Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Not really sure how being in a 8/8 hc 25m player makes a difference.
    When I'm talking about being globalled, it makes an enormous difference.

25 man means more healers, less risk of one healer being globalled. In a 10man, being globalled on Heroic Warmaster near the end is a very real possibility if your partner fucks up on a roar. It's also possible on the horrors on madness in 10s, while far less likely to happen there in 25s.

I mentioned my progress as an indication of gear and the fights I'm speaking in regards to. If I said I was 8/8normal and then said I've never been globalled this tier, wouldn't that tell you something?

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 12:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by saintlyn View Post
    Is it true holy paladins can solo heal HM ultra?
    With decent enough gear you could do it at 0%. Now it's a cakewalk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hyggja View Post
    When I'm talking about being globalled, it makes an enormous difference.

25 man means more healers, less risk of one healer being globalled. In a 10man, being globalled on Heroic Warmaster near the end is a very real possibility if your partner fucks up on a roar. It's also possible on the horrors on madness in 10s, while far less likely to happen there in 25s.

I mentioned my progress as an indication of gear and the fights I'm speaking in regards to. If I said I was 8/8normal and then said I've never been globalled this tier, wouldn't that tell you something?
    Ye I guess, just so rare that when people say their progress they actually have something to give to the discussion, my bad for not actually thinking it through.

And ye I heal 10m hc (just got 8/8 hc @15%) and people can not really be globaled, that was bad wording on my part but for example during hagara lightning phase on 10m where youll have 2 person running each side connecting it I use AW and DF and spam the 3 targets that dont have beacon with FoL (pre nerf it was almost mandatory because while you can keep 1 or 2 people up with DL you wont have enough time for all 3+bacon target).

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure it was mentioned but always look if you have a defensive cooldown ready for yourself before putting hand of sacrifice on a tank... Or make sure you have a ress available for you. Multiple times I have sacrificed myself, sometimes accidentally, forgetting to use a cooldown on myself, however sometimes even if you don't have a defensive cooldown ready, it is better to die yourself and get ressed and an innervate instead of getting a dead tank, especially on a one tank fight. However that is more for progress fights, not needed for farm anymore, don't think there are many things that really hurt tanks so brutally when we have DS nerfed as much as it is now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolenethil View Post
    DO NOT use healing addons like Vuhdoo. Use something like Grid and get used to mouseover macros and keybinding. You will have a faster reaction time.
    Don't try to pass off opinions as facts. I massively out heal all healers i've ever met, and when they ask how I can react so fast and what macros I use I tell them I use VuhDo. Each to their own friend, but there is no benefit to either unless you feel more comfortable with one style or the other.

Nothing I can tell you that hasn't already been said. Just remember to make the most of your Hand of Sacrifice, it is really an amazing cooldown not used enough by most paladins.

---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 12:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by saintlyn View Post
    Is it true holy paladins can solo heal HM ultra?
    Been doing it since 0% nerf, it was a pain but doable. Now-a-days any Paladin can easily do without breaking a sweat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk Brewslee View Post
    Don't try to pass off opinions as facts. I massively out heal all healers i've ever met, and when they ask how I can react so fast and what macros I use I tell them I use VuhDo. Each to their own friend, but there is no benefit to either unless you feel more comfortable with one style or the other.

Nothing I can tell you that hasn't already been said. Just remember to make the most of your Hand of Sacrifice, it is really an amazing cooldown not used enough by most paladins.
    I'm not 100% sure about vuhdo but is that the one where you assign a mouse-key to a spell?
    If not whats the difference between it and grid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I'm not 100% sure about vuhdo but is that the one where you assign a mouse-key to a spell?
    If not whats the difference between it and grid.
    In grid you assign a keyboard key (mouseover macro) to a spell and in vuhdo you assign a mouse key to a spell or macro. So lets say you want to cast divine light in vuhdo and grid, in vudho you will mouse over the target and click, for example, shift+right mouse button and in grid you will mouse over a target and click, once again, for example, ctrl+q. However I really don't see how your reaction time is worse or better with one of the addons. You do essentially the same thing, need exactly the same ammount of time to mouse over and click. Imo anyone saying that one addon is better than the other one is just a fanboy/girl of the particular addon.

Deleted
    I'm sorry I've been neglecting this thread for so long, I've been kept very busy healing heroics I would really not like to try single-healing ultraxion yet. But I do feel more and more confident healing. Not been very lucky with the drops lately so I hope next week brings some tier gear my way. here's a link to my armory, I noticed the other day I should respec slightly, but have not had a chance yet. eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blades-edge/Satille/simple. Add your own http as I can't use links yet. I have swapped to using mouse-over macro's which seem to work fine for me. Atm we are wiping on Hagara, mostly due to the unfamiliarity of the fight. My mana regen and I seem to be friends again, but seeing as I am still behind the other healers I should maybe do more bigger spells. I have some trouble seeing things like FA coming, so that also needs some practice.

I want to thank you all for devoting some time to help a woman new to the class out with advice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Satt View Post
    I'm sorry I've been neglecting this thread for so long, I've been kept very busy healing heroics I would really not like to try single-healing ultraxion yet. But I do feel more and more confident healing. Not been very lucky with the drops lately so I hope next week brings some tier gear my way. here's a link to my armory, I noticed the other day I should respec slightly, but have not had a chance yet. eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blades-edge/Satille/simple. Add your own http as I can't use links yet. I have swapped to using mouse-over macro's which seem to work fine for me. Atm we are wiping on Hagara, mostly due to the unfamiliarity of the fight. My mana regen and I seem to be friends again, but seeing as I am still behind the other healers I should maybe do more bigger spells. I have some trouble seeing things like FA coming, so that also needs some practice.

I want to thank you all for devoting some time to help a woman new to the class out with advice.
    What tank classes do you have for ultraxion and also for hagara?
    If its a bear or dk tank on hagara that makes the FA a lot easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    but seeing as I am still behind the other healers I should maybe do more bigger spells
    I will assume that you are running 10 mans as you mentioned solo healing ultraxion. On hagara holy paladins are generally behind holy priests and resto druids, if you are beaten by those there, there is nothing wrong with your hps, simply because on 10 man most of the damage comes from the lightning phase and you are really spread out then, our aoe heal is pretty much useless while a tranq or a hymn can easily get the whole raid up.

DBM should give you a heads up on FA. Depending on the class tanking they can be a pain, especially with 1 or 2 healers ice tombed. I might suggest a cooldown rotation for it. We usually have the warrior popping his own cooldowns on the first 2 FA's and I pop sacrifice on the 3rd (theres only 3 in between specials). Occassionally (especially with a fast executed lightning phase) the new "phase 1" comes to fast and some of the stuff is still on CD, you could use another class taunting Hagara (we use a ele shammy for that). The tank taunts back and you pretty much avoided a good bit of FA.

As for the falling behind on healing bit, paladin HPS completly crashes when you need to move alot. What I do to counter that is just standing in the middle on both frost and lightning phase. You can reach most of the raid and you barely have to move. You might want to put BoL on yourself though (especially in frost). I struggled there in the beginning aswell, nowadays I usually end on top.