Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Do you think that Diablo will be a female?

I am not sure how many of you have followed the Sheablo theory, but those of you have, do you think it is actually possible for Diablo to be a female incarnation this time around?

Also, does the idea of having a female "main" villain affect your opinion of the game?

Last edited by Jersovic; 2012-05-01 at 02:03 PM.

Insert she-devil all women are evil joke here.

Seriously though, it'll be a male. Or an it. This is because the iconic depiction of Diablo in the series has always been this hulking, musclebound thing and to make it female would involve a complete redesign that would make it look more like a succubus. The appearance of Diablo himself didn't change from D1 to D2...there's no reason for them to do it now in D3, especially with nostalgia being an important selling point of the series.

Deleted
    They're always speaking about the 3 brothers. Mephisto, Baal and Diablo. So no.

And there could be a female "main" villain. If they introduce the female demon that started the human race. Maybe for a expansion.

Deleted
    From what I've read on this board people have been guessing that Diablo will be Leah or her mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumu View Post
    Insert she-devil all women are evil joke here.

Seriously though, it'll be a male. Or an it. This is because the iconic depiction of Diablo in the series has always been this hulking, musclebound thing and to make it female would involve a complete redesign that would make it look more like a succubus. The appearance of Diablo himself didn't change from D1 to D2...there's no reason for them to do it now in D3, especially with nostalgia being an important selling point of the series.
    I don't know, those Sheablo theorists make a pretty convincing argument, but then again so does this guy..

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some speculations are leading to well Leah whos apparently the daughter of the D1 warrior which in turn the D1 Warrior known as Aiden at the time became Diablo himself within D2 and well he apparently had relations withAidriah and well Leah is well speculated to be the Daughter of those two.

She may be connected to Diablo still within in a way due to her blood of her father.

But this is all speculation mind you

I was under the assumption that the guy from the "Black Soulstone" trailer they released at Blizzcon was the new badass in this game, what is his role if Diablo is still the end villain? (Didn't play D1 or D2 so bare with me if it's blatantly obvious)

edit: Azmodan was his name if I recall

i heard something about the prophecy's foretelling that terror would consume hope (Or something along lines of that).
    And that Hope is supposedly somekind of female angel (and terror being Diablo), which would explain his more feminine chararistics in the CGI's.

Diablo's never had any dangly bits and has never worn any clothing so one has to assume it is genderless.

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    I was under the assumption that the guy from the "Black Soulstone" trailer they released at Blizzcon was the new badass in this game, what is his role if Diablo is still the end villain? (Didn't play D1 or D2 so bare with me if it's blatantly obvious)

Just a boss. Diablo and his brothers will always be the main bosses :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakisoba View Post
    Just a boss. Diablo and his brothers will always be the main bosses :P.
    It would be kind of weird to call the game "Diablo" and not have him be a main villain, lol!!!!

demons dont have specific genders... they may have genderspecific visual properties but thats just about it.

Deleted
    Isn't that just Kerrigan painted in blue?

Edit.
    That picture is from 2009. Its possible most of the artists were busy on SC2 and Cataclysm, and Blizzard just used some old model (of Kerrigan?) to get the video ready by time.
    Last edited by mmoc44e8a7d19c; 2012-05-01 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo, Baal and Mephisto are often referred as brothers, so I doubt it.

But if Diablo will be female this time around, I wouldn't care, just as long as I can kill and loot it!

Deleted
    If you look at the lore, probably not.

Blizz described Diablo as taking multiple different forms over time. They said we'd never seen his true form. The art from D3 repeatedly depicts him as looking feminine at some point in the game. Speculation often leans toward him taking on initial shapes reminiscent of his most recent host. Say Leah, for instance. Diablo didn't look the same from beginning to end in Diablo 2. He had a single dramatic transformation we got to watch in a cut scene, but that doesn't mean it has to go this way this time around. Blizzard stating we've never seen his true form does seem like a hint at something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo is a male demon, sure, but he uses the corporeal bodies of mortals to manifest himself in Sanctuary. This means that if he uses a female body, such as Leah, he may indeed appear with feminine features. His body may in fact be female, but the demon within remains male.

Think of it in the terms of Supernatural - demons can possess any body they want, regardless of the gender of their meat suit. That being said, demons themselves still have genders, regardless of who they're possessing.

Major spoiler, be warned. It's info I've read and listen to from Force stragegy and from the Diablofans forums.

A lot of talk at diablofans.com/Force suggests that Leah is Diablo in D3. All about that the dark wanderer, the warrior from Diablo 1 is her father and Adria is her mother. So it's all about the familiy-tragedy! But can't be sure until we play the game

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember reading that the major demons do not have a sex type, they can be anything they want to be at will. So does it matter? It might be both?
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post

Azmodan is a Lesser Evil along with Durial and Andariel and some other demons. Baal, Mephisto and Diablo are the Prime Evils, but now that they are (apparently) gone, the Lesser Evils are trying to claim all the power....

On topic: Diablo is and will always e male. Yes he has a very small hip now, and? He's a freakin' demon!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann