Deleted

So I want to make a Rogue UI.

I want to start making my UI for my rogue, I need to to have the essentials for raiding/pvp and I need to be able to make it fairly simple/ clutter free would like to enlist the help of you fellow Champs to help me compile a list of addons.
    Such as the following few examples.
    -TidyPlates
    -DBM
    Thanks for the help in advance.

Deleted
    Bartender
    Titan Panel
    Poisoner
    IceHUD
    Shadowed Unit Frames

Deleted
    I'll just list the addons I use, maybe you can find something helpful in the middle of those.

UI related - Core:
    Bartender.
    NeedToKnow.
    Cooldown Count.
    EnergyWatch.
    NugCombobar.
    Shadowed Unit Frames.
    Tidy Plates.

UI related - Optional:
    ButtonFacade.
    Clique (saves buttons)
    Recount.
    Power Auras.
    Quartz.
    SpammageMeters.

Raiding addons:
    DBM.
    GTFO.
    Evl's Interrupt.
    TrickOrTreat.
    ReforgeSaver.

Extra things that make my life easier, or just addons I like:
    SpeakinSpell. *
    Collectinator.
    Altaholic.
    Atlasloot.
    Cutup.
    Poisoner.

*Depending on how you use this, it can also be very valuable in combat or while raiding. Mine does multiple things ranging from announcing what target I CCed as well as making me shout random things or emotes when I use certain abilities.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2012-05-01 at 01:57 PM.

Power Aura's
    BattleGroundTargets
    icehud is nice
    flurry time for combat
    Sexy Cooldowns is nice
    NPC Scan if you like killing rares
    Clique if you wanna have mouse over blind etc
    GladiatorlosSA for PVP Not sure if still works mines been off a bit
    taunt tattle if you wanna know whos taunting in raids
    Last edited by KeirAdish; 2012-05-01 at 01:58 PM.

I just made a ui.. (on my mac atm ill post a screenie later) But I use the following for raiding and pvp

Bartender
    Shadowed Unit Frames
    Miks Scrolling Combat Text
    Power auras
    Rogue Power Bars
    Comergy
    OmniCC
    Needtoknow
    Gladius
    BattleGround Targets

The stuff I'm using in PvE:

Bartender
    Mik's Scrolling Battle Text
    Need To Know
    Weakauras (to track legendary proc)
    NugComboBar
    OmniCC
    Poisoner
    Skada
    X-Perl (thinking about Shadowed Unit Frames instead)
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

My UI is in the sig.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

RealUI is a very clutter free UI and pretty advanced for install and updates.

I use:

TellMeWhen
    DBM
    ComboPoints Redux
    Geist
    Recount
    Omen
    Chinchilla Map
    BindPad
    Poisoner
    OmniCC
    MoveAnything (to pull the enemy castbar to center screen for interrupts)

I also use Titan Panel but that's for other information that doesn't concern combat

I personally use IceHUD almost exclusively. TellMeWhen is very nice as well.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use...

01. Rogue Focus Classic -- to track combo points, target health, and my health. It's outdated, but doesn't cause any problems.
    02. Need to Know -- to track buffs and debuffs.
    03. Power Auras -- I create custom icons and graphics to let me know when certain CDs are ready to use.
    04. Omni CC -- to help me interrupt critical spells when I'm on int duty.

Back in the day, I wanted my UI to be approachable by other people, and I've kept that goal for my UI.

I use Dominos for buttons. I do this so that I can shrink the icons and stack them, but I still keep the general idea with the Blizzard UI- I even have right bar and right bar 2 on the right, just like they would be in the default UI, but smaller. This gives me more room and lets me see more of everything.

I use Comergy for my energy and combo points. Comergy is absolutely amazing, and not just because you can set the energy bar to change colors through the rainbow as you fill up on energy. You can make the combo points different colors, and different sizes. So I have this bar that is visible only below 100 energy or in combat, and it's basically right under my feet. It has a little line that can show you your health and the boss's health too- these lines are very narrow, but the information is there right where your fovea is a lot.

Now, what about combat rotational things? I use SliceAdmiral, and I make the bars very small and originate below Comergy. SliceAdmiral is nice because I can tell at a glance how long I have on my timers. I find that I pretty much don't even look at this as combat (where the only timer that is relevant is slice and dice)- but even then, it is valuable, as it can be set to play a sound as the timer is timing out, and another sound when it expires. I choose a soft rattle- my reasoning is that you'll get used to and pick out whatever sound effect you choose, so pick one not stupid or annoying. As sub this is really cool, because if I glance down and see my recup and slice at similar numerical values, I know I'll need to pool to make that part work ok, etc. It's also good for assassination, as it shows you envenom right next to the others.

SliceAdmiral sitting next to Comergy is VERY valuable. I can't stress enough how powerful these two (or similar ones) end up being.

I also use Bandit's Guile Helper. This is obviously only good as combat, and it sits there looking ugly the rest of the time. I position this to the left of the comergy bar. The reason this is so good is because it shows you where you are in the cycle- for instance, it will show you yellow with a 2 and a 14. The two means you are in yellow two, the 14 means you have 14 seconds. That final number only matters as red, but the first number matters in all the other cases.

The latest addition is Weak Auras, which I configured to use a model (I chose spell portal purple) and fill the screen when I have Fury of the Destroyer active. I chose the lightning sound. This means when the legendary proc happens, I get a whirling purple model across the ENTIRE screen, which is badass, but as large of an effect, the important part is that it has very low alpha- I can still see everything happening. There's no missing wings now! I also created another weak aura for Shadows of the Destroyer, this one using the icon, and it just shows stacks. I put it pretty little and right next to the Bandit's Guile Helper. This way I can see my stacks if I want without having to go hunting.

What could get better?

1> I would like something that shows buff durations as linear in space by time. For instance I'd like a version of Slice Admiral where I pull a box or extend a line after moving it, and then pick a number of seconds- I would choose like 30 seconds. Any times greater than this would fill that space, and any times less than this would shrink proportionally. This would mean that rupture at full duration would only go halfway across the place, for instance, which is fine. By default, SliceAdmiral only starts shrinking the bar when it is at less than 6 seconds. While fine for combat (where you really just need to know that you have 2 to 7 seconds left), it is frustrating for sub, where I still have to focus on those numbers to make my decisions. I would definitely like 15 seconds and 24 seconds to show the same linear distance between them as 2 and 4 seconds do currently- that way I would be able to see when expirations will be close without thinking numbers.

2> I would like something that would track whatever I actually have combo points on, so I could switch back to that with a button. I don't know if this is in the power of an addon though.

3> Is there something that will track the ICD of HAT?

4> I'd like something to show me as a NUMBER how much energy I'm getting back a second. This would rise with heroism and AR, and average out based on other things.

These are my pve addons, and my pve wishlist.

Deleted
    can see and down load my ui here

twitch.tv/tgdunix/b/316905081

addon list is:
    Elvui
    Power Aura
    Skada
    Omen
    DBM
    ------
    optional addons:
    atlasloot
    auctionator
    reforgerade

I use
    Pitbull
    Grid
    ComboPointTracker
    PowerAuras
    Prat
    Sunnart
    Bartender4
    As far as raiding addons I use
    DBM
    OmniCC (Tracks time remaining on CDs)

Sunnart and prat aren't needed but they make the UI look smoother. Grid isn't needed as well but I use it because I like to see what's going on with others in the raid, and for this it's a better option than default UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    My UI is in the sig.
    Thats one very sexy and simple UI sir

Go with the minimum amount of addons you think you need. Otherwise its not you playing the game, just a bunch of addons playing for you. I wwould suggest

DBM(if your raid or pvp)
    Ommni CC
    Gladius(if you pvp)
    Poisoner

Thats all you really need

Quote Originally Posted by Spambush View Post
    Go with the minimum amount of addons you think you need. Otherwise its not you playing the game, just a bunch of addons playing for you. I wwould suggest

DBM(if your raid or pvp)
    Ommni CC
    Gladius(if you pvp)
    Poisoner

Thats all you really need
    Is your car driving itself because your tach/speedo/other gauges are where you can see them instead of pasted to the top of the driver's side door?

I definitely recommend getting your resources out of the upper left. That is a ludicrous place to be looking, and looking away from the action hurts you. Attention span is finite.

10+ Year Old Account
    To further Verain's comment...

Attention span may even be infinite, but my peripheral vision is not so powerful as to see my buffs as they update, debuffs/CP on the target center-screen, and my HP/energy top left, with time left on CDs center bottom/far right. That's just not going to happen.

The list here looks fairly complete, unless people have some that weren't mentioned already that might be used in place of those up, or some I'm not familiar with (oooh).