can mess him up so bad that he can't do anything ever again. Horus says hi.....
    He's effectively dead. The Golden Throne sustains him and that is currently failing in the setting and when the Golden Throne fails completely the Emperor will in fact die.

Yes time to purge and expand. We are at the brink and will fall if not for the God-Emperor and his angels of death

Deleted
    For those of you who don't understand the comments and yes, that is TB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Hmmm... Down with the emperor. I don't wanna be some god-like beasts slave for the rest of my life.

Suffer not the unclean to live!

So, he's immortal.

People oppose ideas every day. I myself would find the idea of giving up freedom just to stay alive repugnant.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he can't be killed and can kill at any distance with a thought, sure I'd go for that. He's pretty much a god at that point.

If, however, he weren't prescient and could be killed or dumped in a block of concrete or something, yeah, I'd probably oppose him.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Blood for the Blood God! Oh wait wrong god... =S Yeah sign me up for some Tyranid whacking with chainswords!

In all seriousness though, I guess I would. It would probably make human advance as a race and I want to go to space within my lifetime =P I believe uniting everyone would be a good thing, and since he's immortal and can pwn everyone with his uberhaxxmind I guess we would not have a choice =)