Poll: Which title is coolest / gives most prestige?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    When i held the Gladiator title, it made every person under the sun attack me... constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Doesn't mean you're a good player.
    I doubt many casuals and crap players got Scarab Lord. The questline involved completing several 40-man raids (often with time-limits, like in BWL, you had five hours to kill Nefarion after talking to Vaelastraz to get the quest piece), downing world bosses, grinding rep, farming rare/expensive crafting materials.

You really think that, considering all that, that any guild will just give it to a scrub player?

Besides, wasn't this effectively only available to 2-3 characters per realm, simply due to the work involved and the limited window of opportunity to complete the final stage?

Death knights got scarab lord at level 80.......

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tigojones View Post
    I doubt many casuals and crap players got Scarab Lord. The questline involved completing several 40-man raids (often with time-limits, like in BWL, you had five hours to kill Nefarion after talking to Vaelastraz to get the quest piece), downing world bosses, grinding rep, farming rare/expensive crafting materials.

You really think that, considering all that, that any guild will just give it to a scrub player?

Besides, wasn't this effectively only available to 2-3 characters per realm, simply due to the work involved and the limited window of opportunity to complete the final stage?
    Or xfer at this X point of history within a new server with the AQ gates closed thus full filling Scarab lord of 100+ People who xfer to X server which gate was closed. Though this is no longer possible since every ''New'' server has It's gates opened thus nulling that ''Way''

However I don't think you've known that have you?

In other words, It was easy at an X point of time where you can xfer to ''New servers'' since their gates were closed and people who have kept the quest could of well gone to that server and gotten Scarab lord by banging the gong. It's how well a bunch of people got Scarab lord
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-05-01 at 07:53 PM.

Personally, I think <Name> the Camel-Hoarder is the most prestigious title you can get.

Undying? I have that on my alt rogue. All you had to do was get 10 ICC geared people and zerg Naxx. Wasn't even close to hard.

Deleted
    Salty. I'd rather be fishing than PvPing.

But from that list I think Gladiator is a better choice.

Out of those 3: Gladiator. However the most hardcore title is either the Arena Master or the Bloodthirsty I'd have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    Or xfer at this X point of history within a new server with the AQ gates closed thus full filling Scarab lord of 100+ People who xfer to X server which gate was closed. Though this is no longer possible since every ''New'' server has It's gates opened thus nulling that ''Way''

However I don't think you've known that have you?

In other words, It was easy at an X point of time where you can xfer to ''New servers'' since their gates were closed and people who have kept the quest could of well gone to that server and gotten Scarab lord by banging the gong. It's how well a bunch of people got Scarab lord
    It was "easy" at one point, sure. But how many people actually went and did it? How often do you see a character with Scarab Lord these days? Sure, a "lot" of people may have got the title due to exploiting character transfers and newer servers, however, "lot" is relative. I've been playing since that patch was released (I think I was level 30 or so when they actually opened the gates) and I've seen maybe two guys with the title/mount since. One guy showing off the mount/title in Org just after he got it, and once shortly before the Pre-Cataclysm events when, again, one guy (with his guild behind him) pulled out his mount and title and rode around Org.

In comparison, I see people with the Gladiator title, or one of the corresponding mounts, daily.

My point? Scarab Lord was only available for such a short time, such a long time ago (1.9 was released in 2006), and as people from those days stop playing, the number of Scarab Lords will continue to shrink. On the other hand, we're always going to have Gladiators and Battlemasters.

Hearld of the Titans, has a nice ring to it, and you can't just face roll it.
    Priest/DeeKay
    Support are troops

Deleted
    Gladiator is only badass when you see it on someone playing in a non-faceroll setup.
    Otherwise its just "oh.. he plays one of the fotm classes and found 2 others who also plays fotm.. cool..."

bads play fotm and get glad without keybinds these days

Gladiator by a long way.

r1 titles>Death's Demise>Gladiator

I've got the undying but not immortal, as someone died on about 10% on KT by pulling aggro and then I quit for about 9 months! My most prestigious is one of my server first titles from that time.